1. May 14, 2018  
    If DS+H is Death Strike and Horn of Winter, you are doing it wrong.
    I use Horn of Winter 2sec before the pull/dummy run, and one more time to refresh it when is about to expire (on a first free gcd once Horn has less than 15sec remaining).

My point for Rise Dead is that doing it while Hysteria is up is not ideal if u ask me.
    Doing it 2nd time STS procs u lose Taunka and Ashen proc at best, and those two things from my testing didnt mean much to Ghouls dmg.

IT > PS > DS > Hysteria > HS > BT > HS > HS >
    DRW >
    Constant rotation:
    DS > HS > HS > HS > HS >
    Pesti > HS > DS > HS > HS >
    DS > HS > HS > HS > HS >
    Pesti > HS > DS > HS > HS >
    repeat...

You could tehnicaly use ERW before u Pestilence and just go:
    IT > PS > HS > HS > HS > HS > ...
    If u dont want to use Pesti while DRW is up.

Every new lines first ability should use 1st(left) Frost and Unholy rune first, basicly you are refreshing diseases on the target using Frost Rune u used to open on the target with IT.
    Trow some Death Coils when u have a whole free GCD, never delay using runes for 1 extra DC.

U can have all kind of openers tbh, but i find this one best for setting the rest of the rotation straight forward and perfect.
    Il rather have 500-1k less burst and have a nice rotation after it that wont drop my dps to less than my gear score...
    Im not saying yours does that, im just trying to explain my ways. :D

"As for the rotation beeing tight, i wouldnt say its *tihgter* than Frosts." My bad...

2. May 15, 2018  
    H is hysteria, and both rotations are consistent, rotation doesn't change at all aside the first runes. it's based on pestilence so I don't get what you mean by a perfect or straightforward. you will ALWAYS end up with the same rotation no matter what even if you BADLY mess up your starting, you can always do a hard reset to your rotation by shifting your pest up after converting your runes to death runes. it is a 100% working to give the same rotation. whenever you feel you delayed a bit too much for whatever reason. using ur pestilience after ur deathrunes will reset you to the same rotation you speak of.

Still an inferior starter due to the loss of 2x HS @ DRW. using ghoul while hysteria is up is not a single dps loss due to the fact all our runes are on CD and we're summoning it with DRW, the reason we use it is actually a dps gain to delay our first DRW as long as possible. just exactly 0.1 as DS is usable. giving us 100% usage of our runes.and netting us the 2x HS we can't obtain with the alternative.

"one spec uses 1ability twice to convert single runes to cast a single extra OB, the other uses 1ability twice to add four extra. pretty clear which does more abilities within the same disease duration, not rocket science. FS is such child'splay to weave in to even be really considered."
    Edited: May 15, 2018

3. May 15, 2018  
    I still dont get why would u do 2x HSs with full procs without casting Hysteria for them aswell, and why wouldnt u simply use Hysteria after u cast the Ghoul, before DRW to maybe have it for 1 extra HS. From what i know, Hysteria wont increase Ghouls dmg...
    Meh, doesnt matter tbh, i guess the important thing in both rotation is to never use DS 2 times in a row...

I also dont get how can u compare Blood and Frost, since from my pov they are world apart.
    Blood feels more like Unholys chill and easy rotation, compared to Frost. Im not saying any of the rotations is hard, Frost is simply most rewarding if done well...
    Meh, guess everyone has a diferent perspective on this topic aswell...

Edit:
    Did couple of dummy runs to check Ghouls DMG with some buffs...
    When i did it using my rotation, poping it next time my STS procs while having Chaos Bane, Sigil buff, Fallen Crusader up, it did 19k DMG.
    I did it your way and the Ghoul missed a **** ton and ended up doing 10k DMG, so i wont count this one...
    After that i decided to go a step further.
    I decided to go Unholy Presence, to gather all the procs asap, and to try buff it with attack speed, i poped Potion, Hysteria, and i was lucky enough to have Taunka proc aswell. Ghoul did 21k DMG.
    All that **** for 2k extra DMG is not worth. Its better to use 1 extra HS while Hysteria is up from my pov.
    P.S. that 2k dmg came only from 700 Strength buff from DBW. So no, Hysteria does not buff Ghoul from Rise Dead if cast on DK before using the ability.

