1. What's broken about resilience?

What's broken about resilience? Lots of people complain about it without going into any specifics. ("Not enough damage reduction" is not specific enough.)

Example: http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/13238

That certain abilities do too much damage does not mean that resilience is broken.

2. Critical damage of abilities is not properly reduced I havent been longwhile but I havent seen one fix adressing it.

3. Critical damage of abilities is not properly reduced I havent been longwhile but I havent seen one fix adressing it.
    Because they said it's working as it should be working.

4. What's broken about resilience? Lots of people complain about it without going into any specifics. ("Not enough damage reduction" is not specific enough.)

Example: http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/13238

That certain abilities do too much damage does not mean that resilience is broken.
    I don't think it's exactly broken per se, it's just that the coefficient is arguably really low considering the amount of people that have endgame weapons here that weren't really itnended to be balanced in pvp on retail

5. I don't think it's exactly broken per se, it's just that the coefficient is really low considering the amount of people that have endgame weapons here that weren't really itnended to be balanced in pvp on retail
    Resilience was pretty useless during live due to some spells hitting very hard, and correspondening HP being so low in comparison perhaps

6. My guess is that resilience works correctly but some abilitys are overscaling and certain talents have a wrong interaction with resilience.
    For example Sanctified Wrath bypasses 50% of damage reduction effects. No idea if it should also bypass 50% of the resilience or not...

I dont know if Blackrock and the other wotlk realms use a different resilience formula.
    Maybe sooner or later they will implement the blackrock formula to the other wotlk realms.

7. Maybe sooner or later they will implement the blackrock formula to the other wotlk realms.
    This can't happen soon enough. AT fixes are coming... Soon™

8. http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/12871

The resillence works propery in term of "Dmg reduction", while the point is that it's completly bugged when we talk about crit % reduction.
    That's why you see melees doing high dmg (Warriors,Rogues), because are the classes that ATM beneficts more from this broken resillence, as the crit % wont be reduced.
    We've also to consider that several spells are bugged, that everyone have BiS gear witch increase so much the overall dmg ^^, but still, the bug is about "Critical strike reduction"

9. resil crit chance reduction works, guy above me is clueless ^

10. resil crit chance reduction works, guy above me is clueless ^
    That's not true, if u talk about Blackrock, yes it works.
    If you talk about DW and Ragnaros, doesnt.

11. it works on moltens wotlk.

crit chance is reduced.
    normal hit damage is reduced.

crit hit damage is also being reduced

12. http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/12871

The resillence works propery in term of "Dmg reduction", while the point is that it's completly bugged when we talk about crit % reduction.
    I did some tests.
    With 14% crit chance I auto attacked a enemys with 1411 resilience (15% reduced crit chance). I hit the enemy around 200 times and not a single crit so the target was crit immun.
    Afterwards I changed my gear to 22% crit chance and i was able to land a few crits.

Cant confirm the bug.
    Reduced crit chance from resilience works correctly.

13. It's not the Crit Chance reduction, it's the critical DMG that isn't reduced. Just attack a target with resilience, and if the crit is double the normal damage (many classes have crit dmg increase up to a 100% bonus to damage), you instantly see it's bugged, as crit damage should be reduced.

14. wut. No, you're wrong.
    Edited: April 10, 2015

15. Avenging wrath should not bypass resilience but only defensive spells which reduce damage taken, like Shield Wall or Dispersion.

12 Last