1. That also was a BG that lasted less than half the time (12 min vs 25 min).

My characters don't magically do more damage individually because I'm multiboxing. I've been playing elemental shaman and frost DK (and multiboxing) for around 5 years now, I just know how to output as much damage as the characters are capable of.
    Your logic assumes the following:
    1.) That given the same amount of time, all four of you would amass 4 million damage respectively, being able to coordinate cooldown usage and management while also being put into the same situations simultaneously with one healer topping all four of you off.

2.) That since you're able to do something with four frost dks (where debuffs are the same therefore affecting the frost damage of all four toons), that others can do it too. Logical reasoning would suggest that all four of you are not attacking the same targets at once with synchronized cooldown usage, making zero sense whatsoever.

3.) That since one class can not do the same probable damage output by multiboxing, it's safe to assume that it's only possible by chance. Keep in mind that not all classes have abilities that enhance their damage output in the forms of applicable debuffs (trauma for warriors, for example, or diseases for Death Knights.) therefore the damage you may be able to do with one class will obviously differ from the damage you can do with another.

All while some points of yours make sense, they still fail to fortify the concept of "challenge" that multiboxing is supposed to bring to the realm. You're not competing in any tournaments, and you can't expect to viably climb arena ladders multiboxing anything (even if you tried to multibox a healer/dps, the amount of trouble you would go through synchronizing healing spells with simple buffs and freedoms would take ages, on top of you having to learn how to fake-cast without concentration, which i highly doubt you can do.)

As I stated before, I'm not against the play-style, and I in no way wish for it to be illegal; just moderated on the use of a realm where it can put the control of every encounter in the hands of the multiboxer.

2. Playing demo warlock you can't expect to viably climb the arena ladder yet it isn't prohibited nor regulated.

I think the point of mboxing bringing challenge is in the sense that where you usually wouldn't find a group of coordinated chars in a BG, against a mboxer you do.

But the argument remains - mboxers can't do anything that a non-mboxers can't do. While without mboxing you hardly would find a group of people being so synchronized (though 5 frost DKs training 1 target, doesnt matter how synchronized, would result on the target dying in seconds), with mboxing it's very hard to manage your CC.

Originally Posted by Ajax
    I'm pretty sure "a group of the same amount of individual players" can't top a battleground with 4 million damage and 16-25 killing streak per character (That's 16 million damage in one BG if you count it being just from that player.).
    Have you ever faced a premade? Or played one?

3. AJ please.

You can't be serious.

4. The only reason it is allowed on retail is because said multiboxer would have to pay $15/month per account for the amount of characters they'd want to multibox.
    Yes Molten should really make Multibox Blizzlike.
    It should cost 75 Coins per Month for 5 Chars.
    min 250Coins per Month for 15 Chars and so on.

Or 1 Time 500 Coins for 5 Chars Multibox, 1800 Coins for 15 Chars.

So Molten would see much more Money and Multibox would be Blizzlike and not just like get a stolen copy Version a Multiboxing tool and start Box 20 Chars.

5. All while some points of yours make sense, they still fail to fortify the concept of "challenge" that multiboxing is supposed to bring to the realm. You're not competing in any tournaments, and you can't expect to viably climb arena ladders multiboxing anything (even if you tried to multibox a healer/dps, the amount of trouble you would go through synchronizing healing spells with simple buffs and freedoms would take ages, on top of you having to learn how to fake-cast without concentration, which i highly doubt you can do.)
    The alliance is on average dominating the horde on Warsong because of the crippling faction imbalance, and I come in there giving you a f****** hard time in BGs. There's your challenge.

I don't exactly know what you're trying to say with the rest of your post, but if you're referring to frost vulnerability debuffs, just no. They only increase the damage of the DK who owns them, and if they didn't just do that, it still wouldn't have anything to do with multiboxing, it would just be a bug.

And if you're still trying to argue why the screenshot of 4 different people each playing a frost had less damage per toon than multiboxing screenshot, well you should understand that you can only do damage when there's stuff to attack, the same way you can only heal something when it's taking damage. Of course I end up doing alot of total damage when I'm against 3 healers, and the alliance had none in that one gilneas BG I put up as example.

6. I don't exactly know what you're trying to say with the rest of your post, but if you're referring to frost vulnerability debuffs, just no. They only increase the damage of the DK who owns them, and if they didn't just do that, it still wouldn't have anything to do with multiboxing, it would just be a bug.
    Works for all players, however the debuff does not stack and is a base %. Doesn't matter how many Frost DKs are there only 1 debuff counts on the target.

