1. Shildbash Pummel what to use??

Hello guys,

Im kinda disorientated atm..
    Since warrs have two kick options shildbash and pummel i dunno what to use. I saw alot warrs using pummel over shildbash while shildbash seems to be the better option theoretical.. No rage drop no stancedance, good to fake with shilddispel ****. So i read that putting it on the mousewheels is better to kick fast and now im thinking about binding both (MW up/alt for shildbash and focus, down for pummel/focus).
    I used to say that i wont play pal/war at all just look at the ladder seems to me that every rnd can play this to top and shinta is playing with his feets/toots that its actually a challenge for him. I hate that comp lel ^^

So maybe u Guys can help me :)

Bye :p

2. Use a macro that uses either Pummel or Bash depending on what stance you are on.

3. So basicly..

#showtooltip
    /Cast [stance:1,equipped:Twohand] Zerkstance
    /Cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shild] Shildbash
    /Equipslot 16 [stance:2,equipped:Twohand] 1h wep
    /Equipslot 17 [stance:2,equipped:Twohand] shild
    /cast [stance:3] Pummel

??

4. So basicly..

#showtooltip
    /Cast [stance:1,equipped:Twohand] Zerkstance
    /Cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shild] Shildbash
    /Equipslot 16 [stance:2,equipped:Twohand] 1h wep
    /Equipslot 17 [stance:2,equipped:Twohand] shild
    /cast [stance:3] Pummel

??
    So basicly...

if IsLeftAltKeyDown() then
    if cd == 0 then
    if nameFocus then
    local castFocus = endTimeFocus/1000 - GetTime()
    if castFocus < 0.4 then
    SpellStopCasting()
    RunMacroText("
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /equip [stance: 1/2] Wrathful Gladiator's Handaxe
    /equip [stance: 1/2] Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast [stance: 1/2, @arena1] Shield Bash; Shield Bash
    /cast [stance: 3, @arena1] Pummel; Pummel
    ")
    end
    end
    end
    end

5. #showtooltip [nostance:3] Shield Bash; pummel
    /cancelaura bladestorm
    /equip [nostance:3] Furious Gladiator's Slicer
    /equip [nostance:3] Furious Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast [nostance:3] Shield Bash; [stance:3] pummel

6. i cant remember exactly which i used as it's been some years since i played wotlk but it's something like..

/stopcasting
    /cancelaura bladestorm
    /cancelaura hand of protection
    /cast [@arena1,equipped:shields,nostance:3] shield bash;[@arena1,noequipped:shields,nostance:3] berserker stance;[@arena1] pummel

it'll cancel the 2 spells that prevent u from interrupting
    stops casting of slam n such
    shield bash if u have shields equipped, berserk stance if u dont, and pummel if ur in berserk stance

make 2 other versions of same macro for arena2 and arena3 [dont need arena3 if u dont 3v3, and u "can" survive off @focus, and plain instead of arena1 and arena2 if u prefer]

u dont need an equipslot section in ur macro, although, as i cannot recall at all, it may have been faster to swap weps and use shield bash in battle stance. it makes sense that this would be faster than swapping to berserking stance for pummel. but i havent played in many years so i cant say for certain that i didn't mess up the macro or forget which way is more effective if not in berserking stance and not currently wielding a shield.

7. So basicly...

if IsLeftAltKeyDown() then
    if cd == 0 then
    if nameFocus then
    local castFocus = endTimeFocus/1000 - GetTime()
    if castFocus < 0.4 then
    SpellStopCasting()
    RunMacroText("
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /equip [stance: 1/2] Wrathful Gladiator's Handaxe
    /equip [stance: 1/2] Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast [stance: 1/2, @arena1] Shield Bash; Shield Bash
    /cast [stance: 3, @arena1] Pummel; Pummel
    ")
    end
    end
    end
    end
    Pasting your scripts to forums is quite bold.

8. if you have your 2h weapon equipped pummel is better because its faster and swapping weapon resets your swing timer
    the most reliable way to do it is to always stance dance in a way that you will already be in berserker stance almost every time you will need to pummel;

#showtooltip pummel
    /cancelaura bladestorm
    /cancelaura hand of protection (personal preference)
    /cancelaura first aid
    /startattack
    /cast [stance:1/2, noequipped:shield] berserker stance
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] pummel;pummel
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] shield bash;shield bash

id personally highly recommend staying away from the "/cast [@arena1,2,3] spell" macros as its not worth the amount of extra hotkeys it will add you if you truly wanna make those your way of playing
    instead, simply get used to "/target arena1,2,3" and "/focus arena1,2,3", and use focus macros;

/cancelaura bladestorm
    /cancelaura first aid
    /cast [stance:1/2, noequipped:shields] berserker stance
    /cast [@focus] pummel
    /cast [@focus] shield bash

and this 3rd one is useful if theres a succubus or gargoyle right in front of you;

/cancelaura bladestorm
    /cancelaura first aid
    /targetenemy
    /cast [stance:1/2, noequipped:shields] berserker stance
    /cast pummel
    /cast shield bash
    /targetlasttarget
    Edited: July 7, 2015

9. What the hell are those wall of text?

#showtooltip Shield Bash
    /cast [stance:3] Pummel; [stance:1/2,equipped:shield] Shield Bash
    /stopmacro [stance:3]
    /equipslot 16 Wrathful Gladiator's Handaxe
    /equipslot 17 Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall

With this macro you will cast Shield Bash if you are in the defensive/battle stance and Pummel if you are in berserker stance. Add the "target=focus" line inside the [ ] if you want to create the focus version.
    Edited: June 19, 2015

10. feel free to ask about w/e you dont understand panof!

11. Shield Bash means incurring a GCD on your other abilities and resetting your swing timer.

Pummel means rage loss due to having to change stances.

It's all up to you. If you got high rage and damage from autoattacks is not your immediate concern but using rage is, then Shield Bash is a better option. If you're under 20-25 rage and you need to keep up the pressure and generate rage (even in Berserker Stance), then Pummel is better.

12. if you have your 2h weapon equipped pummel is always better, eventho you can obvsly use shield slam, swapping weapon to shield bash makes you lose too much time and damage, another detail is how much of a disaster it is if you get juked on a weapswap+bash attempt which totally stops the momentum of your rotation regardless of how much rage you have on
    also, if you stance dance properly pummel ends up making you lose less rage than swapping weapon to shield bash

and for example even in situations where you have your 2h weapon equipped and literally 100 rage, letting the cast go to instead use the rage for extra damage will more often than not do more work than lockin it, and if its a matter of life and death to get that cast then the faster lock option is gonna be the best one, meaning pummel

basically, you should never let yourself get in a situation where you have your 2h weapon equipped, 100 rage, need to lock a cast but arent in berserker stance, in such situation from looking at your opponents positioning you shouldve known you wouldve need to lock a cast and be in the pummel stance beforehand
    stance dancing between white swings and overpower procs while lowering your rage before each dance is the key to reliably make use of pummel

again, if you have your 2h weapon equipped, the most important points are that pummel is faster, and if you stance dance properly, reduces your damage output and rage income less than a weapon swap into shield bash

if pummel is faster and(if you stance dance properly) never affects your dps rotation as much as a weapswap+bash, theres no point in not classifying pummel as the better option
    Edited: June 20, 2015

13. Forgot to mention some other details regarding the two abilities:

Shield Bash also dazes the target and interrupts for 6 sec.

Pummel interrupts for just 4 seconds, but it can be used while disarmed.

All in all, the two abilities are very distinct and complicated on their own, which made Blizzard to ultimately delete Shield Bash and standartize Pummel.