1. Hi,
    after many problems in order to recovery my account (the website recovery page to recovery email didn't work, Email not found error), but when I tried to create another account I had the "email already exists error".

After many days I remembered my forum username and I finally recovered (YESTERDAY!) my account.

I was only able to use the levelup bonus 2 times and I absolutely was NOT able to use the profession bonus

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAxdmkmW4AA8xJH.png

So since you had website problems I think it'll be a good thing, for the community, to prolong the due date if the website is fixed now.
    Or, at least, to give the bonuses to the people who wasn't able, for the website problems, to use the bonuses.

Thanks
    This.

Please give newly recovered accounts or accounts that have not been recovered yet some time for us to be able to use 3 free profession and 5 instant 80 upgrades.

2. How should accounts that weren't yet recovered take back their titles when the ticket system is closed now? Should they just send PM to you?

3. I don't understand as well why you didn't put that 5x instant 80 and 3x profession stays 50 days after the account is recovered same as coins/vps.

So basically people who from some reason didn't recover their accounts yet will have to play from lvl 1 and won't have profession boosts even tho they might've lost more than just few chars that were completely geared?
    Sure they'll get coins back, but still.

I did see that warning that was posted on Main Page and I did gift the coins I've had left to friends and used boosts, but there are still people that didn't even recover their accounts and they probably expected boosts/profs to stay for 50 days just like coins.

4. I don't understand as well why you didn't put that 5x instant 80 and 3x profession stays 50 days after the account is recovered same as coins/vps.

So basically people who from some reason didn't recover their accounts yet will have to play from lvl 1 and won't have profession boosts even tho they might've lost more than just few chars that were completely geared?
    Sure they'll get coins back, but still.

I did see that warning that was posted on Main Page and I did gift the coins I've had left to friends and used boosts, but there are still people that didn't even recover their accounts and they probably expected boosts/profs to stay for 50 days just like coins.
    If I were to surmise I would say it is to encourage and reward players to return to the server during the rough transition period. Fact is the last 2 months is the most difficult period of this fiasco and trying to salvage an active playing population would mean these sort of rewards. It is loyalty rewarded so to speak.

As for the people who recover late they can't claim to not have the advantage of an updated market place and a more functional support services that people had to endure during the rough patch. In addition, it helps the server to have people level since it means more activity for them, or if they are lazy the instant level + professions at least provide a much needed coin sink.

5. If I were to surmise I would say it is to encourage and reward players to return to the server during the rough transition period. Fact is the last 2 months is the most difficult period of this fiasco and trying to salvage an active playing population would mean these sort of rewards. It is loyalty rewarded so to speak.

As for the people who recover late they can't claim to not have the advantage of an updated market place and a more functional support services that people had to endure during the rough patch. In addition, it helps the server to have people level since it means more activity for them, or if they are lazy the instant level + professions at least provide a much needed coin sink.
    Yes, but what if some players were on vacation and didn't know about what happened with molten? I know a few players who just found out about the server hijack today lol.

Basically, it's fair to have professions and instant 80s up for X days after an account has been recovered for those who come late.

6. Yes, but what if some players were on vacation and didn't know about what happened with molten? I know a few players who just found out about the server hijack today lol.

Basically, it's fair to have professions and instant 80s up for X days after an account has been recovered for those who come late.
    Same policy they've taken when they first did the upgrade to Cata. They can only wait so long, tough luck if somehow they miss it, nothing surprising about this. Account recovery in itself will only last 5 months, after that poof~ Again tough luck if they were a day late. There is simply too large a population base to cater to.

Right now the priority is obviously returning the server back to normal and that means weaning the population out of the special perks that provide them an advantage.

7. Same policy they've taken when they first did the upgrade to Cata. They can only wait so long, tough luck if somehow they miss it, nothing surprising about this. Account recovery in itself will only last 5 months, after that poof~ Again tough luck if they were a day late. There is simply too large a population base to cater to.

Right now the priority is obviously returning the server back to normal and that means weaning the population out of the special perks that provide them an advantage.
    Understandable. It was indeed tough luck for those who came back only to see their chars on cata when they were playing wotlk.

However, wouldn't it be best to keep the free proffs/instant lvl up until the 5 months are over?

That means, whenever an account gets recovered "WITHIN" these 5 months or so of the account restoration phase, that account will be able to make use of these features for X days after recovery.

That's a much better way to go.

8. Understandable. It was indeed tough luck for those who came back only to see their chars on cata when they were playing wotlk.

However, wouldn't it be best to keep the free proffs/instant lvl up until the 5 months are over?

That means, whenever an account gets recovered "WITHIN" these 5 months or so of the account restoration phase, that account will be able to make use of these features for X days after recovery.