7. The alliance is on average dominating the horde on Warsong because of the crippling faction imbalance, and I come in there giving you a f****** hard time in BGs. There's your challenge.

I don't exactly know what you're trying to say with the rest of your post, but if you're referring to frost vulnerability debuffs, just no. They only increase the damage of the DK who owns them, and if they didn't just do that, it still wouldn't have anything to do with multiboxing, it would just be a bug.

And if you're still trying to argue why the screenshot of 4 different people each playing a frost had less damage per toon than multiboxing screenshot, well you should understand that you can only do damage when there's stuff to attack, the same way you can only heal something when it's taking damage. Of course I end up doing alot of total damage when I'm against 3 healers, and the alliance had none in that one gilneas BG I put up as example.
    Hehe. Came up against you last night on my S10 mage... Nearly dropped your lead & slaves with no healer.

Wait till i'm geared, You may need to step it up to 9 slaves :)

<3 Luciah

8. Hehe. Came up against you last night on my S10 mage... Nearly dropped your lead & slaves with no healer.

Wait till i'm geared, You may need to step it up to 9 slaves :)

<3 Luciah
    Always depend what situation you catch me in and what cooldowns I'm willing to expend to deal with it. I usually never will blow offensive cooldowns to kill a single individual (minus exceptions like a blood DK/etc trying to delay a base I absolutely need to defend before a timer), and if you caught me with a mage at a time where I didn't have AMS and managed to setup some sort of combustion before I killed you, then yeah, it probably did a sizable portion of my health in damage. Bonus points if it was because I was busy killing other people.

Take in consideration that every character has lichborne which will have that character reset to full health, each with their individual 2 min cooldown, ghouls to sacrifice, and dark succor 20% health death strikes from whatever killing blows I get. Getting one of them to low health is often still far from a kill. Also, any killing blow you may get is almost irrelevant if you don't wipe the whole team, as I have 4 instant cast combat rezzes and 4 army knives to reset myself. So even if you did get a character or two to low health, I might've just been trying to save lichborne because I wasn't quite dying even without it. That or I'd already used it someplace else.

And seriously, more toons is worthless, especially against unshared AoE damage like a fire mage's combustion spread. I've literally 3v10'd a guy doing 10 frost DKs while playing a holy priest by healing 2 cataclysmic fire mages. Double combustion is some scary ****. Also nevermind that 10 toons would never properly fit in a BG :P.

9. The alliance is on average dominating the horde on Warsong because of the crippling faction imbalance, and I come in there giving you a f****** hard time in BGs. There's your challenge.
    Not really a challenge, just sounds like a justification for multiboxing.

"I play on the losing side, therefore we need all the help we can get."

No one's arguing on screenshots. Just common sense. Four different people with different play styles will never coordinate to a point where they can all top a BG with no problem. Unless they're just a geared premade or playing against newbies, it's highly unlikely.

Have you ever faced a premade? Or played one?
    Who hasn't?

Even then, most premades don't go over 4 Million unless they're just honor/kill farming. (And if they're not stuck in starter gear.)

AJ please.

You can't be serious.
    And he finally awakens.

Wouldn't expect you to understand, Daniel, your outlook on everything isn't really... Nevermind.

So Molten would see much more Money and Multibox would be Blizzlike and not just like get a stolen copy Version a Multiboxing tool and start Box 20 Chars.
    The sarcasm is amusing.

If you looked at it without a simple-minded point of view, the only "regulation" Blizzard has is the priciness of multiboxing, which would scare most retail players away from doing it (not all, just the few who do not wish to spend more than $15 on a gamee that already costs around $70 to buy.)

On a private server, everything is free. Therefore, making 5-10 accounts and downloading a 3rd party program like ISBoxer is somewhat easy.

Just calling it "blizz-like" simply because Blizzard does it is somewhat ignorant to the fact that it's been regulated by it's price-range.
    Edited: April 5, 2015

10. Crying for regulations on multiboxing is almost as dumb as complaining about premades.

You can easily counter any multiboxing by making a premade. Personally I've never in my life, neither here or on retail, lost because of a multiboxer when I've been doing premades.

