1. May 1, 2015  

Scripting Priorities

Hello all,

Given how much focus has recently been put on scripting PvE encounters in MoP, I was wondering if this is the best direction for Warmane to take. I think it would be beneficial if we could have a community poll on what users would like to have a priority to be fixed, rather than assuming it is end-game raiding, and spending a significant portion of our resources on this.

Indeed, having read through some threads, it seems even now the priority is to get ToT fully working, before jumping into working on the Heroic difficulty. While I'm sure many players would like this, I highly doubt this is what the majority of the MoP population would like to see. Many would prefer to have resources being devoted to other content such as BGs, achievement fixes, cloud serpent riding, QoL fixes (issues with transmogrification etc.), as well as old content.

This is specially true, as it seems that end-game raids take very significant amount of time to get working, while some of the other things would be easier to fix. One of the aims of Warmane was to be more active in listening to the opinions of players, so I hope we can just have a poll asking us what we would like worked on, rather than assumptions be made.

Thanks for reading!

2. May 1, 2015  
    We did have a thread for the community to share their opinion on what they'd like to see fixed, for all expansions. It was moved to the staff section and it is being reviewed. It should be forwarded to the developer team soon.

3. May 1, 2015  
    We did have a thread for the community to share their opinion on what they'd like to see fixed, for all expansions. It was moved to the staff section and it is being reviewed. It should be forwarded to the developer team soon.
    This is great news, as I think a vast majority of the community is under the impression that that thread was scrapped. It is great to see something came from it.

I am wondering if maybe having a poll with 4-5 categories would be easier for everyone involved. It would make it crystal clear if the community wants the focus to be end-game raiding (something I suspect is not true) or other content. The poll would be easy to set up, and would also be easy for everyone to participate in.

Note that this only applies for MoP, in terms of LK and Cata, most end-game content is already scripted (albeit not 100% blizzlike, but it is scripted really well).

4. May 1, 2015  
    This is great news, as I think a vast majority of the community is under the impression that that thread was scrapped. It is great to see something came from it.

I am wondering if maybe having a poll with 4-5 categories would be easier for everyone involved. It would make it crystal clear if the community wants the focus to be end-game raiding (something I suspect is not true) or other content. The poll would be easy to set up, and would also be easy for everyone to participate in.

Note that this only applies for MoP, in terms of LK and Cata, most end-game content is already scripted (albeit not 100% blizzlike, but it is scripted really well).
    End-game content will obviously be in higher priority than old dungeons/raids, but that doesn't means quests, achievements, class fixes and others are being ignored. You see, although the focus is the end-game content, a few days ago MoP realms were still updated with a changelog with class/quest fixes and other stuff.
    It's unnecessary to have such poll, in my opinion.

5. May 1, 2015  
    Most MoP players would like to see more BGs and more class fixes rather than more end game content. Since 70% of MoP players are pvp oriented. Please make a poll on that. :)

And please focus more on shadow priests, we're struggling here.
    Edited: May 1, 2015

6. May 1, 2015  
    Most MoP players would like to see more BGs and more class fixes rather than more end game content. Since 70% of MoP players are pvp oriented. Please make a poll on that. :)

I agree with you !

7. May 1, 2015  
    Originally Posted by Cristilaria

I agree.

8. May 1, 2015  

Struggling in what?
    Cause in random bgs shadow priests if played well are top 3 in dmg and killing blows. Maybe you're just a bad priest? or priets in general on Sargeras hmm ?
    PVE ? priest were behind almost everything on retail. Here it might be a bit different tho.
    FW.
    K.

9. May 1, 2015  
    Even tho end game stuff is really important there should be some other priorities like asap content that is incomplete and not fully working.... end game contend should be a long term work... i agree with the idea of a poll on what we really want... at least in the matter of gameplay..

10. May 1, 2015  
    Struggling in what?
    Cause in random bgs shadow priests if played well are top 3 in dmg and killing blows. Maybe you're just a bad priest? or priets in general on Sargeras hmm ?
    PVE ? priest were behind almost everything on retail. Here it might be a bit different tho.
    FW.
    K.
    Divine star healing our enemy in duels, Halo (our most important talent) isn't working. Glyph of Mass Dispell isn't working, Haste not working with dots, dispersion not removing stuns, Inner Will MS increase doesn't work, Shadowy Apparition visual isn't showing, Mind bender not benefiting from haste.

Need I say more?

Yet with all those bugs I still manage to top every bg cause thats what shadow priests are for.

11. May 1, 2015  
    Class fixes and End Game content ( Raids/Dungeons and BGs) should be in higher priority than old raids, and class fixes should have nr1 priority in my opinion

but as it goes for MoP, old raids don't need as much scripting, not like we can't do them with geared 90s characters, the thing about those old raids and dungeons is that we can go for titles, mounts, achievements, that is what is bringing the fun for me and I'm sure many other players, not just being restricted to end game content.

