1. [Well, for me the "realmset.." was on the first line.]
    So i changed it, but when i go online it keeps saying thats i got the old one :/

2. so, i set the realmlist to the warmane one but theres also a set patchlist on my realmlist.wtf file. does this mean i have to change my patchlist to the warmane one too? logged on recently and didnt seem to make a difference but didnt want this slight overlook to hurt me later. also i didnt mention but this is on cata

this is the eact wording in my realmlist.wtf file

set realmlist logon.warmane.com (was logon.molten-wow.com)
    set patchlist logon.molten-wow.com

3. help with the torrent download

So i downloaded the torrent but every time i go to log in it says a patch is required?? what do i do to stop this?

RandallJencks
    the realm list file isnt in the folder, what do i do

5. I Play on MoP and im running Windows 8.1 and when i tryd to change the Realmlist its kept saying that my changes has been denied. if any of u that have 8.1 and has changed it plz help beceuse my WOTLK changes and my Cata but MoP wont
    Got the same problem... Im runing win7

6. If you are geting some errors make sure the "Config" file is not set to read only .

7. So i downloaded the torrent but every time i go to log in it says a patch is required?? what do i do to stop this?
    You need to login with your username, not the email ;)

8. [Well, for me the "realmset.." was on the first line.]
    So i changed it, but when i go online it keeps saying thats i got the old one :/

I had the exact same issue but its resolved for me. What I was doing wrong was that after saving the .config file with the new changes, I would start my WoW client through a saved shortcut file copy thingy. This way the info in the .config file would switch back to 'logon.molten-wow.com'

Simply try running the game through the original WoW.exe and it'll accept those changes. Also, dont forget to delete your shortcut file and replace it with a new one!

Hope this helps :\

9. there's also one other thing to do. After modifying realmlist, clear your cache, else, your config.wtf will revert back to the old adress.

So basically :

- modify config.wtf
    - erase your cache in the "cache" folder
    - execute wow
    - profit.

10. Well i solved the prob with Confing.wtf.. if you cant save the changes just put it on some other location and youll be able to save the changes then put it back on its right place.
    Curious thing is my wow.exe do not save any cashe or accont details... cant save my macros or even my interface.
    Theres any new wow.exe avaliable?

11. Tutorial on how to update your realmlist to Warmane.

Wrath of the Lich King
    1) Go to your World of Warcraft folder
    2) Double click on your "Data" folder
    3) Double click on your enUS (or whichever language pack you're using) folder
    4) Right click on the file named "realmlist.wtf", open it with Notepad.
    5) Replace ALL of the text in this file with the following: set realmlist logon.warmane.com

Cataclysm
    1) Go to your WoW folder where you can find your WoW.exe
    2) Double click on your "Data" folder
    3) Double click on your enUS (or whichever language pack you're using) folder
    4) Right click on the file named "realmlist.wtf", select "open it with Notepad
    Note: Sometimes "realmlist.wtf" file may be located in the World of Warcraft
    5) Replace ALL of the text in this file with the following: set realmlist logon.warmane.com

Mists of Pandaria
    1) Go to your WoW folder where you can find your WoW.exe
    2) Double click on your "WTF" folder
    3) Right click on the file named "Config.wtf", open it with Notepad
    4) On the third line, you should see "realmlist". Replace the text on this line with the following: SET realmlist "logon.warmane.com"

How to fix the "read only" problem;
    1) Right-click on the file.
    2) Select "Properties" from the displayed menu.
    3) At the bottom of the new panel, there is a box named "Read-only". Make sure it is NOT checked!
    send video on the forum to example change realmlist and pachlist need change ?

12. Can someone please answer about the patchlist? i have a realmlist and a patchlist, do i change both to warmane? The guide only talks about realmlist but i have both

13. Can someone help me? I tried to change the realmlist already. But when I am saving it says Access Denied. And I am sure it is not on Read Only. Thanks in advance

14. Can someone please answer about the patchlist? i have a realmlist and a patchlist, do i change both to warmane? The guide only talks about realmlist but i have both
    The patchlist is typically the same as the realmlist.

15. Can someone help me? I tried to change the realmlist already. But when I am saving it says Access Denied. And I am sure it is not on Read Only. Thanks in advance
    read my posts. just move the file anywere else like your start and change there. youll be able to save the changes and then move it back to wow folder

First 123412 ... Last