1. I had the exact same issue but its resolved for me. What I was doing wrong was that after saving the .config file with the new changes, I would start my WoW client through a saved shortcut file copy thingy. This way the info in the .config file would switch back to 'logon.molten-wow.com'

Simply try running the game through the original WoW.exe and it'll accept those changes. Also, dont forget to delete your shortcut file and replace it with a new one!

Hope this helps :\
    This helped thx.

2. I am trying to play WOTLK and this doesn't seem to be working. Could be because I play on a mac, but I don't open it with a terminal I use textedit to change the file fine, yet no change when I go to play, I am still limited to 3 realms. Which really is fine for me, I'd just like the ingame message to disappear.

3. I am trying to play WOTLK and this doesn't seem to be working. Could be because I play on a mac, but I don't open it with a terminal I use textedit to change the file fine, yet no change when I go to play, I am still limited to 3 realms. Which really is fine for me, I'd just like the ingame message to disappear.
    I am also encountering issues with my Cata client while on a Mac. I only had the config.wtf file in my WTF folder, so I edited it accordingly in TextEdit. Still didn't make the message go away.
    I created new realmlist.wtf files in TextEdit to put in my WoW home folder and in Data/EnGB folder, deleted the cache, launched the main app (as opposed to running the terminal file from within the WoW app package), and I'm still getting the message spamming my chat.

Unless I'm missing something or the Mac client doesn't adequately edit the files, I don't know why this has not worked.

4. I've read all the post, and done every thing every one has said, except re-down load the game, and still get that annoying pop up about realmlist. this is a bunch of bull, why ya'll got to go and **** **** up for?! then post a in game link to a guide that don't even work!!!! talk about salt on wounds!

5. can some one explain .. why should i change the realm to warmane ...?

6. There's no real reason. As long as logon.molten-wow.com works fine, you don't have to change.

7. i cant open that link what i have to put in my realm list ?

8. i cant open that link what i have to put in my realm list ?
    Use:
    Code:
    logon.warmane.com
    Edited: April 6, 2015

9. i follow your guide but it never change at all why need responce pls tx

10. i follow your guide but it never change at all why need responce pls tx
    Can you please elaborate your problem? Are you saying that the config.wtf or realmlist.wtf are not saving your changes?

11. i follow your guide but it never change at all why need responce pls tx
    Easy solution: go to your Wowfolder->Rightclick it and go to Properties, take the cross out of read-only.->Save changes->Do the steps in this "Guide" again and save those changes as well.-> ???->Profit (means you can play with the new realmlist now congratulations.

Edit for all those Newbies out there:

1. Go to your WoW folder
    2. Rightclick the folder and chose properties.
    3. Remove the cross out of the read-only option (yes and all following folders as well obviously)
    4. Save it! And, cause i do not trust all of you repeat steps 1 - 4 again just to make sure....
    5. Go to your WTF Folder
    6. Open the Config file in said folder ( with the Windows Editor, Wordpad is fine as well)
    7. Change the config to the following:

SET realmlist "logon.warmane.com"
    SET readTOS "1"
    SET readEULA "1"

8. Save changes.
    9. Close the window and play on the updated realmlist.

I hope everyone got it now... jeez ._.

Edit2: Can anyone tell me how noone got it from just following the steps from Sapphire? I mean Sapphire made it pretty clear and obvious. She even added a .gif for all those *****s out there to change the read-only problem they all seem to have... What the actual **** guys....
    Edited: April 8, 2015

12. ok so i cant find the realmlist at all...its not there but i can still connect and constantly getting spammed with the message to change it and its kind of annoying since i have no idea where the realmlist even is since its not where it says...i've done this many times before so im not just being an ***** about it

13. So, what do we do if we happened to use Zelta's MoP5.4.2 downloader, since it's an exe file that loads up and has a "play" button and "readme" button? There is no file folder or anything. How am I supposed to find the realmlist file?

14. So, what do we do if we happened to use Zelta's MoP5.4.2 downloader, since it's an exe file that loads up and has a "play" button and "readme" button? There is no file folder or anything. How am I supposed to find the realmlist file?
    You won't need it because it's automatically set to warmane's realmlist.

15. Despite the fact that it keeps telling me to update my realmlist? Like every 20 seconds or so?

First 1234513 ... Last