1. May 16, 2013  
    higomoreira2

I have problems connecting

I try to connect the realms of cataclysm but I can't. The screen to choosing the realm however the realms list don't show up! Can anyone help me?

Show this:

When I choose any one, it appears, only without any Realm in the list:

Thank you for helping me :cool:

2. May 16, 2013  

3. May 17, 2013  
    If you're trying to connect to Molten then you would need to change the realm list file in your world of warcraft folder to set realmlist logon.molten-wow.com

If your're trying to do it on retail then try downloading the game again.

xXSanitariumXx

Retail Listing?

Yeah Bro,

You need to change the Realm list to logon.molten-wow.com like stated above... Your showing up the retail servers not Multon. An easy way to play both would be for you to place an "#" in front of your default retail defaults so that it ignores anything listed after the "#" in the list. Then just swap the "#" back & forth from which ever one you want to log onto.

Locate your wow install folder which should be something like the following,

* C:\World of Warcraft\
    * C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\
    * C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\

Once you locate it you can also move the entire folder some place else if you like on your computer & it will still run just fine, just make sure you update your shortcuts.

Once you have located your game folder you will then need to go into the following folders/directories,

* \Data\enUS\
    or
    * \Data\enGB\

Now locate your realmlist.wtf which will show up as realmlist by default unless you have known extensions showing up on your computer. Now all you need to do is open this file with any text editor & make the following changes,

For enUS

-------------

#set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    #set patchlist enUS.patch.battle.net
    #set realmlistbn ""
    #set portal us
    set realmlist logon.molten-wow.com

-------------

For enGB

-------------

#set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    #set patchlist enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
    #set realmlistbn ""
    #set portal eu
    set realmlist logon.molten-wow.com

-------------

When you want to play on Multon use the above in your realmlist.wtf file, and when you want to play on normal retail servers again use the following,

For enUS

-------------

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    set patchlist enUS.patch.battle.net
    set realmlistbn ""
    set portal us
    #set realmlist logon.molten-wow.com

-------------

For enGB

-------------

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    set patchlist enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
    set realmlistbn ""
    set portal eu
    #set realmlist logon.molten-wow.com

-------------

This should fix the problems for you buddy. Good luck!
    xXSanitariumXx

Shadowstrikexx

big issue

hey,

ive got a serious problem, i wanted to play WOTLK on this server but when i login to my account, he instantly brings up the update to cata while i just want to play 3.3.5 WOTLK.
    please i need some help cuz that was the best expension ever and i do not want to play Cata.

what do i need to do?

elsux
    did you find any solution? cuz i have the same problem and I've read a lot of people have the same as us

andrew93

Same connecting problem

I have basically the same problem. I changed the realmlist over and over as you suggested, and it even shows "sargeras x20" in the login screen, too bad it gives me the same problem, or as you say, the retail server instead of molten. what should I do? do I really have to download the game ALL OVER again?
    PS: I already played some cata, and only after abandoning it for quite some time it showed this thing. is it maybe also a problem of patch?

Dragonmots

list change doesn't work

I changed the realmlist.wtf like xXSanitariumXx said but it still doesn't show any realms/ servers, does anyone know what to do?
    Btw.: this is my first time trying to play on molten, don't know if that matters though.

bardon

Stuck at "loggining in to game server"

how to remove this :(( stuck on succes or loggining in to game server

10. cant log in

hey guys ive set warmane or molten wow's realmlist but it still doesnt work i donno why,,i even downloaded from this server,wat might be wrong?