1. ToC 10 - Normal

Hey guys. I'm going to start trying to progress trough Trial of the Crusader 10 man, one boxer, 10 toons. I know some things are a bit different from retail. Can any of you elaborate on what some of those differences might be?

Thanks,
    Colt

2. Before reading the big wall of text - I will likely upload a recording of ToC10 Normal & Heroic next time I do them (I am 5/5 Normal but only 3/5 Heroic). So keep an eye out in the coming weeks.

Fight 1: Beasts of Northrend

Gormok the Impaler - Working as intended. I stack my chars near the entrance and have my tank pick him up. He puts up a nasty debuff that deals a lot of damage. It's worth killing his adds before the next fight starts. Paladin tanks can use their bubble to remove the debuff (wait until after he dies to use it, otherwise he'll put the debuff up again and it lasts for a long time).

Acidmaw & Dreadscale - One of them gets stuck at the start of the fight and won't deal nor take any damage. Need to walk around a little to make him come out. They seem to be working properly other than that. Personally I stack all chars except the tank and move about as needed to avoid the AoE on the ground. Beware the paralytic toxin. You don't want your tank getting frozen before the next fight starts.

Icehowl - He works fine until his Massive Crash ability. Instead of charging at a random raid member he just sits around doing nothing for the rest of the fight. He takes damage but will not dish any out. Makes him a basic tank and spank really.

Fight 2: Lord Jaraxxus

His Nether Power buff that gives him extra magical damage doesn't seem to stack (I believe it did in retail). Still a nasty buff but you can dispel it. Fel Lightning and Fel Fireball both working correctly as far as I can see. Legion Flame doesn't seem to do any damage though. I don't think that Incinerate Flesh and Burning Inferno are working as my raid isn't taking any damage. Not sure if the damage reduction of the debuff works, never noticed. Nether Portal and Infernal Eruption are summoning adds properly but I don't know whether they actually harm nearby characters as they always spawn far from my raid.

I stack all my chars together including the tank in case any dps/healer takes aggro on an add. Easy fight since it's not working 100% yet. Fel Fireball does a lot of damage though so it's worth dispelling, especially on Heroic.

Fight 3: Faction Champions

Not all of the champions are working properly. Some of them will do a decent amount of damage and make use of their CC. Some don't seem to use any abilities at all and just stand there. The melee champions seem to be working so I just concentrate DPS on them and take aggro using my tank when possible to make healing easier.

Fight 4: Twin Val'kyr

These guys are a bit buggy. The light/dark debuffs don't seem to be working 100% but I'm not sure.
    On retail when one of the Twins cast Shield of Lights/Darkness, you'd have to DPS their shield down and then interrupt their spellcasting otherwise they would heal for 20% of their HP (or 50% in Heroic mode). This doesn't work on Molten. For whatever reason no interrupts seem to work on the heal spell even after the shield is down. The solution to this is to start DPS'ing the twin who does not have the shield. If you deal enough damage to the one without a shield, their healing spell will fail.

As with all the bosses here I stack my heals/dps and tank them slightly in front of the raid. Not the best solution since the raid will take a lot of AoE damage but it does simplify the fight. My Disc combined with all my Shadow Priests is enough to cover all the healing pretty easily on normal, but nowhere near enough for Heroic (25,000+ hps total and still not enough to keep the raid up).

It has been some time since I last did ToC and I'm struggling to remember their other abilities. Basically just watch out for the bubble and attack the one who doesn't have the bubble. Bring a decent healer or healers.

Fight 5: Anub'arak

Another buggy fight. The frost orbs don't seem to spawn and aren't needed anyway. The Nerubian Burrowers do spawn and put a nasty debuff on the tanks, increasing physical damage taken (25% per stack I think). Since I only use one tank I normally kill them as soon as possible.

During phase two he should be casting Impale and Pursuing Spikes. He isn't using Impale and Pursuing Spikes aren't working properly. For some reason they attack the same spot on the floor every run. Just avoid standing in it. The adds in phase two are also not working properly. They do spawn but do not put up the debuff they are meant to which would deal nature damage and stack. Just kill them down whilst you wait for the phase to finish.

Phase three he uses Leeching Swarm which does work properly. He basically steals 10% hp off everybody in the raid every second. The lower your HP is, the less he will heal. It's based on your current HP and not maximum HP. The recommended figure is to keep all raid members at roughly 50% hp. You can let them drop lower than that if you feel comfortable. He doesn't have any other abilities in phase three.

