1. Learning 3v3

I'll start this off by immediately stating that I understand how classes work individually and in 2v2, because that's the bracket I've been q'ing on through wotlk and most of cata.

For the past week now I've been q'ing 2s on Frostwolf, and have come to the realization that it's even more of a braindead bracket in mop than it was in cata, with very few cookie-cutter comps that are worth playing, if you care about winning. Maybe this isn't the case, but that's how it seems to me at the moment, not even taking into account all the insta-grievous geared people (double lelstorms lel).

Either way, I decided that since I've always been hearing that 3s is the bracket that's most balanced and fun to play, it might finally be the time to give it a try, since I can no longer enjoy the 2s that I've been rotting in for a long time now.

Unfortunately, the transition isn't as simple, which I already partially knew, with the whole aspect of 2 more players being in the arena and the higher level of positioning and cooldown awareness needed to be successful. But that's all a matter of time, eventually I'd get used to it, right?

Well, at the moment it seems like the amount of time needed is ridiculous, simply because I can't find anybody to queue with. Thus far, my experience with trying to find people on global has been somewhat along the lines of this...

1) Spam global for 30 minutes
    2) Find a DPS
    3) Spam for ~15 more minutes
    4) Receive a whisper from a healer asking for your experience, reply honestly that you've only been 2.2k in 2s, get ignored
    5) Spam for ~30 more minutes (with a high chance of the other DPS leaving, meaning that you need to find another one)
    Wash, rinse and repeat...

Is 3v3 a dead bracket? What's the best way to adapt to 3v3? Should I lie about my exp?

I'm honestly on the verge of just giving up, please tell me what to do if you know how I could start out...

2. I'll start this off by immediately stating that I understand how classes work individually and in 2v2, because that's the bracket I've been q'ing on through wotlk and most of cata.

For the past week now I've been q'ing 2s on Frostwolf, and have come to the realization that it's even more of a braindead bracket in mop than it was in cata, with very few cookie-cutter comps that are worth playing, if you care about winning. Maybe this isn't the case, but that's how it seems to me at the moment, not even taking into account all the insta-grievous geared people (double lelstorms lel).

Either way, I decided that since I've always been hearing that 3s is the bracket that's most balanced and fun to play, it might finally be the time to give it a try, since I can no longer enjoy the 2s that I've been rotting in for a long time now.

Unfortunately, the transition isn't as simple, which I already partially knew, with the whole aspect of 2 more players being in the arena and the higher level of positioning and cooldown awareness needed to be successful. But that's all a matter of time, eventually I'd get used to it, right?

Well, at the moment it seems like the amount of time needed is ridiculous, simply because I can't find anybody to queue with. Thus far, my experience with trying to find people on global has been somewhat along the lines of this...

1) Spam global for 30 minutes
    2) Find a DPS
    3) Spam for ~15 more minutes
    4) Receive a whisper from a healer asking for your experience, reply honestly that you've only been 2.2k in 2s, get ignored
    5) Spam for ~30 more minutes (with a high chance of the other DPS leaving, meaning that you need to find another one)
    Wash, rinse and repeat...

Is 3v3 a dead bracket? What's the best way to adapt to 3v3? Should I lie about my exp?

I'm honestly on the verge of just giving up, please tell me what to do if you know how I could start out...
    Join a pvp guild and make friends. Mop removed teams, so we can now whore around and play 3s with whoever is on. As such pvp guilds or knowing a lot of people will make it easy to find people to queue with.

Good luck!!

3. have you tried using a guild? its much easier finding a team that way, or atleast for me.
    btw, are you playing on Frostwolf (alliance)? if so, gimme a char name and i will whisp you when im online for a few matches, if your urge to get stomped by full grievous is really that huge.

4. Which guilds are worth joining? (Horde)

5. Which guilds are worth joining? (Horde)
    Go ally, get good, join dogs.

6. Which guilds are worth joining? (Horde)
    Go ally, get good, join dogs.

That's what I need a guild for....

7. That's what I need a guild for....
    Most pvper's are ally. Mostly anyone 2.2k + is ally, because of racials.

8. Sargeras 3s ques are instant.
    Really??

On Frostwolf you either wait in a queue for a long time, or you go against 1 or 2 teams for a few games until one of you stops queuing if they keep loosing.

Or ive just been queuing in the wrong times.

9. Sargeras 3s ques are instant.
    this must be sarcastic.. I play on FW 3s queue are dead most of the time or opponent gave up after 2-3 loss. I also have an alt on sarg where I play with my main team (were kinda naked) and even with 0 gear it take forever to get a queue on sarg. but i saw some people with 2.1K already so i guess its just that we queue at a bad time.

10. There are few people over 2k in 3s on Frostwolf as well, but bracket is pretty dead - like it always was on molten servers unfortunately, and even on AT too before merger happened.

@Cubihax doesn't matter what guild as long as it is fairly active and it has a good amount of players who are at least decent.In order to be good in 3s you simply got to que a lot of games and try to learn from them.Be aware of everyone's positioning, your role, learn when to CC and how to peel etc etc.No one can teach you this until you get some games behind you.Do at least 100 games and then come back here and ask some more questions.

11. this must be sarcastic.. I play on FW 3s queue are dead most of the time or opponent gave up after 2-3 loss. I also have an alt on sarg where I play with my main team (were kinda naked) and even with 0 gear it take forever to get a queue on sarg. but i saw some people with 2.1K already so i guess its just that we queue at a bad time.
    Not being sarcastic at all, try que'ing 3s at peak times.

12. Not being sarcastic at all, try que'ing 3s at peak times.
    I see you make the pub (not always true elsewhere) to sargeras everywhere, the devs have used you for repopulated the realm or what? :D

13. There are few people over 2k in 3s on Frostwolf as well, but bracket is pretty dead - like it always was on molten servers unfortunately, and even on AT too before merger happened.

@Cubihax doesn't matter what guild as long as it is fairly active and it has a good amount of players who are at least decent.In order to be good in 3s you simply got to que a lot of games and try to learn from them.Be aware of everyone's positioning, your role, learn when to CC and how to peel etc etc.No one can teach you this until you get some games behind you.Do at least 100 games and then come back here and ask some more questions.

I agree...the more you queue the more you learn how to position yourself and when to go in and CC...sometimes it's not always ideal to run in and get yourself in position where you LOS the healer and you might need to pop some defensive cds