1. U can divide this problem on 2 parts.

First about new players.
    When new player comes and wanna chose relm, first what he look is rate of relms. He see that both have same rate he will chose the one with more ppl. U can solve this by changing rates. From cata expirience relm with high rates was more popular. (Sargeras high > Frostwolf low > Neltharion medium it was something like that)
    If u do that question what u should ask ur self (or Frostwolf players) how many of Frostwolf players would wanted transfer to Sargeras (high rates). For free or not. ( Maybe u can make poll with question "Would u like to transfer to higer rate relm if ur relm gets lower rates?" (something like that XD ). )

Second part is about current players, to make them stop leaving (pausing, playing other expansion, playing retail....) MoP relms.
    Part of players got bored becuse after 6 month of live relm + 3-4 of PTR we are on 3/11(13) BGs (soon 5) and with many class bugs (priority urgent) still not fixed. U cant do much about that except speed up with fixes if u can.

Maybe only changing rates and temporaly free transfer from Frostwolf to Sargers would balance thing out. Maybe.

2. whats up with uniting with other servers? I watched stream in march and Kaer said that but that project failed? Except unite with at ofc.

3. Thank you for the numerous replies, even though most of them are completely ridiculous anyway. Topic is getting spammed with empty whining already too much.

Soon after starting this thread I realized that population issues are mostly result of not advertising our server on external websites like these top 100 lists etc. I entered some of them and it would be really hard to find link to our server without ctrl + f. People are not voting right now and we have barely any new players from the outside. I think it's the first thing that should be resolved.
    I remember that we gave up on voting one by one website, because they were probably bribed or whatever and they were accused of vote rigging. Molten back then was in top 3 at all times, usually number 2 on all the lists. Is there any chance to bring voting back soon? I guess that some basic useful stuff in return would convince all our members to start voting again and revive our population a bit already.

In my opinion changing rates will not bring the desired results. In fact even free transfers might help one realm a little for a cost of the other one.
    Merging the realms will make que unbearable for non premium players, unless the cap could be increased to something like 5500.
    I don't think ideas suggesting disabling the possibility of creating characters or accounts anywhere require any comment.
    About the events, there is not much that can be done. Blessed tried to organize a 3v3 event not a long time ago and he couldnt make the brackets, because there were not enough people interested in it. This was kind of a break point, when we were certain, how bad things currently are.

Sapphire, despite no solution given your reply made me content already. Thank you. Many players had doubts, if this issue is being looked into and now I start to believe it will get better with some time.
    Does talking about server merger makes any sense? Is there any chance that would happen?

4. Does talking about server merger makes any sense? Is there any chance that would happen?
    Do you mean merging with other private servers like Molten did with AT? It's highly unlikely, but I imagine that given the opportunity, and it was right for us to do, then it would be considered. If you're speaking to the effect of merging realms together, we definitely would like to have a lesser number of realms with more population, but that can only be pushed further than what it already is when we manage to upgrade core optimization and back-end server capabilities. In fact, I know that Kaer and many others within the staff have goals of large, singular "mega-servers" where there could be as many as 8k online with no queues and perfect realm stability. It's a goal we strive for, but we're still a good way away from reaching it.

We're always watching over the community and the servers/realms. I can't comment on discussions the administration has had on plans for improving upon our situation (mainly because I wasn't involved in those discussions), but I do know that they are aware of the situation and watching the community's opinion and feedback on it.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to offer any other information at this time, since I just don't have any. If and when I obtain new information regarding this situation, I will definitely let everyone know. Until then, I'll have to be just as patient as everyone else.

5. Kaer did say they were working or tried working with other servers last month.

6. Aye, we have been working cooperatively with other servers. Nothing along the lines of any merge, however.

7. well its about time working with other private servers

as you probably know the top 3 cata server are
    molten
    and 1 russian and and one europe server
    these 2 are working together
    one is focusing on quests other is focusing on pve or pvp

they upgrade there servers soon while each one of them keeping his players

its a good call doing that otherwise we gona get passed soon

8. if you channge the rate of sargeras higher that might attract even more ppl, ppl might wanna join sargeras or transfer to sargeras, then as soon as it gets kinda full we close the transfer at a certain date so frostwolf dont get decreased.

