1. Spriest bugged on Nelt. or just that Spriest's DPS is meh in general?

So I have a Spriest which is decently geared (380, haven't got the chance to clear FL yet) and I noticed that no matter how hard I try, I can't pull a decent DPS that most raids require (>20k, I usually stay at 16~17k on dummies). Is it because lolmane's spriest is bugged as f*ck or just that Spriest's sucks?

2. Never trust the dummies, they are bugged as F, specially when it comes to DoTs

Spriests' DPS is totally fine as far as i've seen, PVE and PVP wise

3. There is a weird bug on dummies with spriests, sometimes you instantly drop combat then re enter it again due to your dot's ticking, so your recoun/skada will start a fresh.

4. Try to use Devo. Plague on Dummy and check for how much it ticks...

5. well my personal record without full BiS and heroic items at all, was 28k unbuffed on dummy and up to 40k-45k at raids. So shadow priest isnt "meh" at all, it's just about rotation, stats, items and on which target you test it.

6. Hi sWiz,i got problem.im pulling with my priest 400 ilvl on dummy only 22k.I've got T13 Healer set pieces, will and sigil of seven stars trinkets.ALso shoulders and boots are Hc. IDk what is the problem why my dps is so low :(

7. Hi sWiz,i got problem.im pulling with my priest 400 ilvl on dummy only 22k.I've got T13 Healer set pieces, will and sigil of seven stars trinkets.ALso shoulders and boots are Hc. IDk what is the problem why my dps is so low :(
    Heya, Reply here what rotation you doing on basic way and stat percent of haste, hit and mastery you have and some SS on dummy will be good too :)

I am not playing right now in cata, after wipe on characters, but will try to help you.

8. Hello sWiz, I also got a problem, I'm 386 shadow priest on dummy doing 17-19k.
    I used to play shadow priest before server wipe on 397 gear with 3pT13: was doing 27k on my normal rotation easily before with same rotation.
    I checked your guide and it's the same rotation i used to do(and still do) with my spriest(excluding the volcanic pot only, but i doubt volcanic pot is reason for 10k dps decrease).
    Here's my gear change since the server wipe:
    -Head:VP head (SoulGaze Cowl) , same as before wipe
    -Neck:Jp neck(Firemind Pendant) , before:Petrified Fungal Heart 397
    -Shoulders:Kyrstel Mantle 346(BRC) , before:Mantle of Dying Light 397(dps set)
    -Back:Rippling Flamewrath Cloak 378 (fl rep farm) , before:Nanoprecise Cape 397(VP)
    -chest:Robes of Glowing Stone 397, same as before
    -Bracers:Bracers of the Banished(DSnm) , same as before
    -Hands:Gloves of the Cleansing Flame 378(JP), before:Gloves of Dying Light 397(dps set)
    -Belt:Sash of Relentless Truths 397(Ds trash) , same as before
    -Legs:Legwraps of Dying Light 397(healer t13) , before:Leggings of Dying Light 307(dps set)
    -Boots:Courtier's Slippers 378(WoE trash) , before:Splinterfoot Sandals (VP)
    -finger1:Crystalling Brimstone Ring 378(JP), before:Seal of the Grand Architect 397(VP)
    -finger2:Ring of the Riven 397(Ds nm) , same as before
    -Trinket1:Bottled Wishes 397 (Vp) , same as before
    -Trinket2:Cunning of the Cruel 397(Ds nm),before:Cunning of the Cruel HC 410
    -Weapon:Lightning Rod 397 (Ds nm) , same as before
    -Wand:Trail of Embers 378(JP) , before:Finger of Zon'ozz 397(Ds nm)

I don't know whats wrong but I cannot do even similar dps like before. My gear was enchanted before(not now) :Felfire inscription,Lightweave Embodiery,50int,ebonsteel,haste,powertorrent and so on.
    I also have a question concerning haste: Before wipe i had haste capped at 31.25% haste, should I use that haste breakpoint or should I stack haste indefinetely in stat priority: int>spirit/hit>haste>mastery>crit?
    Before i used to do : intellect>spirit/hit>haste 31.25%>mastery>crit
    Should i stay at the above haste plateau or go Int>spirit/hit>haste(indefinetely)>mastery>crit? By indefinetely I mean to reforge everything that doesnt have haste into haste.
    I am blood elf priest (no 1% haste from goblin and no DIntent buff)
    Ty very much.

9. Hi Eucidia,i have the same problem with 401 ilvl gear pulling 22k dps.I think shadow priest's mastery got bugged and others things too.Need ppl to test this out.asap

10. I'm still not sure if it's a generic priest bug or just a dummy bug, because i do get dps over 22k in rdf's and raids. Considering that it's probably a raid buffs and dummies are **** bugged I would expect that it's probably the old bug with dummy where dummy was interacting incorrectly with ShadowPriest DoT's.

11. Hello Eucidia, try this build int>hit>haste(30%)>crit>mastery

Test to noone decrease/increase damage buff boss encounter and post results again here.

If Mastery have bug or something lack inside there, this is something new and need to be tested, I really can't do it right now, since I not playing cataclysm anymore, also right now I am on break from games, so I can't contact some of my friends inside to test. But you can make it for yourself.

Try build Critical over mastery and test damage on dots and then try pure Mastery build and try damage again on dots. If Mastery working you will notice big difference from both.

12. Will test this and post when i get done.

13. i Tested it,DPS is a bit higer.

14. Here's what I got:
    -http://postimg.org/image/hho2s5wzb/ This one is set on my normal gear which I use int>hit>haste 31.25%>mastery>crit
    -http://postimg.org/image/xqzeikx9x/ This one is set on recommended to me which is int>hit>haste 30%>crit>mastery

BE ADVISED- I have not tried Stacking CRIT on 31.25% or stacking MASTERY on 30%. I will do so when I have time.

15. Hello Eucidia, I noticed from both screenshots, Mastery working as usual. Try to get atleast normal version of Cunning of Cruels trinket, this may boost you little abit in DPS.

As for builds, stay balanced between Crit and Mastery. I awlays prefer and suggest to stay this, because help you in every specific fights. The test, which I given to you, it's about to see if there is an difference, andm ostly if Mastery working.

Mastery gives DoT's damage increase + Improved Devuring Plague + Cast spells + Mind Flay overall Shadow damage.
    Crit gives chance do double amount of damage caused by DoT's and Cast spells.

So at the end you can't ignore one and go over other, first suit second and at end raiding gear (Final BiS) you will notice this.
    Edited: April 26, 2015

12 Last