1. Brewmaster arena viability?

Been playing WOTLK for way too long. Decided to make the jump to MOP. Im a big pvper, dont care too much for pve. I wanted to know if Brewmaster monk is viable in Arenas? If so, which is the best 2v2 partner for it. If not, how come? Also, beyond brewmaster, is monk viable? Thanks

-Rocktobot

2. I currently play a fully geared WW Monk, and am halfway done obtaining my MW gear.

To answer your first question, unfortunately no, a Brewmaster is not 2 vs 2 viable. As a matter of fact...I don't think I've ever even seen one. It would be like someone playing a Prot Warrior, which you never see either. They are hard to kill, but their DPS is very low. Any team would just focus your partner until dead, then they'd 2 vs 1 you.

That being said, if you want to play a healer, MW is considered to be a top PvP choice. I actually see more MW healers than any other class, so to answer your 2nd question, yes, a monk is certainly viable.

WW Monks are "iffy". They are the undisputed 1 vs 1 kings, I can kill any person on the entire server in a 1 vs 1 with my WW Monk. In 2 vs 2s though, there are better alternatives. I have a fully geared WW Monk, and a fully geared Hunter. My Monk can beat my Hunter in a 1 vs 1, however I prefer to use my Hunter in 2 vs 2s. WW Monks do strong DPS, but not until I have 10 brew stacks, which takes time to accumulate. My Hunter can come out guns blazing right out of the gate, and often drop people in the opening salvos. With my WW Monk, if the other team is pure DPS they usually ignore me and burst my partner down before I build up enough stacks to be a huge threat, then it turns into a 2 vs 1. If we are facing a DPS/Healer combo, it's usually a stalemate until time expires and healing is reduced. In both cases if my partner can survive the opening salvo though, or the enemy team is stupid enough to focus me first, we usually win.

In summary:
    MW Monk, absolutely.
    WW Monk, maybe.
    BM Monk, nope.
    *strictly 2 vs 2 talk*

Edit: I was purely talking about 2 vs 2's in the above. My WW Monk is a blast in BG's, as I have a ton of mobility and am hard to bring down. I have seen BM Monks in BG's as well, with 5 people focusing them for a minute straight in order to bring them down. This is great in areas like Arathi Basin, where you can solo attack a flag, and tie up several members of the other faction while the rest of your team is elsewhere fighting lower numbers because of it. So all Monks are viable in BG's, BM and WW just not as ideal in a 2 vs 2.
    Edited: April 9, 2015