1. thx for Rufus to point this out. i started few weeks ago a similiar thread to this one but it sadly got deleted :(
    make sargeras a higher rated realm and start to promote warmane on some top100 sites, bcoz i see a decrease of ppl on every realm not just sargeras.
    since we have a community manager its the right point for him to show up :)

2. Well, Sargeras has low population, indeed and something should be done about it. But merging both realms Frostwolf and Sargeras together will cause overpopulation which will lead to insane long queues, lag, crashes. But current situation on Sargeras is not better.

Warmane keeps releasing new PVE content when majority of the community is PVP based (I don't want to say that PVE is bad just it gets too much attention imo). And PVP on Sargeras is dry. At 2.2k+ rating sitting for 20min in 2v2 queue or getting same three teams over and over again. Not to mention 3v3 arenas. It is nearly impossible to pass through 2.2k rating because of lack of playing teams.

And to suggest a solution to this issue is really hard. As Rufus mentioned about giving some kind of reward for a person who transfers from Frostwolf to Sargeras (aka bribing with coins) is not an option. And Merging realms is a tricky question. I think warmane staff member should answer to it, because as I said earlier it may cause instability of the realm and long queues.

My suggestions to solve this issue would be attracting people with fixed MoP PvP and PvE content and class fixes, Events (unfortunately last 3v3 event went bad), maybe locking character creation on Frostwolf and force people join Sargeras (dunno about that, it may even be worse), atleast free transfers from Frostwolf to Sargeras.

In summary I would like to say that Sargeras population is decreasing and it will be like this till warmane catches up with class fixes and new PvP content (grinding same 3 bgs for 6 months is not an option) when MoP expansion will be 80-90% working maybe then things going to change. As for now things on Sargeras are sad.

Best regards,
    Starpior
    Horde - Sargeras

3. Its sad when its being like this on a server, I can only say, the devs nows that Sargeras lose people every day. the devs knows people going to other servers, maby retail and dont comes here to molten more, last forever, devs know that Molten don´t have the best reputation, many bugs on servers here, devs knows about this Topic, its have been open for more then a day, so if i can say it, they dont care what you think, they do what they think are best, personally i think they are haveing wod server as Prio 1, but if it so, then they handle the problem very wrong, an privat server aren´t what the devs want it to, its what the players want, without the players, devs doing bugs and other stuff after their jobbs like all other small privat servers, and i know that devs have other stuff to do, but checking the forum must be an prio, its where the players can write whats good and bad on the server. In my opinion, i must say he from At makes strange statements , that liking server with low people on it for trying stuff on it, i thought thats called PTR server???? But AT was an lacking people server so he is use to that, but people dont like playing on servers with low population, so my opinion, would be, merge the both Mop server, there arent enough people for 2 servers, and do Sargeras to an PTR server wich the devs can try out stuff on. But that is only my opinion, i know all don´t agree with me on it!!!

4. Greetings dear staff members. I would like to thank you for all the great work you've done in the few troubling months behind us, you have made the players stay and not lose faith in you and the effort you are putting into this server.

On the other hand, Rufus has the point. Sargeras and Warmane in general is loosing people daily (maybe even by the hour). I know how hard is to script and fix the code, I am not judging your work, but I just want to acknowledge that we lack some content improvement and population raise.

As the ones before me suggested, players who would transfer from Frostwolf to Sargeras should get some benefits like free race/name change (as far as I know many people would like to change their race just for the sake of trying something new) and I would have nothing against it, I would embrace it with my arms wide open.

If you could look into this matter and prioritize it a bit more I am sure that the community would be highly grateful.

Keep up the good work and we expect to hear from you as soon as possible. Regards,

Gilthans < and The Stealthed Rogues > of Sargeras.

5. Hello everyone,
    I want to welcome and encourage staff members to express their feelings about this topic especially as it would give us all some answers we need.
    Hello,
    First, Rufus, I would like to thank you for expressing your concerns. Secondly, to everyone else in this thread who has also expressed their views in a meaningful way. It's good to hear the concerns of the community, especially when presented constructively about real issues. I'll admit that I have been getting rather annoyed in recent times by people who complain about nothing - complaining just to complain. Getting down to a real issue of concern here is a breath of fresh air, and I personally greatly appreciate the effort and the gesture. I'm sure that the remainder of the staff thinks similarly on this.