Also MoP achievements dont work, others work but not MoP ones, whats the deal behind that?
    and Rare mob spawn times, they r all retail time x8

I don't think you will lose much donations wise if you open old raids and dungeons, I think you will attract more players like that, people mostly donate for end game gear, now that is Grievous for PvP and Tier 15 for PvE, in few months it will be Prideful and T16,

The "top 5 bugs" thread was great! and I hope there will be more threads like that, or in this case a pool.

12. May 2, 2015  
    I'm going to simply nullify the OP.

We have devs working on all expansions.

There is actually more PVE work going into cataclysm right now than MoP, regardless of the updates being deployed.

There is large updates coming to Wrath and Cataclysm in the near future, the reason for the hasty deployment on Mists only is due to "getting bored of the same content".

We also have the big task of back-porting or upgrading content through the expansions.

2 Battlegrounds were in the last update.

13. May 2, 2015  
    This might seem like a minor issue, but it's kind of annoying. Is there any way you could make birds fly normal? If I go to Westfall and see buzzards or go to Teldrassil and see Birds of Prey, they are often jerking up and down instead of flying normally (on Cata). It makes Warmane look bad because it seems like something that could be fixed so easily.

I really like Warmane and lots of time I will forget I'm playing on a private server but then I see some bird jerking up and down and think "oh yeah, now I remember."

14. May 2, 2015  
    Divine star healing our enemy in duels, Halo (our most important talent) isn't working. Glyph of Mass Dispell isn't working, Haste not working with dots, dispersion not removing stuns, Inner Will MS increase doesn't work, Shadowy Apparition visual isn't showing, Mind bender not benefiting from haste.

Need I say more?

Yet with all those bugs I still manage to top every bg cause thats what shadow priests are for.
    grr youuu.. always feel the need to respond to u as ur the only active pvping spriest i know of lol..

1: divine star bug.. that only applies when dueling ur own faction correct? does it still work like against ur own faction in say gurubashi? or does it work in area vs. ur own faction?
    2: halo, most important talent? divine star is a better talent with exception in bg's [possibly pve? but even on retail i did not pve willingly]
    3: mass dispel glyph i understand
    4: haste not effecting dots? now there's a big ouch lol
    5: since when is dispersion supposed to remove stuns? it's supposed to be usable while stunned, but not remove the stun itself.
    6: inner will.. should rarely if ever get used. i was high rating [we'll say between 2.5-3k, i don't give exact figures although i know them, i like being anonymous here] and i don't even think i had inner will on my action bars :P
    7: shadowy apparition.. visual only? wouldn't that be a positive bug? lol
    8: and.. no one uses mind bender.. insanity ftw [surge on occasion]

EDIT:
    back on topic.. i personally, only care about class fixes.. with 1 exception. i want transmog to be fixed soooo badly :( how can i be named perverted when im dressed like a nun.. fix robe/tunic interchangeability!!! pls :(
    Edited: May 2, 2015

15. May 2, 2015  
    grr youuu.. always feel the need to respond to u as ur the only active pvping spriest i know of lol..

1: divine star bug.. that only applies when dueling ur own faction correct? does it still work like against ur own faction in say gurubashi? or does it work in area vs. ur own faction?
    2: halo, most important talent? divine star is a better talent with exception in bg's [possibly pve? but even on retail i did not pve willingly]
    3: mass dispel glyph i understand
    4: haste not effecting dots? now there's a big ouch lol
    5: since when is dispersion supposed to remove stuns? it's supposed to be usable while stunned, but not remove the stun itself.
    6: inner will.. should rarely if ever get used. i was high rating [we'll say between 2.5-3k, i don't give exact figures although i know them, i like being anonymous here] and i don't even think i had inner will on my action bars :P
    7: shadowy apparition.. visual only? wouldn't that be a positive bug? lol
    8: and.. no one uses mind bender.. insanity ftw [surge on occasion]

EDIT:
    back on topic.. i personally, only care about class fixes.. with 1 exception. i want transmog to be fixed soooo badly :( how can i be named perverted when im dressed like a nun.. fix robe/tunic interchangeability!!! pls :(
    1: yes, it only applies when dueling my own faction, and it heals them in arenas too.
    2: Halo is the most important talent because if its timed correctly, we could do insane damage.
    5: I suggest reading the tooltip again
    6: Inner will MS increase is useful in some conditions (e.g. flag carrying)
    7: How is that a positive bug? We can't see our apparitions flowing to the enemy
    8: Mind bender would be good when you duel a mage since you don't have much control of the fight.

123 ... Last