DMG diference from the Ghoul on a dummy:
    Taunka + STS + Ashen Ring + Sigil + Fallen Crusader + Chaos Bane = 730 avrg dmg
    STS + Sigil + Fallen Crusader + Chaos Bane = 620 avrg dmg
    Lets say that all Ghoul melee hits wer to land, and 0 glancing happened, the maximum amount of dmg diference would be 3.3k. Considering arround 24% will be Glancing Hits and that Ghoul will miss some cos of awesome scripting, DMG will never be higher than 2.5k from my pov.

Also, i noticed couple of things when it comes to ghoul.
    It doesnt get buffed by Haste. I used Pot again once i had Haste proc from DBW to see if Ghoul will get some minor increase with 1200 haste. Nope, Ghoul was still hitting every 2sec.
    Ghoul from Rise Dead, untalented, also does not use Energy at all. It has 100 energy pool but it doesnt use any ability.

So, one could say Ghoul, from Rise Dead, without Talents in unholy tree, is bugged...
    Edited: May 15, 2018

4. May 15, 2018  
    Hey Guys,

since youre discussing about the features of the blood spec i just wanted to know if you guys think if blood would be viable at pvp, especially in 2v2 arena matches?
    What do you guys think about this?

Avtually im playin rly low at 1300-1400 rating with an healer comb. My standart specc is unholy right now, but i wanted to know if it would be possible to switch to blood and give it a try...
    Im not running BIS but about 6.3 GS with about 1000-1100 resi and also im a Donator thats using SM right now :)

Im rly excited about your answers, maybe someone even can post an viable 2v2 arena blood specc.

Kind regards

5. May 16, 2018  
    You can use hysteria before or after ghoul, it will not add any HS or DS. we're not using the ghoul due to hysteria. we're using the ghoul due to the time we have and there is no point to do it before since it will not add nothing. the sooner you use it after the DS the better since we HoW with it triggering a GcD and reaching us 60runic. then we ghoul,racial,pot & drw.

Giving us 2HS with hysteria WITH DRW. much better than hysteria on 2x HS without DRW.

you can even precast the ghoul before pull if you're going to stay adamant on a moot point. it will NOT CHANGE anything. only difference is now after you hysteria/HoW you WAIT abit then just DRW. which still for what? gains you nothing. no extra HS/DS and you just lose on ghoul stats. despite how little. we lose it for no gain.

w/e the ghoul does in dummy is moot, raid buffed we know it does avg about 2x HS damage+-.

@Djradek

Better stick to uh, but if you want to play blood for fun then i'll change glyph of disease with glyph of HS if you get kited hard and you will. and take 50/021@uh tree to take blight. and using DC only to refresh blight

you will have no where as close the kill pressure as uh/fdk so I wouldn't go with a healer comp unless glasscannon. and you will also have to take ALL PvE arp offpieces or you won't deal any damage.

For comp I recommend DD: BM,Rpala,Arms. think of it as a bursting combo like enh/bm. only downside is unlike enh when you fail to burst you don't provide the utlity/cc that enh does.
    Edited: May 16, 2018

6. May 16, 2018  
    I agree with trm90's notion of using ghoul. Whether frost or blood spec, it's always worth doing that either on your RP dump gcd or at the end of your opener phase (with or w/o ERW).

7. May 16, 2018  
    I never said: "dont use Ghoul at all", all i said is that i think using BT and that extra HS with Hysteria, is more worth from my pov, and delaying Rise Dead for when STS procs the 2nd time wont make u lose anything, especialy since only Taunka from DBW buffs the Ghoul.
    2-3k DMG on will be covered with that extra HS, especialy if it Crits, on top of no need to use HoW to reach the Runic Power needed for DRW.
    I tryed both urs and mine ways of opening and i simply never reached as high as burst with Ghoul and HoW before DRW. U also lose 1 extra GCD which is 1 more HS cos BT+HS takes 1 gcd and Ghoul+HoW takes 2, making u do that Pestilence sooner, so another downside. Thats atleast what happened to me, i might have done ur opener badly since im used to the one im using.

I use Rise Dead myself always as both Blood and Frost.
    Blood - during 2nd STS proc with as many attack power buffs on top of that.
    Frost - at the end off FS spam after ERWs Obli spam.