This is Kalvindeane / Kalvindeane01 btw. I logged into the wrong account it seems..
    Edited: April 29, 2015

3. Some notes on the above poster:

Northrend Beasts:

Gormok's adds are supposed to attach to a player and attack/interrupt their casts. This does not happen - instead they just have a normal aggro table and melee you.

Acidmaw will become attackable after the first submerge, when it comes out of the ground.

Jaraxxus:

Fel Fireball is not interruptible by normal means, although it should be.

Incinerate Flesh works correctly, but on 10N it does pitiful damage to the raid if you fail to heal it off, so it can be ignored.

Faction Champions:

They will inappropriately all fixate one player periodically, leading to instagibs. You are correct in that some of them seem like they fight normally and some barely do anything.

Twin Val'kyr:

I have no problem in 10N/25N just doing the Twins' Pact mechanic normally. DPS down the shield and a Counterspell from a Mage or Mind Freeze from DK (the two classes I've done it on) work just fine.

Your Disc Priest's output on Twins is being misreported. This is an error with how Skada in 3.3.5a handles absorption. It is grossly over-reporting your throughput as Disc by attributing stuff like full resists of the dark essence and damage to Twins Pact shields as absorption for the priest. This is an error that persisted on retail and was only solved with a major rework of the combat log in Cataclysm to properly report abosrbs.

Anub'arak:

He does continue casting Penetrating Cold in the final phase, necessitating extra heals on the targets of that ability. Also, the leeching swarm can kill you, whereas in retail it would always round down and you would only die from Penetrating Cold or damage from the adds/Anub.

4. Acidmaw will become attackable after the first submerge, when it comes out of the ground.

I have no problem in 10N/25N just doing the Twins' Pact mechanic normally. DPS down the shield and a Counterspell from a Mage or Mind Freeze from DK (the two classes I've done it on) work just fine.

Your Disc Priest's output on Twins is being misreported. This is an error with how Skada in 3.3.5a handles absorption. It is grossly over-reporting your throughput as Disc by attributing stuff like full resists of the dark essence and damage to Twins Pact shields as absorption for the priest. This is an error that persisted on retail and was only solved with a major rework of the combat log in Cataclysm to properly report abosrbs.

Anub'arak:

He does continue casting Penetrating Cold in the final phase, necessitating extra heals on the targets of that ability. Also, the leeching swarm can kill you, whereas in retail it would always round down and you would only die from Penetrating Cold or damage from the adds/Anub.
    Acidmaw isn't becoming attackable for me until the person who holds his aggro moves position. Some of the mechanics on Molten are only being refreshed when characters move so that may be why, not specific to ToC. He just sits at the gate and does nothing for the entire fight unless my healer moves position. If left like that Icehowl never spawns either. The first time I tried the encounter I killed Dreadscale and tried to figure out what was wrong with Acidmaw. Once he become attackable I killed him but Icehowl wouldn't spawn. This caused a raid lockout for the rest of the week. :(

I will have to retry the twins using the proper tactics then but when I first did ToC10 a couple of months ago what I mentioned above was the case. Some other people also had issues with it in this thread though it hasn't seen an update since September:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....Valkyr-Tactics

My Disc's throughput is not being misrepresented by Skada. I am talking about 25,000 total raid hps including the self and party heals of my shadow priests via Vampiric Embrace and all of them using Divine Hymn. I also tried using a restoration shaman too and that made almost no difference.

None of my characters have had the Penetrating Cold debuff on them at any phase in the fight. This might be because of the lack of movement though. As mentioned above some things are buggy here. E.g. mobs won't aggro if characters don't move and some AoE abilities won't affect the raid if there is no movement.

5. Forgot to mention that the light Twin Val'kyr does fire damage so it's worth having both shadow and fire resistances if your raid composition allows it.

6. Sorry, I somehow missed that this was in the multibox forum. I was just posting about how ToC works in general.

7. Still relevant info you've provided so thank you :D

The issue of raid mechanics not working properly unless somebody in the raid moves is a bug afaik and I think utilising it purposefully is/should be considered an exploit. For many bosses if an add spawns it won't aggro anybody unless there is movement in the raid. The little kobolds do see to aggro without movement but as you said they don't work properly.