1. Devouring Plague 107k hit

Well, I have no clue what Shadow priests are capable of doing but as far as I know Devouring Plague is a DoT. DoTs aren't supposed to crit for 1/4 your hp.

Here's the evidence:
    http://3.ii.gl/Cr0esft6.png

Is it supposed to hit that much? or is it a glitch?
    Edited: April 21, 2015

2. It hits you for XX amount of damage and it leaves dot after it

Like Mortal strike + deep wound (sort of)

3. Thanks for pointing this out, but I still don't get it. If we assume it hits for 100k+ initial damage before it puts the DoT on you, does that mean Shadow priests could just infinitely spam it and one-shot people with an instant cast spell?
    Edited: April 21, 2015

4. Thanks for pointing this out, but I still don't get it. If we assume it hits for 100k+ initial damage before it puts the DoT on you, does that mean Shadow priests could just infinitely spam it and one-shot people with an instant cast spell?
    You need 3 shadow orbs to do that kind of damage, you need atleast 1 shadow orb to cast devouring plague and the only way to get shadow orbs is by casting mind blast.

5. well i ve done 100k dp's in bgs tho idk how is it possible in arena?, maybe with sham healer, mage, and the priest to have back enchant proc, griveous trinket castable and procable mayyyyybe its possible but its a huge maybe. Idk

6. It's normally to hit like this. I don't know the guy what kind of buffs use right here. But damage is real even more you can take, depends on pvp power and intellect stack here.

That's why Shadow priest is not good to hold it as long versus, once he stack 3 orbs and proc his cds can hurt, but the time till this is pretty unbalanced if I may said like this, so they or die early before doing this insane damage with Devouring Plague or cannot manage to pull 100% of it late.
    Edited: April 22, 2015