That's a much better way to go.

They just want to normalize I believe, and while I am not privy to the decisions I don't think the decision on the date was made arbitrarily without figures. Like I said they probably want people to end up creating activity again in the leveling zones, or act as a coin sink. Bear in mind I doubt they want to give away a service that people normally pay for, since they could only be availed of via coins, so it also helps to put value in those particular services once more.

At the end of the day it is a huge advantage to start out late since you have more information to work with. Giving them the same advantages and handicap as those who started earlier without the consequence, e.g. deadlines, is not going to favor the player base.

9. At the end of the day it is a huge advantage to start out late since you have more information to work with. Giving them the same advantages and handicap as those who started earlier without the consequence, e.g. deadlines, is not going to favor the player base.
    The players who recovered early still had the same deadline which was extended a few times.
    The players who just recovered or didn't recover yet will also have a deadline that will NOT be extended.

It's really the same thing. Doesn't matter if issues were present or not...and players are not recovering late 'on purpose' because of this lol.

10. The players who recovered early still had the same deadline which was extended a few times.
    The players who just recovered or didn't recover yet will also have a deadline that will NOT be extended.

It's really the same thing. Doesn't matter if issues were present or not...and players are not recovering late 'on purpose' because of this lol.
    I think the point is having to encourage people to just recover sooner rather than later, which means not having to deal with the next wave of recoveries and requests for the coming months. It is simply better to have everything dealt with in one go.

I wouldn't be too certain about the whole issues I know players who are in a wait and see until enough kinks are ironed out. You're underestimating how much of an advantage it is to recover late, for one the communities are better established by then (for instance you may have guilds in farming mode of the latest raid - saving you coins to spend).

They are already aware of people opting to recover late, or granting them a grace period. It doesn't change that they would rather have people recover sooner rather than later as they obviously have plans, which are harder to execute when you have to account for a wave of players capable of making an impact (several hundreds to thousands of coins worth to be exact).

11. Q. What about legendary daggers and coin reset?
    A. Those who had the daggers will have them sent (for free) some time after their coin resets happen, it's best to PM me with the character you want them on (Neltharion only for obvious reasons).
    Thanks Edi, sent you a PM a while back :)

12. I think the point is having to encourage people to just recover sooner rather than later, which means not having to deal with the next wave of recoveries and requests for the coming months. It is simply better to have everything dealt with in one go.

I wouldn't be too certain about the whole issues I know players who are in a wait and see until enough kinks are ironed out. You're underestimating how much of an advantage it is to recover late, for one the communities are better established by then (for instance you may have guilds in farming mode of the latest raid - saving you coins to spend).

They are already aware of people opting to recover late, or granting them a grace period. It doesn't change that they would rather have people recover sooner rather than later as they obviously have plans, which are harder to execute when you have to account for a wave of players capable of making an impact (several hundreds to thousands of coins worth to be exact).
    I still don't see how it may be a 'huge' advantage to recover late. Yes, raids could be on farm by certain guilds but that would also mean you would miss the progression and realm firsts which is more important and more fun in my opinion.

If recovering sooner is what they wanted, then there will still be people who didn't know about it(Example: People on vacation or taking a break). These kind of players are not recovering late on purpose. It just happened to be that they were 'away at the time.' Therefore, it's only fair to allow them to use the profession and lvl up upgrades.

Yes, 'some' players might wait on purpose to see if they can have an advantage in some way(Which I still don't see) but one can not say that everyone that is recovering late is thinking like this.

You said it could save players some coins to spend. However, the reset timer will still exist on accounts regardless of when they recover in the next 5 months.

By the way, gifting is disabled. The people who recovered from the start could use gifting. Everyone recovering from now on won't be able to use gifting. Isn't that alone enough of a penalty for being late? There is no need to remove the instant lvlup and proff upgrades from newly and still yet to recover accounts. A timer would be perfect.

Once again, please reconsider.

13. By the way, gifting is disabled. The people who recovered from the start could use gifting. Everyone recovering from now on won't be able to use gifting. Isn't that alone enough of a penalty for being late? There is no need to remove the instant lvlup and proff upgrades from newly and still yet to recover accounts. A timer would be perfect.

Once again, please reconsider.
    Gifting will be returned, people who recovered late are still able to use gifting when its re-enabled.

14. Gifting will be returned, people who recovered late are still able to use gifting when its re-enabled.
    Yes, it will be returned but it says "No ETA yet."

This means it could be after the account recovery phase. Also, if gifting is returned, you won't be able to gift accounts that have expired timers. So in other words, you won't be able to gift anyone that recovered early.

First 12345 ... Last