1. But you could get a 10-day trial Free-To-Play to create an account and log in, then have a friend give/lend you the gold In-Game to buy a token and thereafter play and farm the gold In-Game every month to refresh your subscription, right?
    No trial accounts can not trade / whisper ect till you subsctibe

2. This is actually a good way to counter many problems. I saw that method used in other and it worked just fine.
    - people will have official way to buy gold - less gold farmers.
    - some people will start with tokens and later might buy subscriprion - playerbase will grow.
    - you still have to buy wow and WOD expansion - inreased income from sales.

QQ about noobs coming to play is just plan nerdrage created by hardcore nolifers and game elitists. These new players are healthy to the game. Someone should farm mats and someone should be bottom of whole playerbase.

3. There wont be many tokens on ah like just few. Since already you can buy 30/60 game time for around 100 to 200k. This is what my friend is doing. During 5.4 his guild were carrying people in hc soo and later mythic for gold. It was around 200k so people had gold to buy that sub.
    And token will be at start for around 100k may drop to 70k later.

4. mounts for gold, level ups, faction change now this. Soon we can expect items for money. Just disgusting. Eh vanilla...

5. $1 = 1.5k

But, since you are buying gold through blizzard, they tax you a bit for the gametime, 5$, so it will be less then a 1:1.5 ratio. We can expect it to be around 25k. It will probably start a bit higher, but wait a few weeks and it will drop to 25k.
    AH won't take gold from the WoW token as that what it stated on their website.

6. But you could get a 10-day trial Free-To-Play to create an account and log in, then have a friend give/lend you the gold In-Game to buy a token and thereafter play and farm the gold In-Game every month to refresh your subscription, right?
    No, Cause theres a gold limit...and these items are already estimated at 20-30-40 k....gold cap for trail accounts is 50g

7. But you could get a 10-day trial Free-To-Play to create an account and log in, then have a friend give/lend you the gold In-Game to buy a token and thereafter play and farm the gold In-Game every month to refresh your subscription, right?
    Aside what Scythor already mentioned, a trial account has a gold cap of 10 gold so... You won't exactly be able to afford buying those tokens, I doubt they'd be selling that dirt cheap. Plus those trial accounts don't go past level 20.

8. These new players are healthy to the game.
    Exactly. New players are nothing but a good thing for any game. I used to be a regular at a MUD called A World Called Hollow for nearly 8 years and watched it die a slow death as more and more people left. Last week I hopped on briefly to check how it was doing and there were two people online (one of which was afk). Its a sad thing to see.

9. But you could get a 10-day trial Free-To-Play to create an account and log in, then have a friend give/lend you the gold In-Game to buy a token and thereafter play and farm the gold In-Game every month to refresh your subscription, right?
    Only if u had Battlechest, u can't do it on new account, so... And I guess they set near 80k=1 token

10. the day it goes free is the day warmane dies. The population would drop so far it would be like any other private server that has no population.

11. the day it goes free is the day warmane dies. The population would drop so far it would be like any other private server that has no population.
    Lack of money is not only reason ppl play on private servers. Most of them enjoy old expansions, mainly WotLK.

12. the day it goes free is the day warmane dies. The population would drop so far it would be like any other private server that has no population.
    I dont think so.
    Considering that World of Warcraft have around 10.000.000 of players, isnt in their interest to kill the Pservers, their goal is to allow the "kids" to not stole their mom money for play WoW, for make WoW LOOKS less addict game (Just reminds me when there was so many TV show talk about this addiction and considered even as a drug)
    Consider it as a business, what you want to do for keep it up?
    - The players witch are playng already since years, are in the 99% of the cases already mature with their own work witch allows them to buy WoW subs, they wont change the way forcing them to farm 8-9 hours or more.
    Who can be the new kind of player? Well, the answer is so obvious, kids.
    Making those new generation farm their gold for subs, w/o stole their parents credit card, will make their addiction easier to hide; you would be stupid if you dont think that WoW was created for have the faster addiction/time ratio then other games.
    Who is in the Pservers wont move to Blizzard, because overall you'll have to farm more time then before, the economy of the realms/tokens will be decided by the elitist guilds witch are gold capped and so on, and people will be able to make their business over it (subs is for 15euro? Ok, i farm some subs in-game, and sell them via black market for 5 euro, for example.)
    Blizzard isnt stupid, they have a market plan, a strategy for have the easiest amount of $$$.
    Blizzard interest isnt to destroy the Pservers, those are just keeping making Blizzard interesting "I played Pservers completly free & bugged in several ways,but i liked the game, gonna try the official one"
    You really think that would be so "Hard" for them to close every single Pservers exist? Try be related to something bigger and you'll understand what i talk about (not offending ofc).
    You really think that would be so hard for Blizzard to open older content realms and literally destroy all the Pservers in a bunch of days? If you think Pservers are alive simply because they are in russia or in some other nations, u're sooo wrong lol
    Also consider that people plays in Pserver 80% of the case WOTLK/TBC/Vanilla realms, simply because they enjoy more the older expansion.

13. Blizzard has thought this out very well.
    They will still get the same amount of money.

You buy game time to sell, you are paying for that other persons gametime, they get x2 the cash from one purchase, but it's being sold off to a player, so both players get game time, but they keep the same cash.

From a business point of view this is great, and it still isnt pay to win, sure. More gold will be given to the richer IRL, but whats the best thing you can buy with gold anyway?

Wp blizzard, Wp.

14. the day it goes free is the day warmane dies. The population would drop so far it would be like any other private server that has no population.
    I sure hope not (and doubt that). At least some of us are here because of what we perceive as Bliz messing up their game in the later expansions, not the subscription fee. I know that a bunch are here because of the $$$ too, but I don't know what percentage comparatively.

I'd guess there would still be players here who consider retail as too expensive if they charge anything at all. I don't see Bliz tossing out their expansions for free?

15. People will spend real money on those tokens. I don't think it will be cheap but everything will depend on realms after all. Different realms will have different price.
    It will cost 20-30k gold.

First 1234 ... Last