Try making votes the most xp rate prefered either lower or higher or just the way it is. People chose frostwolf cuz a few ppl thinks the first realm Frostwolf listed is Stormstout and 2nd realm Sargeras is Hellscream and few ppl thinks it has more activity cuz of the population some thinks other. It's kinda the same as before the wipe.

Another thing let there be a cap of how many ppl can transfer, if sargeras gets too crowded the transfer from frostwolf to sargeras shall stop and switch to sargeras to frostwolf with a cost of coins ofc. Just to keep balance to all realms.

Idk come up with something like this xD

9. Guys , you see only the "Tree" and you can't see " the forest" ...
    Vote system keeps private servers alive.
    When i start wow in molten servers the 1st thing i did it was "Google search = wow private servers or top wow private servers etc"
    After this thread i check this http://www.xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft - Warmane at rank 37

People don't even check below top 5 because most of these servers are thrash. People that dont know molten or AT dont even know about warmane so they choose to play at high ranked servers.

10. Guys , you see only the "Tree" and you can't see " the forest" ...
    When i start wow in molten servers the 1st thing i did it was "Google search = wow private servers or top wow private servers etc"
    After this thread i check this http://www.xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft - Warmane at rank 37

People don't even check below top 5 because most of these servers are thrash. People that dont know molten or AT dont even know about warmane so they choose to play at high ranked servers.
    Agreed with this, i mean like i wouldn't choose warmane/molten years ago when i switched to p servers from retail IF it wasn't the top server,coz as spiros said usually one doesn't even bothers looking below top 5 ranks.

well its about time working with other private servers

as you probably know the top 3 cata server are
    molten
    and 1 russian and and one europe server
    these 2 are working together
    one is focusing on quests other is focusing on pve or pvp

they upgrade there servers soon while each one of them keeping his players

its a good call doing that otherwise we gona get passed soon
    As far as i know, isn't warmane already working with another private server's WOD team to hasten its development right, check this threat out.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ink-Spoiler-xD

OT :- Maybe alter rates on sargeras, you could increase em or decrease em, there are a lot of people who wanna play on lower rate realms and at same time a lot of people who wanna play at high rate ones.
    Edited: April 21, 2015

11. Guys , you see only the "Tree" and you can't see " the forest" ...

this will explain why there is not really good income on new players but that dont explain where did half of MOP population vanish.

12. Hello everyone,
    I want to welcome and encourage staff members to express their feelings about this topic especially as it would give us all some answers we need.

People are complaining about the state of MOP realms, bugs, raid or dungeons scripting progress. I could discuss this topic as well, but it's not even half as important as things I want to touch, so please avoid talking about this stuff please.

The real problem right now is Sargeras and it's decreasing population.
    There are few thousands players that are stuck on Sargeras and they don't know what to do. Server population is depleting every day. Players quit Sargeras to go to Frostwolf, retail or quit the game. It's nothing special on one hand, but the problem is that Sargeras is not getting any new players, because whoever is about to start playing MOP on Warmane, he is going to Frostwolf for obvious reasons - no ques, 2-3x more people online at any time.

Sargeras is a dying server and something must be done with it asap. My guild was a pretty solid one, established months ago on Hellscream and it lasted all the wipes and ****. Now we are shrinking every day because people just quit this realm and there is not much we can do.

The question is what is the plan to save Sargeras? After long time transfers from Frostwolf to Sargeras were enabled at cost of 25 vp. Tell me honestly now, who is so crazy to move to less populated realm, that is the same rate, same progress, same everything. It just has less than half of people online at any time.
    People would hesitate with transfering if you were giving them free coins for that.

