1. Damned if you do, damned if you don't - a Hunter and ToC

[=redacted.=]
    Edited: November 5, 2016 Reason: I have a stalking problem and need to purge my online presence.

2. I'm hoping you just got confused between TOC raid and TOC dungeon, because you're currently pointing out higher gs is a better choice..

* http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4723/trial-of-the-champion is a 5man dungeon. Also known as TOC5
    * http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4722/trial-of-the-crusader is a Raid. Also kown as TOC10 / TOC25
    * http://www.wowhead.com/item=47558/re...rand-protector drops from TOC25HC, so by no means is 5.5k a too high requirement. Drops 258ilvl items, which would be around 5.5k gearscore if each item was at that ilvl.
    * The raid has bugs, most common problems would be Valks + Anub last phase.
    * TOC5 dungeon has bugs too, most common would be with the priestess. RDF does not give bonus from TOC5HC and yes it takes long.

3. ^what he said

And first of all - you're doing it wrong. Getting over 5K GS is the easiest thing ever, you can buy normal T9 pieces (to replace that awful PvP gear) with Emblems of Triumph that drop not only from ToC, but also from FoS/PoS and RDF HC, please don't say that you can't find a PoS farm group or make your own... WTF, dude :D
    Also buy ilvl 245 head, shoulders, ring and trinket from the EoT vendor in Dala, yes they are a bit crappy, but at this point it doesn't matter.

ToC 10/25n PuGs are common and in order to join them you can simply use the UnderAchiever addon to fake your achievement and then lie about your GS, because most of the time people don't care. Same thing goes for VoA 10/25 and OS weekly quest runs, just make sure that there's enogh geared ppl to carry the whole group, you don't wanna end up with 24 other noobs :P

The AH is helpful too. If you have a crappy melee weapon - buy the Battered Hilt (3K g only) and do the questline, it rewards a decent ivl 251 weap.
    Start farming gold and buy the BoE ivl 264 boots from AH, they are good. I'd say get Wodin's and BoE legs too, but the price is stupid, sometimes reaching 100K.

social anxiety
    You don't have to talk on raid call/team speak/mumble, you know? Over 4 years of raiding with multiple guilds and I don't even have a microphone XD social anxiety is no excuse, brate.
    You won't achieve much without a guild and you won't be able to fully enjoy the PvE part, thst's the truth.

4. Yeah it sounds like you don't really know where a lot of this gear is coming from. You can buy four pieces of 232 tier, a 245 offpiece, 245 trinket, 245 ring just off Triumph badges. At your current gear level you can already do ToC10N easily (at a much lower gear level, in fact) as well as do FoS/PoS H. You don't go directly from "I still need upgrades out of 5-mans" to "full clear ToC25H".

5. [=redacted.=]
    Edited: November 5, 2016 Reason: I have a stalking problem and need to purge my online presence.

6. I think the appropriate metaphor for this is "stuck between a rock and a hard place".

7. You clearly don't understand how social anxiety works. It goes beyond voice chat. The concept of being forced to interact with these people on a regular basis even through text is literally terrifying to someone like me.
    Oh, you're just trolling, OK.

On the off-chance that you're serious - maybe if reading other people's text makes you have a panic attack you shouldn't be playing an MMORPG. How can you even read these forum posts? Oh, actually, if you're serious. having a heart attack when you read other people's text neatly explains why you don't know what you're doing.

8. Are they secretly stalkers? Are they *******s? You don't know. You only know what they are willing to "tell" you.
    This is not "social anxiety", maybe you should see a psychiatrist...

9. Its not necessarily needed to join a guild. You can try to make some friend in the game. They can always help you to start 1 / 2 raid together.

If you are playing in Ragnaros, you can pm me and i will try to see what i can do. Because i do know everybody has to start somewhere.

10. ^ Good guy.
    No, I don't know where half the gear comes from. Because no one is willing to be more specific/communicative about gear, and I don't have the time to trawl through a hundred Forum posts looking up terms and guides written in a special kind of broken English/poor grammar/ALL THESE GODDAMNED ACRONYMS WOULD IT KILL YOU TO SPELL SOMETHING OUT?
    The very first step of gearing up consists of the following;
    >Questing rewards
    >Reputation rewards
    >Crafted items through professions
    >Any "Bind on Equip" items that are of decent item level that you may get your hands on
    >Vote points and/or coins to purchase items through the marketplace

Assuming you don't donate for full BIS, it's likely the 2nd step of your gearing up process will be;
    >Do what raids you can manage to get into (Obsidian Sanctum aka OS10 or 25, Naxxramas aka Naxx, Trial of the Crusader 10 aka ToC10)
    >Do RDF (random dungeon finder) heroics for possible drops and emblems
    >Do the quests to gain access to Forge of Souls (FoS) and Pit of Saron (PoS), and farm them for item drops and emblems
    >Use the emblems you gain to purchase items from various emblem vendors in Dalaran or at the Argent Tournament

Step 3 of the gearing process is summed up fairly easily: Trial of the Crusader raiding, from 10-normal to 25-heroic, and Vault of Archavon 10/25
    Once you get enough gear, you can then progress to Step 4, which is farming ICC 10, from which point you progress upward into 10-heroic and 25-normal, and perhaps eventually 25-heroic.

Hopefully you find this helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask here or send me a private message to grab my attention.

I definitely understand that people expecting you to get everything from guides is kinda unreasonable, and it takes away a good portion of the social aspect of the game that really is the part of the game that keeps people playing. Without it, many of us wouldn't still be playing it. Yet, many people will tell you to use Google instead of actually trying to offer guidance as someone who is actually knowledgeable about the game. Being guided by a person specifically is not the same as a guide, and in many ways, is far better than. This isn't to say that not everyone learns best by just reading. I'm happy to help where I can. Just let me know if there's something I can do.

11. Are they secretly stalkers? Are they *******s? You don't know. You only know what they are willing to "tell" you.
    Do u avoid buying in supermarkets because someone could have randomly poisoned the stuff there? u dont go voting because u could vote someone who is longing for dictatorship, suppression of people and world dominance?

Why do u make up assumptions (very unlikely too) about people, just as excuse to avoid testing those, even tho u can test without any risk or personal involvement due to the privacy and anonymity a role-play game via internet provides?
    Consider the worst case: the guild u join is full of *******s and stalker... dont u think u will realize this after the first few words u read in guild chat?
    ...That someone is an ******* is mostly depended on your perspective and the inception of what they 'tell' you. 1 click later u have left the guild and ur free to join another. So what?
    I believe your alleged 'social anxiety' stems from the past rejection towards you and that is caused ( besides from random trolling and general unprovoked aggressive behoviour) by your tendency for Irrationality and emotion-dominated attitude (example: u let your social life get dominated by your irrational anxieties). People are more drawn to others who they believe can think straight, people with a healthy mind. You really should try to get someone help you out of this vicious circle of rejection and self-imposed exclusion or i promise u that this will get worse.
    Edited: April 30, 2015 Reason: fancy word added