1. Reverve abuse on Ragnaros

Raiding is to say the least lost it's luster with all of the greedy reserved and keep leaders being allowed to control this server. This server has allowed the little thieves to thrive and become not only ugly but fester in disgustingly less than reasonable behaviors! Being a father and grandfather I use to admire and enjoy playing this server but it seems to have been running a race to the bottom since its reestablishing itself after its horrible encounter recently. I truly believe the heart of the server has GREAT intentions but seems to have lost its way!

2. In some cases you could call it a thieve, but most raids I join the reserves are fair. It's the leader who is putting work on organizing and controlling the raid, he deserves something in return.

3. In some cases you could call it a thieve, but most raids I join the reserves are fair. It's the leader who is putting work on organizing and controlling the raid, he deserves something in return.
    Why do you say he deserves something? Isn't just enjoying the raid enough with the hopes of acquiring something in using group loot like everyone else? Sorry I disagree with this concept of DESERVING something!

4. It became a common thing after molten introduced the new "60 day ban for ninja'ing" policy and reduced BoE items drop in ICC...
    but what can we do, most people think that being greedy is allright.

5. so make reserving banable, 60d kappa

6. You're not forced to join a raid.

7. You're not forced to join a raid.
    No indeed, but it is very hard to find a raid that doesnt have anything reserved.
    However, you could always start your own raid.

This is not an option for everyone sadly

My share to the story: spamming on global "reserve = thief" will get you on my ignore list, because it is something people have to decide for themselves. It is always your own choice to join such a raid (as Merlin said). It annoys me that people want to tell other people what to do.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to make a big big guild, call it something like: "the casual player". Then put 2 guild rules:
    - respect eachother
    - dont make reserve raids

You will have alot of benefit from this, enough people that would love to occasionally do some raid with your, without any reserves & without the hassle of being raid leader yourself. (will save you from people that keep throwing poop at all RL's aswell, you just Gkick them if they do).

8. Why do you say he deserves something? Isn't just enjoying the raid enough with the hopes of acquiring something in using group loot like everyone else? Sorry I disagree with this concept of DESERVING something!
    It depends on perspective. (Keep in mind this is Blizz-like in that it happened on retail WotLK).

For example, back on retail, I recall running VOA25 over, and over, and over for the one remaining piece I needed (gloves for my mage) only to have it drop twice in "no reserved" groups and be out rolled by severely under-geared competition who shouldn't have been there to begin with. So, after several weeks of it, I started my own groups reserving only that one piece, should it drop. The under-geared didn't care since they still had chances to win others, and it warned other mages not to join if that's all they want, too. That said, it still took another month of runs to see it again and finally snag it. I felt I put my time in for the RNG and needed to "stack the deck" a little to get my payout in that case.

Another example is the common ICC25 rep run with BoE rings reserved. You might call that thieving, but my experience has been that it's the tanks who run those and without them it'd be harder to run anyway. I saw it as paying for the tanking service without having to give them anything personally -- win/win.

Reserves are inherently bad. Just make sure you screenshot the rules whenever you join a PuG to make sure they're followed properly.

EDIT: And, simply ignore those that are reserving every thing like "PRIMOS, BoE, all tokens, recipes" etc. Chances are, the raid won't fill up anyway (or will only fill with the undergeared who just want a chance at running it).

9. You are a father and a grandfather. So you know how it was to be a kid. Still complaining about reserving items in raids?

Lmao I get it, 50 years ago there were no mmorpgs.

10. Being a father and grandfather I use to admire and enjoy playing this server but it seems to have been running a race to the bottom since its reestablishing itself after its horrible encounter recently.
    What does being a father and a grandfather have to do with anything you just said and why do you feel the need to state that you're both when one implies the other?

Being a bird and a penguin, I find you really pretentious.

11. Raiding is to say the least lost it's luster with all of the greedy reserved and keep leaders being allowed to control this server. This server has allowed the little thieves to thrive and become not only ugly but fester in disgustingly less than reasonable behaviors! Being a father and grandfather I use to admire and enjoy playing this server but it seems to have been running a race to the bottom since its reestablishing itself after its horrible encounter recently. I truly believe the heart of the server has GREAT intentions but seems to have lost its way!
    No one is forcing you to join PUG raids. You know what PUG means if you dont i will tell you "Pick Up Group". If you dont like the rulz or you dont like the leader just dont join it. Find a guild, raid with it and you will be fine, but oh wait most guilds are reserving BOE's too for the guild - to buy flask's, scroll's etc. So your options are - make your own guild or do your own raids.

12. I agree with you. its silly and sad that people are so greedy that they cant just roll fairly. I wont even attend a guild raid if we are reserving gear its just dumb.

13. No one is forcing you to join PUG raids. You know what PUG means if you dont i will tell you "Pick Up Group". If you dont like the rulz or you dont like the leader just dont join it. Find a guild, raid with it and you will be fine, but oh wait most guilds are reserving BOE's too for the guild - to buy flask's, scroll's etc. So your options are - make your own guild or do your own raids.
    That's the day-to-day when newbies raid with the oldies.
    Just stop crying by people reserving stuff.
    It takes about 3 long hours to make a 25man raid group and another 1 hour before it mostlikely R.Os whilst having to deal with any kind of person and you still call them thieves?

I suggest moving this to Off-topic because it ain't "General discussion", it's more like someone crying and trying to get staff attention.

14. Being a son and a grandson, I love candies.

12 Last