1. Please Hunters, lets talk about more useful things.

In the last weeks (or months), all people talk about in this forum is about pets. Rare pets, normal pets, spawn timers, spawn points etc.

No problem with that, is important for some people.

But where are the real talk about hunter? No one is talking about the last fixes on hunter and other classes and how it has changed the gameplay. No one is sharing experiences or new ideas about PvE or PvP.

If someone say something useful on the forum, in 20 mins this thread sinks to the bottom of the forum below 20 threads of "Whats that pets spawn timer?" or "Omg dat pet is bugged?" and "Omg post pretty pets pics".

So here is my call, Hunters lets talk about PvP and PvE. Lets talk about macros. Lets talk about bugs. Lets talk about new ways to counter a class. Please lets stop to care so much about pets. So when you find the pet you love so much you can fight for it and win, and people no longer can call us Huntards.

2. Any useful macros for BM hunter? :D

3. If someone say something useful on the forum, in 20 mins this thread sinks to the bottom of the forum below 20 threads of "Whats that pets spawn timer?" or "Omg dat pet is bugged?" and "Omg post pretty pets pics".
    Thats the worst about this pet fever on forum right now.

Any useful macros for BM hunter? :D
    Hey bud.

Cata
    MoP
    Edited: April 14, 2015

4. Oh ok.
    Pet fevers are everywhere and they will always be there. Even if there are guides that WORK , ppl don't know how to follow them or follow them wrong xd
    That's why there are milion threads about this.

5. I tried with Survival appreciation thread but it sank faster than Titanic. Probably cause someone let loose the pet army that spawned like 20 pet threads.

The hunter talks are dead and will stay dead because 99% of people are BM and pets are all there is to BM.

But more on topic suggestions for discussions:

1) hunters being worst flaggers ever to step into BGs atm (there's no ways to escape anyone other than abusing Deterrence).
    I used to do fairly nicely in wrath, ok in Cata, and now on MoP I just don't want to go for flag because if we don't have 3 healers that can keep me up I can't go far. And many times good flaggers don't go for flag because mid-pvp is funfunfun so I go grab it, and I die. Not to mention peels on flaggers are usually non-existant with pugs.
    2) huge problem with warrs killing us in a single bladestorm (not exaggerating, happens more and more often as they get their grubby handss on grievous weapons)
    3) we get terrible glyphs that mostly don't affect our damage (That sweet arcane shot glyph would surely come handy with Thrill of the Hunt talent)
    4) last tier talents are underwhelming (big CDs, low damage, general 'meh' effect).
    5) we need those elks to be tameable. Or at least druids.

6. Oh ok.
    Pet fevers are everywhere and they will always be there. Even if there are guides that WORK , ppl don't know how to follow them or follow them wrong xd
    That's why there are milion threads about this.
    Actually this pet fever is recent. Some time ago there was not many threads about pets like there is now. And finding rare pets is not rocket science, i actually belive that people get too excited about rare pets and they cant control theirselves and post too much thinking that it will help somehow.

The hunter talks are dead and will stay dead because 99% of people are BM and pets are all there is to BM.

But more on topic suggestions for discussions:

1) hunters being worst flaggers ever to step into BGs atm (there's no ways to escape anyone other than abusing Deterrence).
    I used to do fairly nicely in wrath, ok in Cata, and now on MoP I just don't want to go for flag because if we don't have 3 healers that can keep me up I can't go far. And many times good flaggers don't go for flag because mid-pvp is funfunfun so I go grab it, and I die. Not to mention peels on flaggers are usually non-existant with pugs.
    On Mop BM is majority, but on Cata and Wotlk MM is very decent too, and survival reigns for PvE on cata. So is not about BM being most played on all realms, is about the BM players being more active on the forum, unfortunally only the ones who give us bad fame.

About number 1, hunter being flag carriers. Hunter is a suport class, not the tank, and Flagger supose to be a tank (or the runner) because he will be the target. Hunter is about using Masters call on the flagger, or Roar of Sacrifice and Spirit mend and scort him until he cap.

7. All stands what you said, but my post was aimed toward MoP, since this pet blight is all MoP doing. On Cata, specs were pretty ok divided, but on MoP all you see are rare pets biting and gnawing and hunters standing at the back pretending to be useful and mashing that arcane shot button.
    I brought up hunter flag carrying because it was decent in wotlk and cata, with ways to survive, and on MoP it is dead. Compared to rogues that are immune to snares and can perma sprint it's really ridicoulus. Flag carrying used to be viable with every class and spec, but in MoP differences are heaven and earth. I do my big share of doing the peeling, and most of the time I can hold off 2-3 raging alliances hungry for blood, but sometimes there's just no person that will go grab flag and/or situation needs when I have to grab it and carry.

8. The hunter talks are dead and will stay dead because 99% of people are BM and pets are all there is to BM.
    The problem Is not that BM haves nothing more than pets. Is that the active people right now on the forum only cares for that, like leleaw said.

Not trying to get into that discussion again but you can play any class or spec in a low skill level, and on a high skill level. In some classes you will be more "successful" in the low level than in others, thats true. But donsent mean you cant go higher in all of them.

