1. My Doctor Prescribe me GOD

So I went to my doctor today with the intention of seeking out therapy for the depression-like symptoms I've been dealing with for maybe 4 or 5 years (why i waited till now? idk). So after explaining all the stuff I've been experiencing, he decided that the best way to deal with it was by spending more time with God... He went on and on about how he "dealt with the same thing" when he was my age, and how he was worried he wouldn't get into medical school, how reading the Bible would eventually get rid of these symptoms. After maybe 5 minutes of this (it doesn't help when your doctor has A.D.D. as well) I finally pipe up and say that the last time I was feeling like this I attempted suicide, and that I had been thinking about it lately. And that, ladies, gentlemen, and other, is when my doctor finally realized that Jesus might not have been enough, and he diagnosed me with severe depression. I don't mean to make light of a sensitive subject, but the keyword here must have been "suicide." The only reason I didn't bring it up sooner was because I knew that although I had thoughts of suicide, I could never subject the people around me to the heartbreak it would cause. Also, I was really nervous to talk about it with my doctor because he's usually quite cynical, plus I was hesitant to bring it up around my mom, who was with me at the time (I really hate making people worry about me).

I guess the point of my rant is that I think we should leave Jesus out of medicine. If I wanted that sort of prescription, I would have gone and talked to my church leader

2. I guess you are not religious? if you are, and have stated so to the doctor, I do not see any problem here.

3. Yeah, report that guy to the Board of Physicians or whatever higher authority there is for doctors. He doesn't need to be practicing medicine if he's encouraging his patients into dangerous delusions.

4. im depressed aswell, id kill myself long time ago if i wasnt religious, even in the offset that God doesnt exist youd have to live in agony 70ish years, thats nothing compared to eternal damnation (suicide is heavy sin) so when in doubt just use logic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

though your doctor probably thought of 2 aspects religion offers:
    fear of hell or love for life and that ****

5. So I went to my doctor today with the intention of seeking out therapy for the depression-like symptoms I've been dealing with for maybe 4 or 5 years (why i waited till now? idk). So after explaining all the stuff I've been experiencing, he decided that the best way to deal with it was by spending more time with God... He went on and on about how he "dealt with the same thing" when he was my age, and how he was worried he wouldn't get into medical school, how reading the Bible would eventually get rid of these symptoms. After maybe 5 minutes of this (it doesn't help when your doctor has A.D.D. as well) I finally pipe up and say that the last time I was feeling like this I attempted suicide, and that I had been thinking about it lately. And that, ladies, gentlemen, and other, is when my doctor finally realized that Jesus might not have been enough, and he diagnosed me with severe depression. I don't mean to make light of a sensitive subject, but the keyword here must have been "suicide." The only reason I didn't bring it up sooner was because I knew that although I had thoughts of suicide, I could never subject the people around me to the heartbreak it would cause. Also, I was really nervous to talk about it with my doctor because he's usually quite cynical, plus I was hesitant to bring it up around my mom, who was with me at the time (I really hate making people worry about me).

I guess the point of my rant is that I think we should leave Jesus out of medicine. If I wanted that sort of prescription, I would have gone and talked to my church leader
    What did you expect? The country's full of hardcore Catholics.
    Psychology is basically non existent here.
    This is why I don't see shrinks nor talk to Doctors about my personal problems... because I can't.

6. im depressed aswell, id kill myself long time ago if i wasnt religious, even in the offset that God doesnt exist youd have to live in agony 70ish years, thats nothing compared to eternal damnation (suicide is heavy sin) so when in doubt just use logic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

though your doctor probably thought of 2 aspects religion offers:
    fear of hell or love for life and that ****
    There's no logic at all in Pascal's Wager. It's the utmost desperate move from theists and has been debunked by so many people it might as well go to the Guinness Book as a record for "bull**** disproved the most times."

7. Yeah, report that guy to the Board of Physicians or whatever higher authority there is for doctors. He doesn't need to be practicing medicine if he's encouraging his patients into dangerous delusions.
    I really couldn't bring myself to do that, thus the reason he remains anonymous and nameless in the OP.

8. I really couldn't bring myself to do that, thus the reason he remains anonymous and nameless in the OP.
    Think about it this way: If he keeps prescribing the Jesus instead of actual medication or therapy he might cause severe harm to people. Like someone who actually would commit suicide who could have been saved through proper therapy.
    He is dangerous. VERY dangerous. He is actively putting people's lives at risk. You absolutely NEED to report him.

Or you should have said "but doc, I read the Bible and it only makes me more depressed"

9. What kind of amateur doctor did you go to see?
    I mean, I ain't no pro but I'm quite sure that Jesus is not the ultimate solution when it comes to mental health.

10. Omg men, you must believe in jesus men.Jesus is life.He save much people and help many other.Jesus best anime character in world men.

11. Omg men, you must believe in jesus men.Jesus is life.He save much people and help many other.Jesus best anime character in world men.
    I heard KyoAni is animating his second season. ;D

12. You should light his practice on fire and tell him don't call the fire department call Jesus :V

13. There's no logic at all in Pascal's Wager
    It's not about logic or not, Pascal's Wager sucks simply because he dares compare faith to "wager". Believing in something as irrational as God implies a profound rumination at the end of which you look deeply inside of you if your mind can really accept that God exists or not.
    Instead of that, Pascal's like "but you've nothing to lose, so go on ^^^^^^.....".

And yeah, as Deverax said : "What kind of (fuking) amateur doctor did you go to see?"
    Religion is something this personal people should really stop fuking around with it...

However, I respect religious as much as I respect religion itself, so if you think it's your way to recovery, do it. There are people on whom meditation works better than medicine.

14. Like someone who actually would commit suicide who could have been saved through proper therapy.
    'proper therapy' doesn't do jack ****. You think the person on the other side of the room gives a **** about why you want to kill yourself? You are the only person who understands how you feel and some ******* looking for a paycheck isn't going to help you when you truly want to end your life. I'm agnostic but when I was with my first guild back when I first started, my guildees were very religious and them praying did help me feel better when I was suicidal.

12 Last