In my opinion Sargeras will vanish sooner or later. My entire guild is already planning to move to Frostwolf, when prideful gear will be released so the gap between fresh players and old ones is not that huge. I'm pretty sure that many other players or even entire guilds will do exactly the same thing.

Now. We can either wait a month or two and see all this happening or something can be done to NOT LOSE COMMUNITY anymore.
    When Hermes took all our work from us, all our characters, guilds, achievements and everything we valued so much, Kaer said that our most precious thing is our community. I realized then, that he is right. Although right now we lose Sargeras people extremely fast and next month it will barely go up to 1k online at peak hours.

One of the ideas was here on forums several times already. Merge Sargeras and Frostwolf by giving Sargeras players possibility to move to Frostwolf for free. Frostwolf people should be happy with it by having even larger population. Sargeras players will be delighted to have some challenge there again. With such low population Sargeras has become boring and will not be playable soon.

I know you guys have been working on cross realms pvp (arenas and possibly battlegrounds), but it has been going for 2 years now? Do you have any idea when we can expect that idea to be implemented here? Server merge can be done tomorrow and will be fully successful idea, cross realm pvp might take you few more years and not work as intended. People will definitely quit by then.

If any tyrant moderator want to shut my mouth and delete this thread, give me some good reason, why we should not discuss the future of our realm. Or just give me an answer what's going to happen with Sargeras.

Looking forward to your replies guys,
    Regards
    I think you're right... but If we think about the reason why ppl leave sargeras we just pop back to the bugs, raids, pvp, classes etc... life on sargeras is boring and you cannot see the way where this all is going... no fixes no new implements, barely working dungeons and 3 freaking bg's only.... the 2/3 of the population is on Ally side it isn't balanced... I could say a lot of things but I don't want to be capt. obvious... I agree the only way to save the realm is merging with frostwolf...I don't understand why they need 2 realms for both expacts... it's useless... and about crossfaction bg's and arenas: that's pointless... while not the 100% of the population is pvp oriented that wouldn't save the realm maybe the pvp mongrells could que up faster and run more battlegrounds but what about the pve players? the achivers? etc... no old content no nothing... I hope I don't get another warningpoint to saying the truth but this must be said and I'm glad you opened this topic... Pls dear staff... do something about that! I came here with my guild form another server and I don't want to move on again...

13. Probably the main reason why half the Sargeras players never re-joined after the moltdown was that Sargeras was upgraded from Cata to MoP post meltdown. So as players logged in they couldn't log into Sargeras because they had Cata patch loaded on their computers so they just logged into the Cata realm. I agree, the easiest thing would be to merge the 2 MoP zones, but maybe an alternative would be to upgrade the other Cata zone to MoP and not offer a Cata. Those developers can move over to MoP to work on fixing the Cata content there. That might be better since the Cata expansion was the worst and then instead of 4 sets of developers each working on different projects we'd have only 3 sets with increased efforts on MoP.

14. As Rufus said:
    "There are few thousands players that are stuck on Sargeras and they don't know what to do. Server population is depleting every day. Players quit Sargeras to go to Frostwolf, retail or quit the game",I`m one of them -moved to retail.By the time I left(2 weeks ago) Sargeras,there were around 2,2k people,and now -barely 1,7k and keep droping (500 players for 2 weeks-oh my god ).
    ...Everything were ok in retail,was happy...until I hit lvl 100. Geared myself with blue pvp items(from bgs) for 2 days(8h in total) and then...can`t find arena partner for 2 nor 3s,and little by little I was beginning to get bored...And(and and and)then I decided to come back to Sargeras.Because I thought I still have friends playing...or so I considered.Most of them moved to frost(just to play PvE ) or quit.Really don`t know what to do now...QQ
    Something has to be done...has to be...
    P.S I`m sorry for my poor english,but it`s all i know... :)
    Regards,
    Gatts-top 1 noob warmane :S

15. I'm worried too about ppl leaving. I hear some saying on Horde side they plan to leave for few months to see if the ally/horde ratio and overall population is fixed before they return. What if too many ppl think that way.

First 1234513 ... Last