1. I Play on MoP and im running Windows 8.1 and when i tryd to change the Realmlist its kept saying that my changes has been denied. if any of u that have 8.1 and has changed it plz help beceuse my WOTLK changes and my Cata but MoP wont
    If you have Windows 8.1 you need to run the notepad application as administrator:
    1. press start;
    2. type notepad in windows search bar
    3. right click on the notepad application icon
    4. click on run as administrator

Once the notepad is opened:
    1. press on "file" -> "open.."
    2. go to the wow installation folder and then in the WTF folder
    3. you can't see the config.wtf file until you change the notepad extension from " text file*.txt " to " all files *.* " in the bottom-right of the window
    4. click on config.wtf file to open it
    5. change the realmlist and save it

Did it!

2. I play on Pandora and when I followed the instruction, I went to the WTF Folder and there was nothing except "account" And that's it, I can't merge or whatever molten trying to do,

3. I followed but it says i dont have permission.

4. May 6, 2015  
    Hello sir, thanks for the guide. Only one problem for me. I am one of the few players who plays the game on a macbook. and MacBooks can't open the WTF file. do yo know a solution to this matter? thanks in advance!

5. May 7, 2015  
    I still get the message in-game that I need to change the realmlist, why is that?

6. May 8, 2015  

7. May 8, 2015  

3) At the bottom of the new panel, there is a box named "Read-only". Make sure it is NOT checked![/B][/COLOR]

Every time I do this, when I go back to properties it's back on read-only again. GG

EDIT:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...only-mode.html fixed

EDIT2: Not fixed, fix did nothing. Jesus when did molten become so problematic
    Edited: May 8, 2015 Reason: fixed

8. May 8, 2015  
    For MOP I dont even have a :
    SET realmlist "logon.warmane.com" in my config.txt

When I add SET realmlist "logon.warmane.com" to config and save it, it always connects me to blizzard servers..what od I do now :0

heres my config file:
    SET gxApi "D3D11"
    SET gxWindow "0"
    SET gxMaximize "0"
    SET maxAnimThreads "3"
    SET readTOS "1"
    SET lastReadTOS "50408"
    SET readEULA "1"
    SET lastReadEULA "50408"
    SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
    SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"
    SET farclip "1000"
    SET particleDensity "80"
    SET waterDetail "2"
    SET rippleDetail "1"
    SET reflectionMode "0"
    SET sunShafts "2"
    SET groundEffectDensity "80"
    SET groundEffectDist "200"
    SET environmentDetail "125"
    SET projectedTextures "1"
    SET shadowMode "2"
    SET shadowTextureSize "2048"
    SET SSAO "1"
    SET SSAOBlur "1"
    SET textureFilteringMode "4"
    SET terrainLodDist "500"
    SET wmoLodDist "500"
    SET componentTextureLevel "0"

Edit: nvm you guys are using 5.4.0 not 5.4.8..
    Edited: May 8, 2015

9. May 11, 2015  
    i havent been on in about a year and im also using a mac help?
    also all my characters are gone wtf?

10. May 17, 2015  

Mists of Pandaria
    1) Go to your WoW folder where you can find your WoW.exe
    2) Double click on your "WTF" folder
    3) Right click on the file named "Config.wtf", open it with Notepad
    4) On the third line, you should see "realmlist". Replace the text on this line with the following: SET realmlist "logon.warmane.com"
    And what if i am using Zelta client?

I did everything but nothing happened and message that i am using the molten one is still here.

11. May 24, 2015  
    Hi i got a problem, i change the realmlist but when i open the game it comes back to molten realmlist :S is there any solution for that?

12. May 26, 2015  
    You can locate your realmlist in the Data>enGB or enUS folder.
    Thereafter, you will see realmlist wtf file almost at the bottom.

If you have problems with saving the edited realmlist text, drag the realmlist wtf file to your desktop, where you keep all your program icons etc.
    Type it all in again, save it and drag the realmlist wtf file back to your privateserver wow folder and then into data > enGB or enUS and drag it from desktop to the realmlist folder.

You don't change your realmlist in your config folder.

13. May 27, 2015  
    Hello. I have a problem, im using <<set realmlist "logon.warmane.com>> and when i try to connet it stuck's at " connecting and after 20 sec i get critical error. If i use the <<set realmlist logon.molten-wow.com>> wich is the old one, i can log into my account but the chat is spammed by server warnings to change my realmist. anyone can help me fix this problem pls???

14. May 28, 2015  
    :o I followed these steps for the wotlk, then I had the read only problem. So i followed that guide, now I can't even connect to WoW.

15. May 28, 2015  
    :o I followed these steps for the wotlk, then I had the read only problem. So i followed that guide, now I can't even connect to WoW.
    Wotlk have a problem, you're not the only one who can't connect on the wotlk servers with "logon.warmane.com". Set back "logon.molten-wow.com" (without quotes) and it will work but. . you'll get spammed by system.

First ... 2345614 ... Last