1. 45% pvp power is not 45% more dmg.

and yes im sure.
    45% PvP power = 45% more damage before resilience and other mitigation.
    You may think that you're sure, but you are wrong.

2. 45% pvp power is not 45% more dmg.

and yes im sure.
    45% PvP power = 45% more damage before resilience and other mitigation.
    OK guys you know some1 can be right and wrong at same time ?

lets say I'd do 100k dps with no pvp power.
    So with 45% pvp Power i'd do 145k dps... which is a 45% increase.

But if I'd go and take 45% away from 145k, I'd get 79,75k.
    Similarly, if he'd lose 45K dps from 145k... it's a 31% dps loss.

So in that it's just a point of view from what the 45% is valued from :P

--------------------------------------------------

But in anycase I'm sure he meant you'd be getting pve stats in return, so by no means could the loss be equal to pvp power value.

3. PvP vs PvE Gear

The item level limits change with each season, but their purpose is to limit the item level of PVE gear to be equal to or lower than the item level of the current season's PVP gear. These two factors together generally ensure that the current season's PVP gear is always the best gear for instanced PVP. However the item level limits do not function in the open world, so in world PVP a player in the latest heroic raiding gear will likely (and unfortunately) have a large gear advantage.
    PvP power

The most common misconception that most players seem to have about PVP Power is that it acts as a kind of "Resilience Penetration" which counteracts the target's damage reduction 1 for 1, that is simply not true.
    PVP Power increases your damage by the percentage shown in your stat panel, it always increases it by that same amount regardless of how much damage reduction the target has. Your outgoing damage is calculated first, then the target's damage reduction mitigates that damage according to their stats.
    ...the outgoing damage is boosted up by PVP Power, then the total incoming damage is mitigated down by Resilience.
    Source: PvP Stats Explained

4. OK guys you know some1 can be right and wrong at same time ?

lets say I'd do 100k dps with no pvp power.
    So with 45% pvp Power i'd do 145k dps... which is a 45% increase.

But if I'd go and take 45% away from 145k, I'd get 79,75k.
    Similarly, if he'd lose 45K dps from 145k... it's a 31% dps loss.

So in that it's just a point of view from what the 45% is valued from :P

--------------------------------------------------

But in anycase I'm sure he meant you'd be getting pve stats in return, so by no means could the loss be equal to pvp power value.
    There is only one correct way PvP power was/is calculated in MoP: a percentage increase based on a base of 100%. Therefore, for 45% pvp power, it would mean that a hit of 100k would deal 145k before resilience and other mitigation.
    Blizzard explained how it works and that's how. No discussion necessary. It also works outside of instances, contrary to what some players seem to believe.

In case he actually means what you suggest in your last sentence, I'd tend to agree, though. PvE items usually have a higher item lvl and, therefore, provide more stats. This will obviously offset some of the advantage of PvP power.

But by no means are PvE items superior to dealing damage in world PvP. There is a reason why PvE players cried in MoP, when they got their *** kicked by PvP geared chars in world pvp, despite having BiS PvE gear.

5. As far i know certain high ilvl pve trinkets are scaled down in arena so it might be true that these pve trinkets are better for world pvp than pvp trinkets.
    Nevertheless i doubt that a full pve geared player does better than a full pvp geared player in wpvp.

6. 45% PvP power = 45% more damage before resilience and other mitigation.
    45% PvP Power = 33,35% more damage. (For spells, melee hits are even less)

7. Warrior are still not comparable to warlocks this is another case lol

8. But by no means are PvE items superior to dealing damage in world PvP. There is a reason why PvE players cried in MoP, when they got their *** kicked by PvP geared chars in world pvp, despite having BiS PvE gear.
    No they cried because they are bad at PvP.

Having been a PvP player with 575 PvE gear (SOO HC), I would only need to change out one of my trinkets for my Medalion (Smeld > Human racial) and I'd throw on my Prideful weapon...

In world pvp it's PvE > PvP. The QQ on Timeless Isle was real, people farming Bloody Coins in full SOO gear.

Nothing like being hit for 800k by Chaos Bolt while on my way to Ordos by a full BIS PvE Warlock. RIP me.

9. The QQ on Timeless Isle was real, people farming Bloody Coins in full SOO gear.

Nothing like being hit for 800k by Chaos Bolt while on my way to Ordos by a full BIS PvE Warlock. RIP me.
    Oh god, I remember the struggle in the Timeless Isle. As an elemental shaman I constantly watched my back and remained near cliffs to thunderstorm anyone (especially sneaky rogues) off.

But yeah, PvE > PvP.

10. This happened in less than 3 seconds.

SERIOUSLY THO

When i saw the thread , i thought it was serious one...
    when i saw the picture /facepalm

btw use timestamp to report someone ...:P

11. When i saw the thread , i thought it was serious one...
    when i saw the picture /facepalm

btw use timestamp to report someone ...:P
    This post isn't about reporting you, I'm just trying to understand how this happened. You outgeared and outskilled me for sure, but I want to investigate if this is normal or something doesn't work as it is intented. So far the only thing I've concluded from the comments is that Blizzard employees were drunk when they created MoP.

12. This post isn't about reporting you, I'm just trying to understand how this happened. You outgeared and outskilled me for sure, but I want to investigate if this is normal or something doesn't work as it is intented. So far the only thing I've concluded from the comments is that Blizzard employees were drunk when they created MoP.
    chaos bolt isnt even doing high dmg as it should be lol, now qq more

13. PvP vs PvE Gear

The item level limits change with each season, but their purpose is to limit the item level of PVE gear to be equal to or lower than the item level of the current season's PVP gear. These two factors together generally ensure that the current season's PVP gear is always the best gear for instanced PVP. However the item level limits do not function in the open world, so in world PVP a player in the latest heroic raiding gear will likely (and unfortunately) have a large gear advantage.
    Dude, we're limited to 522 ilvl, as I said earlier, take 2 pieces, one PvE and one PvP and compare and you'll see that PvP is superior in each way.
    Of course PvE will have bigger iLvl in endame, but we're not there yet, and won't be for a while.

If you really don't understand current gear and mechanics don't write nonsense here. PvE gear will never be better than PvP gear when it comes to same ilevel simply because PvP gear has more stats.

14. 45% PvP Power = 33,35% more damage. (For spells, melee hits are even less)
    I don't know where you get that calculation from, to be honest. Anyone with even a basic understanding of percentage calculatoin will shake his head.
    Because even if you factor in dodge, miss, etc, which will decrease damage per second (if you want to calculate dps and not damage per hit) that will not change a percentage increase, since those were already a factor diminishing dps even before PvP power was factored in. So a 45% increase will still be true based on a lower base dps.

15. I don't know where you get that calculation from, to be honest. Anyone with even a basic understanding of percentage calculatoin will shake his head.
    And I'm shaking my head at you... I already explained to you how it's not 45% loss after already having it as included in your dmg. Yes the Value of dps is same ( if all other stats stay same), but the % differs from what you use as the base value.

First 12345 Last