Moving on to the issue of Sargeras' population, we know that the population is depleting. We're quite aware of the situation. We have watched and seen concerns about this amongst the community on the forum as well as in-game. How we're going to handle that at the moment, I don't know exactly, but I do know that we are going to do something about it. I do imagine that there is the possibility of realm rates increase, like was suggested earlier in this thread.

We're concerned about the situation as well, and we are reading what people have to say about the matter; this thread included. So please, let us know about the situation, what you think of it, what you think can be done to resolve it, and so on and so forth.

6. Its sad when its being like this on a server, I can only say, the devs nows that Sargeras lose people every day. the devs knows people going to other servers, maby retail and dont comes here to molten more, last forever, devs know that Molten don´t have the best reputation, many bugs on servers here, devs knows about this Topic, its have been open for more then a day, so if i can say it, they dont care what you think, they do what they think are best, personally i think they are haveing wod server as Prio 1, but if it so, then they handle the problem very wrong, an privat server aren´t what the devs want it to, its what the players want, without the players, devs doing bugs and other stuff after their jobbs like all other small privat servers, and i know that devs have other stuff to do, but checking the forum must be an prio, its where the players can write whats good and bad on the server. In my opinion, i must say he from At makes strange statements , that liking server with low people on it for trying stuff on it, i thought thats called PTR server???? But AT was an lacking people server so he is use to that, but people dont like playing on servers with low population, so my opinion, would be, merge the both Mop server, there arent enough people for 2 servers, and do Sargeras to an PTR server wich the devs can try out stuff on. But that is only my opinion, i know all don´t agree with me on it!!!
    Right yeah, (Warmane) Molten has a bad rep....it's not like...it's one of the biggest private servers out there or anything....u kno....it's not like very active u kno...
    Now serious, I really do think that warmane knows what it does. It's been marked as one of the best WoW servers back when Cataclysm was 4.0.3 then it had some bad luck with going to 4.3. Maintaining a server for years takes time, lots of time and I'm not sure if you've been informed on it but all that time got taken away in a matter of seconds not that long ago. So just give them time before you bash Molten to the ground alright? Also, as said before by devs, the two MoP realms can NOT be merged togheter for the simple reason that theyr'e too populated for Warmane to run them as one. Further a PTR isn't the only server-type stuff gets tested on. You have to test fixes & stuff you add to make sure they work and (since I play sargeras kinda sad..) this is a little less interupting on the lower (not dead, not low and not dying) population of Sargeras.

7. i think they are haveing wod server as Prio 1,
    Just so you guys know WoD has among the lowest priority. The Staff said that they didnt concern themselves much with the WoD and was actually collaborating with another PServer for it. It is basically for the lols.

8. Hello,
    First, Rufus, I would like to thank you for expressing your concerns. Secondly, to everyone else in this thread who has also expressed their views in a meaningful way. It's good to hear the concerns of the community, especially when presented constructively about real issues. I'll admit that I have been getting rather annoyed in recent times by people who complain about nothing - complaining just to complain. Getting down to a real issue of concern here is a breath of fresh air, and I personally greatly appreciate the effort and the gesture. I'm sure that the remainder of the staff thinks similarly on this.

Moving on to the issue of Sargeras' population, we know that the population is depleting. We're quite aware of the situation. We have watched and seen concerns about this amongst the community on the forum as well as in-game. How we're going to handle that at the moment, I don't know exactly, but I do know that we are going to do something about it. I do imagine that there is the possibility of realm rates increase, like was suggested earlier in this thread.

We're concerned about the situation as well, and we are reading what people have to say about the matter; this thread included. So please, let us know about the situation, what you think of it, what you think can be done to resolve it, and so on and so forth.
    1. Disable possibility to create accounts on frostwolf for a week which will cause people to (maybe) play on sarageras to see the results.
    -Announce that on main page, so people may find information about that and why.
    -Also to ad.1 give 50 (or any other number) vote points OR heirloom pack to every NEW account created after 19th of April (or later).
    2. To even population on SARGERAS, disable possibility to create alliance toons - just horde. For a week to see the results.
    3. FREE FREE transfers from FROSTWOLF > SARGERAS with only option to join - Horde. See #2 why. Alliance toons will be given an option to only create horde, with free name change if already taken and race. Monitoring till its as close as possible to 50/50 then disable just horde option.
    4. Changing experience RATE of Sargeras to x10/15(items drop/gold x1, since exp is high) and Frostwolf stays x7 or lower it to x5/3, while x5 is the best option.
    5. Start event series on Sargeras to welcome new players or old ones. Help them with leveling (may encourage some guilds to help with that).
    6. Invite some famous YT's to make a toon on Sargeras and stream leveling/pvp - reputation will rise high to sky... Just trolling with that.
    7. Make an banner on main page with Sargeras theme (promotion).
    8. Delete Sargeras.
    9. and most important - GIVE US CLB finally!!!. This will revive PVP AND PVE and there will be NO NEED for any of these above. Just move most of devs to work on it and finish it already. Is this already 2 or 3 years in develop ?
    With this function MOLTEN WOULD BE #1 private server and this would make more people join molten and stay here for longer. That would be even better than critical fixes right now (to have clb). CLB is just profit = more players, more donations, maybe more devs.

