1. May 30, 2015  
    Everything is somewhat in limbo right now with a lot of things, it's best to be future-proof'd and just set yourself to warmane realmlist, as all updates, discussions and news now takes place under the warmane name and website.

If you have any thoughts or questions about this, feel free to PM me
    Hey, just wanna say i changed realmlist and i still get spammed that i need to change it,but i already did!That spam really bothers me i cant chat!

2. May 30, 2015  
    I'm having the exact same problem. Changed the reamlist, double checked if it got saved, played the game and I still get spammed by that obnoxious message.

3. May 31, 2015  
    i downloaded the game client from the download page for MoP because i got tired of the spamming of change realm list after i did. and now i get spammed 3 times as much.

your game client is using our old realmlist to connect. Please update your realmlist to logon.warmane.com tutorial.... love the no inpact on your game part. i cannot see any chat because it gets replaced by this message.

this is my config file.

SET realmlist "logon.warmane.com"
    SET locale "enGB"
    SET installLocale "enUS"
    SET enterWorld "1"
    SET hwDetect "0"
    SET videoOptionsVersion "5"
    SET gxApi "D3D11"
    SET gxWindow "1"
    SET gxMaximize "0"
    SET maxAnimThreads "3"
    SET accountName "bornwithboth"
    SET mouseSpeed "1"
    SET Gamma "1.000000"
    SET lastCharacterIndex "1"
    SET readTOS "1"
    SET readEULA "1"
    SET readTerminationWithoutNotice "1"
    SET accounttype "MP"
    SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
    SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"
    SET farclip "1000"
    SET particleDensity "10"
    SET rippleDetail "1"
    SET reflectionMode "0"
    SET environmentDetail "50"
    SET shadowTextureSize "2048"
    SET SSAOBlur "1"
    SET textureFilteringMode "0"
    SET terrainLodDist "500"
    SET wmoLodDist "500"
    SET terrainMipLevel "1"
    SET worldBaseMip "2"
    SET weatherDensity "0"
    SET realmName "Sargeras"
    SET gameTip "2"

i shut off system messages has been my only fix sofar.
    Edited: May 31, 2015

4. June 7, 2015  
    its telling me access denied and i cant put the info in to replace moltens
    Edited: June 7, 2015

5. June 7, 2015  
    It seems like you miss 1 line:
    SET realmlist "logon.warmane.com"
    SET patchlist "logon.warmane.com"

I have this and I'm not spammed :)

6. June 7, 2015  
    its telling me access denied and i cant put the info in to replace moltens
    Means that you're in folder where you need administrative privileges to edit a document. You can always put the document on desktop, edit it, and then put it back. Or just run the document as an administrator.

7. June 9, 2015  

no changes in-game

so on wolk i followed the steps but i am still being spammed saying im useing the old relmlist when i have done what is needed whats going on?
    Same here. After changing on Notepad, it wouldn't let me save in the same directory. It said 'access denied'. Spamming old message while I play, too.

8. i can't access to logon.warmane.com

9. I cant open that in notepad what to do now ?

10. I kinda have a problem see i download the game and i went to check on the realms i dont have Warsong and NELTHARION from CATACLYSM what should i do?

11. Possible Solution - Please Read

I know I'm real late to the party, but I thought I should make this post in the hopes that it will aid anyone who is absolutely 100% sure they've followed every step precisely and successfully changed their Config.wtf file, but are still getting their chatlog flooded by that message.

The changeover worked fine on my main computer, so I wasn't really aware of this issue - until today when I tried playing on my laptop and found that I hadn't changed the config file on this machine yet. So, I went ahead and changed it. I logged back in, but, to my surprise, I still had the message. I went back and re-opened the config file, but found that it was still successfully changed to Warmane. I looked through some of the files and folders, and I noticed that my WTF folder was horrifically out of date - it didn't have the name of my new account, or the new characters on my main account that I'd made on Frostwolf. So I did some digging... And guess what I found? The Windows User-friggin'-Access-Control has this special hidden feature which, to put it simply, detects when a program tries to save a file in a "protected location" (like Program Files (...really, Microsoft?)) and tricks it into saving (and subsequently reading) those files in a special hidden folder known as VirtualStore. The issue, in case you haven't caught on yet, is that Windows has copied the WoW folder into the VirtualStore, so the actual Config.wtf file that the game is reading is different to the one that you can see and edit in the original folder in Program Files.

So, to fix this issue, you need to...
    1. Make sure you can see hidden folders. This is because the folder, AppData, in step 2 is hidden.
    2. Navigate to "C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\VirtualSt ore\"
    3. Navigate to your WTF folder inside the VirtualStore folder - mine was at ".\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\"
    4. Open and edit the Config.wtf file. Save.

If all went according to plan, you should now be able to log in and that message should be banished for good.
    I hope this helps some, if not all, of the people who are still having issues with this after all this time.

Edit: The final folder in step 2 should be \VirtualStore\ but the forum seems to automatically be putting a space in there...
    Edited: July 14, 2015

12. Pouredor

it says you have to convert your account to battlenet

13. I know I'm real late to the party, but I thought I should make this post in the hopes that it will aid anyone who is absolutely 100% sure they've followed every step precisely and successfully changed their Config.wtf file, but are still getting their chatlog flooded by that message.
    Anyway thanks for the help. VirtualStore was the actual culprit. I deleted the VirtualStore (to free disk space) and added Take Ownership to my system. Now with complete ownership you can change access rights for the specific users and prevent this from happening again.

14. Anyway thanks for the help. VirtualStore was the actual culprit. I deleted the VirtualStore (to free disk space) and added Take Ownership to my system. Now with complete ownership you can change access rights for the specific users and prevent this from happening again.
    You're most welcome. I hope others can similarly get it sorted with this information.

15. I can't log in using set realmlist logon.warmane.com
    I have to change it to set realmlist logon.warmane.ru, which is what the current downloadable client sets it to automatically.

First ... 3456715 ... Last