1. Arena Disc Priest Hit Rating/Spell Pen

Hi all,
    Sorry if this is a repeat topic, however I could not find a dead set post about these two stats: hit rating and spell penetration.
    Back in WOTLK retail as an arena disc priest we needed to be hit and pen capped which was 5+% hit and 135 spell pen.

Now in Warmane, I've heard a huge number of things regarding these stats, some mainly being:
    1) You only need 50 hit rating for hit cap in pvp
    2) You need 100 hit rating for hit cap in pvp
    3) Spell pen is broken, don't go for it

I'd just like an updated thread about what the current state of landing spells in pvp is, and how much it varies from retail.

Thanks!

2. AFAIK 1) Hit is working as it should (it must be 5%, you can go for less but you will miss fears), 2) Spellpen is working as it should (you must stack it to avoid resists when dispelling)

3. The spell hit cap is 4% as it was in retail. Draenei and Undead get an extra 2% chance for shadow spells to miss. Unsure how this works in PvP as I haven't tested it with shadow spells. Blood Elves also get a 2% chance for all spells to miss. Also untested (at least by me).

Spell penetration isn't working as intended on Molten.

http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/11926

Currently the damage reduction from spell resistances work but the chance to fully resist spells does not work.

This means that spell penetration is still useful but isn't as essential as it should be. I have seen my fear spell get resisted before but I'm not sure if that was a bug that has been fixed or not.

Personally I go for 130 spell penetration. I do not believe the extra 5 penetration makes any difference.

I use 4x Mysterious Dreadstones in my blue sockets, the +35 cape enchant and the wrathful wand. Gives a total of 130 exactly.
    Edited: April 30, 2015

4. spell hit cap wasn't 5% on retail nor is it 5% here, its 4%. hard cap to cap vs racials is 6%, but thats not worth bothering to go for, I would use caster ashen verdict ring and 60 hit wf cloak or neck to reach cap. as for spell penetration spells cant be fully resisted on Ragnaros and Deathwing, the reason why above guy has seen stuff resisted is most likely when facing something with a holy paladin that has procced sacred cleansing which gives 30%, atleast I have never noticed a spell being resisted vs anything without sacred cleansing for the past years I have played here.

5. Hit cap is indeed 4%, typo.

The ability to fully resist spells is not important. Resistances still provide the correct amount of damage reduction therefore spell penetration is worth taking. Whenever they decide to fix the full resistance it'll be even more so.

6. May 4, 2015  
    Awesome! Thanks for all the feedback guys, greatly appreciate it and the extra 60 haste i'm about to get ^^