11. Crying for regulations on multiboxing is almost as dumb as complaining about premades.
    You can easily counter any multiboxing by making a premade. Personally I've never in my life, neither here or on retail, lost because of a multiboxer when I've been doing premades.
    The argument that a good premade can pull off a multiboxer's synergy is absolute bogus, because not even the most potent Premades can attack single targets with such a minuscule delay as to render a healer or Assisting DPS completely useless and with no time to react.

The concept is more simple than you're trying to argue. Like all of retail's debated imbalances, Multi-boxing was only permitted because of how rarely you would be on the receiving side of a multiboxer's absolute synchronization.
    this comes from deterrents that retail had. Between the accumulating monthly fees and the need to level up characters, multiboxing was only possible to those with serious free money and time.

On top of the population controlling deterrants, There was the Massive Dilution of retail's player base. Running into a multiboxer was considered a rare event, even something to be in awe of, and at times did cause some excitement when one was spotted, because it was like getting a legendary loot. On Warsong, the ratio of boxer:player is incredibly higher than on retail. With the horde being the insta-queue faction, a majority of players run into multiboxers in a daily basis when playing battlegrounds, and it's well beyond annoying. On a realm with low population and missing updates expected by a lot of the parent servers' players, the tolerance towards another irritant is very thin.

TL;DR: Overwhelming majority of Warsong Players want a Fair Competition where inter-player coordination and accumulative player skill wins battlegrounds.

Spoiler: Show

Edited: April 6, 2015

12. Crying for regulations on multiboxing is almost as dumb as complaining about premades.
    Too bad they're far from the same thing.

A premade is a group of individual players who don't share a brain or body so are pretty much unpredictable as to how they operate in BGs.

A multiboxer is a group of one person with just multiple copies of himself. Sharing mind, body, and account credentials.

To even try and compare the two to make a point is belligerently ignorant.

Plot twist; All my encounters with them have been in premades. We win the BGs but that doesn't change how annoying it is having to solo one person with 5 characters because he finds it a fun way to play. that's like me having you fight someone without any protective gearing whatsoever but they have padding and sparring gear because they don't know how to fight without it.

Sure, you can go and get some protective gearing yourself, but then you'd be a part of the problem.

That is, if you get my concept.

13. Yes Molten should really make Multibox Blizzlike.
    It should cost 75 Coins per Month for 5 Chars.
    min 250Coins per Month for 15 Chars and so on.

Or 1 Time 500 Coins for 5 Chars Multibox, 1800 Coins for 15 Chars.

Did you actually just go there with that? Try reading your post next time before you hit reply because I see alot of problems for every server if they even attempt to do this. Besides they can not charge a monthly fee to play on the server or they could possibly get into a ton of trouble.

14. Did you actually just go there with that? Try reading your post next time before you hit reply because I see alot of problems for every server if they even attempt to do this. Besides they can not charge a monthly fee to play on the server or they could possibly get into a ton of trouble.
    Forultiboxers, I don't see an issue. Do you know of a better way to prevent multiboxing?

5 Coins For one account to have multiboxing rights for a month.
    Edited: April 6, 2015

15. Too bad they're far from the same thing.

A premade is a group of individual players who don't share a brain or body so are pretty much unpredictable as to how they operate in BGs.

A multiboxer is a group of one person with just multiple copies of himself. Sharing mind, body, and account credentials.

To even try and compare the two to make a point is belligerently ignorant.
    You're trying to argue that multiboxing is broken because their actions are entirely predictable, whereas a premade can act independently and react to different situations and not take up half of their BG's team to do something? Are you serious? Do you realize how absolutely ridiculous that sounds?

Even then, most premades don't go over 4 Million unless they're just honor/kill farming. (And if they're not stuck in starter gear.)

And he finally awakens.

Wouldn't expect you to understand, Daniel, your outlook on everything isn't really... Nevermind.
    If you're not over 4mil in a BG, you're either doing it wrong, playing a healer, or stomp it so quickly that you legitimately did not have time to do that much damage. There is NO difference between the damage potential of a multiboxer and a normal player. If ANYTHING, a normal player's damage potential is higher because he doesn't have four clones attacking the same targets. Also, multiboxing isn't necessarily the most effective method of doing damage, their reactions are quite delayed to say the least. That's a bull**** excuse and you know it. Also, yes, my outlook isn't nearly as flawed as yours is about things like this. Multiboxing gains you literally no advantage, if anything it's a handicap compared to a group of five individual players each controlling their own character.

If you all think that Multiboxing gains you some advantage over the other side, you're stupid.

First 123 Last