8. May 16, 2018  
    Hey trm90 thx for that quick answer!

9. May 16, 2018  
    I understand the extra HS seems inciting but when you lose 2xHS during DRW it's not good at all.

I dunno maybe you're doing it wrong or something if ghoul/HoW are making you lose any time. because they should line up perfectly with your first F & UH runes.

BBXFXU IT->PT
    XXXFXU HS HS
    XXXXXX DS
    Now all runes are on CD you have time Hyst+HoW+ghoul+drw BEFORE the first IT+PSrunes come of CD. and it comes almost exactly as you DRW. so you're not losing anything by ghoul/HoW aside the HS from BT.

now you get "DS > HS > HS > HS > pest > HS > HS > HS > HS > DS" with DRW.

That is a yielding you 2x HS with DRW instead of the extra HS @ start with BT. so you will end up doing more dps with BT+HS @ start but when you reach the 2x HS phase, that dk will overtake at this point.

10. May 16, 2018  
    IT > PS > HS > HS > DS > H+Ghoul > HoW > DRW >
    DS > HS > HS > HS > HS > Pesti > HS > ...

This is the opener u are using?
    Correct me if im wrong.
    I didnt copy paste it simply cos i did it from my head to see if i did my practice right...

Now, if i am right, and i did the rotation correctly, this is the problem i had.

The ONLY time i could reach that Pestilence on time was if i had perfect MS and if i got Haste proc from DBW.
    Any other time i had to Pestilence 1 death rune before that, something like this:

IT > PS > HS > HS > DS > H+Ghoul > HoW > DRW >
    DS > HS > HS > HS > Pesti > HS > HS > ...

IT > PS > H+DS > HS > BT+HS > HS > DRW >

The 1st rotation has 1 extra GCD in the opener that makes that 1st Pestilence hard to reach in many cases.
    The only way i could do ur Opener successfully every time is if i fakecasted BT (basicly just to gain 10 RP and nothing else) before i did 1st HS and completely skipped HoW (which has no point if u ask me since it wont buff your Ghoul at all - that HoW).
    Also, the more u delay that Hysteria, the less uptime it will Share with STS, and the most amount of Burst happen when all ur procs Stack with each other.

But since i feel we are spinning in circles for a long time now, lets just agree to disagree.

The way how i see it, there are 2 potential ways to open:
    IT > PS > H+DS > HS > BT(instacancelaura)+HS > HS > DRW >

IT > PS > BT(instacancelaura)+HS > HS > DS > H+Ghoul > DRW >

H=Hysteria

11. May 16, 2018  
    Yes it's 3x HS then pestilence, not 4 then pestilence after DRW.

there are 2x openings, one that take an initial HS @ start and the other takes 2xHS @ DRW.
    if DRW is on CD the HS+BT is better, when it's not which is most of the time taking the extra 2xHS with DRW is better.

12. May 16, 2018  
    I have a question about tot and hysteria/death wish somebody (I think trm90) said that tot will remove hysteria for example from retail video all I can see that hysteria or death wish were stacking with tot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQEXOXObTA&t
    Just watch the video on the chat you can see msg with tots and klinda having death wish or hysteria in many,many situations.

13. May 16, 2018  
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Tricks_of_the_Trade

threat transfer works, damage doesn't. similar to vigilance,renewed hope and blessing of sanctuary. you get the threat transfer but not an additional 3% damage reduction

14. May 16, 2018  
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Tricks_of_the_Trade

threat transfer works, damage doesn't. similar to vigilance,renewed hope and blessing of sanctuary. you get the threat transfer but not an additional 3% damage reduction
    But why they would give tot to klinda if he used death wish then? Doesn't make any sense, I was just thinking also about that big ds and autoattack crit from this blood dk. I'm pretty sure high end guild would know what to do and wait with tot if it's needed.

15. May 16, 2018  
    But why they would give tot to klinda if he used death wish then? Doesn't make any sense, I was just thinking also about that big ds and autoattack crit from this blood dk. I'm pretty sure high end guild would know what to do and wait with tot if it's needed.
    While playing retail gives you an automatic PhD in every subject known to mankind not everyone knew all the intricacies of the game.

First ... 51314151617 ... Last