In cata and wotlk BM is not so OP like it is on MoP. So i really hope that molten make it more balanced so all those one clickers as you say are forced to go to a higher skill level, and maybe this pet fever be gone.

9. Actually, try thinking about the past, when last year 7 spirit beasts weren't scripted, a few normal rares hunter pets were not scripted, etc. the hunter forums were no much pet talks, it was a kinda active like the other class sub-forums, but ever since Warmane (Molten) scripted them, the pet search and talk had begun and since Headshottz made the first topic of (Cata: Fixed Spirit Beasts) http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-Spirit-Beasts most hunters became kinda obcessed with that topic, sharing their diaries about pets, just tamed this and that, etc. and now a flood of pet talks started to increase each month.

And btw, since Warmane had scripted alot of pets people have been doubting and asking so many questions and wondering about their timers.

Imo only this class forum is more active than the other class forums so i see this hunter forum normal like any other, just that there are additional things that a hunter can do besides pvping and pveing which is called Camping.

10. Imo only this class forum is more active than the other class forums so i see this hunter forum normal like any other, just that there are additional things that a hunter can do besides pvping and pveing which is called Camping.
    The problem is not the pet talk, is the flood of useless topics and bumps about it. This kind of activity is not good for the hunter forum because is supressing useful threads that sink to the botton of the forum very fast below a lot of trash. If people could at least stick to the threads made for pets would be enough.

I really wish that bm was not so op on cata and mop, maybe all this love for pets would fade if huntets had to use more brains to play.

11. The problem is not the pet talk, is the flood of useless topics and bumps about it. This kind of activity is not good for the hunter forum because is supressing useful threads that sink to the botton of the forum very fast below a lot of trash. If people could at least stick to the threads made for pets would be enough.

I really wish that bm was not so op on cata and mop, maybe all this love for pets would fade if huntets had to use more brains to play.
    Oh well.

Btw BM hunters are nerfed now in MOP. The pet now does low damage aka normal pet damage.

12. Guess they can only talk bout pets lel, nice thread btw

Here is some stuff I've noticed so far,

Hit and expertise rating: your tooltip says 3%, would be ok if it is retail but here it seems buged, so Im going with 5% on both and sitll not happy cause I get some misses and dodges and I really shouldnt be getting those, anyway I think 5% is ok cause goin to 7% is not easy and Im not sure it would make you hit 100%

Glaive Toss: seems fixed, both glaives do damage, the ability does slow 3 sec, and it hits multiple targets, but it doesnt do damage every time (20% of the time there is no dmg) and that dmg seems a bit low.

Stampede: Not working at all.

A Murder of Crows: Not working properly

So to summ this up, 2 out of 3 lvl 90 hunter talents are NOT working, only thing you have left is powershot which is fun and cool for battlegrounds but not really fun and cool for arenas. So we are basically missing 2 of our very good spells when we go PvPing, A Murder of Crow/Glaive Toss + Stampede.

Master's Call: Sometimes doesnt clear root, and if pet is out of LoS it will not work at all and it will use your cooldown.

Deterance: Warriors can Storm Bolt you through it which is a bug, the big issue with it is that you can't use some abilities. You should be able to use non-attack spells while in deterrence, like healthstone, summon pet, dismiss pet, master's call, feign death etc... abilities that are not attacks. This is a huge setback for hunters in pvp.

Boar's speed: Not working.

Entrapment: Do you remember that? snake trap doesnt really trigger it.

Probably forgot something but its all that comes to my mind now.
    Edited: April 15, 2015

13. Deterance: You should be able to use non-attack spells while in deterrence, like healthstone, summon pet, dismiss pet, master's call, feign death etc... abilities that are not attacks. This is a huge setback for hunters in pvp.
    Thats something i really want to know. I tried to find retail infos long time ago but i coudnt. If you can try to find too some proof that in retail you can dismiss pet in deterrence please, it would be huge for us.

Also we can add to that list Kill Command not applying Hunters Mark and its not working like a ranged ability like chimera shot. It should be casted under a 25 yards area, but right now works like in cata only in melee range. Thats huge too. http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/387

14. I would not talk about this. But even after my post they keep doin it. The pet fever is actually being carried by 4 forum members that keep bumping and posting useless stuff, while good posts get sinked down to the botton.

Forum was a better before this guys (or girls) showed up, they are active for like 1 month or a bit more, hope they be gone soon.

15. I would not talk about this. But even after my post they keep doin it. The pet fever is actually being carried by 4 forum members that keep bumping and posting useless stuff, while good posts get sinked down to the botton.

Forum was a better before this guys (or girls) showed up, they are active for like 1 month or a bit more, hope they be gone soon.
    and your gonna complain about 2 threads posting useless info when it was meant for posting in that thead. lol just make a good thread talking about none-related pet talks and maybe people that are interested in ur thread can be bumped with useful infos etc.

It's not our fault that we're posting "recently-tamed-this" in 1 -2 threads. It is interesting for those who are interested. Everyone has different tastes, let them be!

123 Last