1. retail going free to play

What retail is implementing really soon...

2. Its still not Free to play, its like selling and buying game time for gold. $20 USD for token and the gold price is still unknown.

3. It's not going free to play this is how it will work. Say you have enough rl cash to buy 2 subs you use one but have one spare and want some gold in-game fast all you do is sell the other token via a in-game ah to a player for gold either way you look at it it's not free to play as to buy using gold u must have played wow before to accumulate some gold wow will never go f2p makes them way too much money.

4. It's not going free to play this is how it will work. Say you have enough rl cash to buy 2 subs you use one but have one spare and want some gold in-game fast all you do is sell the other token via a in-game ah to a player for gold either way you look at it it's not free to play as to buy using gold u must have played wow before to accumulate some gold wow will never go f2p makes them way too much money.
    But you could get a 10-day trial Free-To-Play to create an account and log in, then have a friend give/lend you the gold In-Game to buy a token and thereafter play and farm the gold In-Game every month to refresh your subscription, right?

5. Actually its free to play if you have high level chars and farm alot. So its like getting paid with play time by in-game making gold. Its like getting a job. Really, even if it only takes 8hrs of farming to get a month worth of playtime (no one knows what the ratio cost will be yet), its better for me to just work 10 mins of overtime at my real life job to make the same.

It mainly might help established players to cash out gold they've been stocking up for a month or 2 of free play.

However, the good news is that this is just the first step towards them eventually lowering the monthly cost. Then lowering it again. Then again. Then something else creative to delay the inevitable, then finally free to play with micro transactions. At this point retail wow will finally no longer need 1x rates to try to slow people down and can charge you for faster rates and stuff. Retail should always have been 3x, but the suits wanted to squeeze a little more money out of it by boring players.

6. Tokens will be for 50k+ on AH. They wont sell it for cheap price trust me.

7. But you could get a 10-day trial Free-To-Play to create an account and log in, then have a friend give/lend you the gold In-Game to buy a token and thereafter play and farm the gold In-Game every month to refresh your subscription, right?
    Last I played free trial accounts couldn't trade.

8. Tokens will be for 50k+ on AH. They wont sell it for cheap price trust me.
    totally disagree so many can buy a cheap token like that, they'll be cheap if you ask me

9. totally disagree so many can buy a cheap token like that, they'll be cheap if you ask me
    People will spend real money on those tokens. I don't think it will be cheap but everything will depend on realms after all. Different realms will have different price.

10. They will start out expensive when blizzard starts rolling them out. After that it will depend on supply and demand and will eventually be cheap. Ultimately they will have to drop to what each economy thinks is a fair price. Then it'll be polluted with too many and price will drop to "very fair".

11. One factor that they may underestimate is that since the foreign gold farmers will have competition, they'll have to lower their rates, which could spoil it completely for blizzard. Either way prices will go down because the foreign gold farmers market still has a lot of "meat on the bone". They can come down much further to attract people to buy from them instead of blizzard.

Welcome to all the good zones being gold farmed even more than they are now. It could be a disaster.

12. Just to give you an idea what blizzard will have to compete with, the gold farmers average price right now for $15 is 20,000 gold approx. So before competition kicks in, the bar is set at 20,000 gold for each month of playtime. For ppl to buy from blizzard they'd have to get a little less than that for their $15 or no-one would buy them.

13. $1 = 1.5k

But, since you are buying gold through blizzard, they tax you a bit for the gametime, 5$, so it will be less then a 1:1.5 ratio. We can expect it to be around 25k. It will probably start a bit higher, but wait a few weeks and it will drop to 25k.

123 ... Last