Just a few made really fast. Tho, probably nothing will happen. People are tied to Frostwolf anyway.
    Edited: April 19, 2015

9. My idea is to increase slots for frostwolf to 6000-7000, and instead paying a specific machine for sargeras upgrade the one for frostwolf to a greater ram, hdd, and enable free merging from sargeras to there, and + it would be much easier for you to develop only for 1 server, and not worrying about the problems that might happend on the other realm...

10. My idea is to increase slots for frostwolf to 6000-7000, and instead paying a specific machine for sargeras upgrade the one for frostwolf to a greater ram, hdd, and enable free merging from sargeras to there, and + it would be much easier for you to develop only for 1 server, and not worrying about the problems that might happend on the other realm...
    They develop core not the server. And the core is the same on both ,so it doesnt matter.
    6000-7000 with better machine will still causes lags/lag spikes/crashes/rollbacks and things. Even on blizz there is around 10k(+) playing + they have connected realms/zones, and much more funds to maintain servers. And we don't want one realm with 4.5k cap and 2k queue like it used to be. This is what 'll force people to leave.

11. Could Warmane connect realms with each other ?

12. Could Warmane connect realms with each other ?
    At this moment the functionality to do this is not developed or stress tested enough to be put to use in a Live environment. We are working on it daily, though.

13. I agree about Sargeras having issues right now, especially on the horde side, any solution must balance horde/alliance ratio or it will be for nothing. This thread and other conversations have given good ideas and bad ideas about what should be done. The best thing about this thread is it suggests incentives to bring people over which is great. The best ideas suggested summarized:
    1.) INCENTIVE BASED TRANSFERS:
    - Transfers should be free from all realms with incentives: Perhaps for each max level char transferred you get a level 90 with 5k gold and same starter gear we got at server reboot. HORDE ONLY UNTIL BALANCE RESTORED.
    2.) UNIQUE CONTENT ONLY ON SARGERAS UNTIL BALANCE RESTORED:
    - All old dungeons opened, no need for scripting, just opened and server crash free.
    - Mop scenarios and dungeons opened are on Sargeras for 3 months before move to other MoP zone.
    3.) Close new chars (from new accts) on the other MoP zone, and closed on Sargeras Alliance side until balance of each is restored.
    4.) Change Sargeras from 7x to 10x. This is a slight change, just enough to attract new players, NEVER CHANGE RATES DOWNWARD on existing realms.
    - Front page and new account pages need to be clear of the realm rate differences so ppl know about it so they can choose it.
    5.) The alternative to the above 4 ideas would be to merge with the other MoP server. That would be easiest, but of course server load on the other server may be an issue plus the horde/alliance balance may only slightly get better, not solving the big problem. This solution should only be considered if the load is not a problem even if all old dungeons are opened.

I cannot emphasize enough that all efforts made to fix server will fail if the horde/alliance ratio is not restored. Server will die if all the horde quit, no matter how many alliance players you attract.

14. They cant open just on sargeras scenarios and dungs (mop ones) for 3 months before FW has it. Not going to happen. + scenarios arent scripted and who knows when. Soon.

15. lets be honest the hijack on molten killed half of MOP population.there use to be 4k players online on both servers before.i wish molten had handle better the situation.people have lost soooo mnay stuff and molten just refund some coins that was more then pathetic.my 4 years old acc got 1000 vp and 60 coins refunded.and i lose over 30 fully geared chars all over molten server with tons of unique items,mounts, toys,echievs and so on.how can people possible start over from 0 again?my guild EoE was one of most active on FW with mnay players online and now is completely dead.its so sad.

about sargeras well they can just fuse MOP realms into 1.
    Edited: April 19, 2015

First 123412 ... Last