1. May 3, 2015  

When can we buy Val'anyr?

Why hasen't warmane added Val'anyr, Hammer of ancient kings yet? i would like to buy it from marketplace...

2. May 3, 2015  
    I'm going to assume it has something to do with them trying to finalize that new perks system for discounts.

Spoiler: Show

3. May 3, 2015  
    Is Val'anyr any good on priests? i thought it was only decent for Rdruids. Is it worth the hassle?

4. May 4, 2015  
    Is Val'anyr any good on priests? i thought it was only decent for Rdruids. Is it worth the hassle?
    It's one of the best weapons in the game for every healing spec except Discipline Priest, which gets poor mileage out of it due to not casting any direct heals in 25s.

5. May 4, 2015  
    It's one of the best weapons in the game for every healing spec except Discipline Priest, which gets poor mileage out of it due to not casting any direct heals in 25s.
    oh okay is there a priority list as far as which heal benefits most from it?

6. May 4, 2015  
    It's more than decent for both.

Skada: Skada: Pokemon's Healing & Absorbs for Fjola Lightbane, 14:06:10 - 14:10:38:
    Skada: Protection of Ancient Kings 3.08M (51.3%)
    Skada: Renew 1.09M (18.2%)
    Skada: Circle of Healing 753.9K (12.6%)
    Skada: Empowered Renew 245.1K (4.1%)
    Skada: Prayer of Mending 114.7K (1.9%)
    Skada: Power Word: Shield 300.1K (5.0%)
    Skada: Twilight Renewal 216.2K (3.6%)
    Skada: Blessing of Ancient Kings 114.6K (1.9%)
    Skada: Echoes of Light 41.2K (0.7%)

Skada: Skada: Pokemon's Healing & Absorbs for The Lich King, 13:43:02 - 13:53:11:
    Skada: Renew 865.0K (26.0%)
    Skada: Circle of Healing 844.6K (25.4%)
    Skada: Protection of Ancient Kings 462.0K (13.9%)
    Skada: Empowered Renew 353.7K (10.6%)
    Skada: Prayer of Mending 189.5K (5.7%)
    Skada: Flash Heal 172.1K (5.2%)
    Skada: Twilight Renewal 132.7K (4.0%)
    Skada: Divine Hymn 95.4K (2.9%)
    Skada: Echoes of Light 79.6K (2.4%)
    Skada: Power Word: Shield 60.9K (1.8%)
    Skada: Guardian Spirit 25.6K (0.8%)
    Skada: Blessed Healing 23.5K (0.7%)
    Skada: Glyph of Power Word: Shield 12.9K (0.4%)
    Skada: Blessing of Ancient Kings 7.9K (0.2%)

And if anyone is wondering, it does not proc off Vampiric Embrace.
    Edited: May 4, 2015

7. May 5, 2015  
    It's more than decent for both.

Skada: Skada: Pokemon's Healing & Absorbs for Fjola Lightbane, 14:06:10 - 14:10:38:
    Skada: Protection of Ancient Kings 3.08M (51.3%)
    Skada: Renew 1.09M (18.2%)
    Skada: Circle of Healing 753.9K (12.6%)
    Skada: Empowered Renew 245.1K (4.1%)
    Skada: Prayer of Mending 114.7K (1.9%)
    Skada: Power Word: Shield 300.1K (5.0%)
    Skada: Twilight Renewal 216.2K (3.6%)
    Skada: Blessing of Ancient Kings 114.6K (1.9%)
    Skada: Echoes of Light 41.2K (0.7%)

Skada: Skada: Pokemon's Healing & Absorbs for The Lich King, 13:43:02 - 13:53:11:
    Skada: Renew 865.0K (26.0%)
    Skada: Circle of Healing 844.6K (25.4%)
    Skada: Protection of Ancient Kings 462.0K (13.9%)
    Skada: Empowered Renew 353.7K (10.6%)
    Skada: Prayer of Mending 189.5K (5.7%)
    Skada: Flash Heal 172.1K (5.2%)
    Skada: Twilight Renewal 132.7K (4.0%)
    Skada: Divine Hymn 95.4K (2.9%)
    Skada: Echoes of Light 79.6K (2.4%)
    Skada: Power Word: Shield 60.9K (1.8%)
    Skada: Guardian Spirit 25.6K (0.8%)
    Skada: Blessed Healing 23.5K (0.7%)
    Skada: Glyph of Power Word: Shield 12.9K (0.4%)
    Skada: Blessing of Ancient Kings 7.9K (0.2%)

And if anyone is wondering, it does not proc off Vampiric Embrace.
    ah okay so it's pretty damn good across the board for pve. I must've been thinking pvp then where it's not that spectacular

8. May 5, 2015  
    Can you post your overhealing done on Twin Val'kyr? Skada appears to drastically over-report absorption on that encounter.

Your total healing/absorption done, excluding Val'anyr's proc and Power Word: Shield since it does not generate any Val'anyr shields either, is about 2.5 million. Val'anyr's proc is recorded at 3 million absorption. The Val'anyr shield is 15% the value of the spell that generates it. For Val'anyr's proc to have generated 3 million absorption, you would have to do a totally outlandish amount of healing. If the uptime was 100% (and it isn't) you'd have to do something like 21 million total healing + overhealing to have generated that much absorption.

The value on LK (where it did barely a tenth of the Twins report, on a fight at least twice the length) is the accurate one.

Still a great weapon, though.
    Edited: May 5, 2015

9. May 5, 2015  
    Overhealing: Skada: 2. Pokemon 1.97M (19.5%)
    Total: Skada: 1. Pokemon 2.49M / 1.97M

Yeah, because it's totally just the addon reporting wrong.
    /Sarcasm

If you parse combat logs outside of the game you'll find the same results.

10. May 5, 2015  
    you're so wrong it hurts me inside. I can go log my disc and get 10mil absorb on that fight without valynr it's the fight not the weapon that produces those results

11. May 5, 2015  
    Your total healing/absorption done, excluding Val'anyr's proc and Power Word: Shield since it does not generate any Val'anyr shields either, is about 2.5 million.
    Excuse me, what? Glyph of Power Word: Shield anyone?!
    Also, Power Word: Shield should proc off PW:S. Yeah, it shouldn't proc any actual absorbs off the weapon, but it should proc the weapon regardless. Much like Sacred Shield does (and should). The fact that it doesn't is a bug. It does proc the buff on other people if the weapon is already procced however.
    Edited: May 5, 2015

12. May 6, 2015  
    Overhealing: Skada: 2. Pokemon 1.97M (19.5%)
    Total: Skada: 1. Pokemon 2.49M / 1.97M

Yeah, because it's totally just the addon reporting wrong.
    /Sarcasm

If you parse combat logs outside of the game you'll find the same results.
    Is my math wrong? What am I missing?

The Val'anyr shield value is 15% of the heal that generate it. The total healing + overhealing you did, not counting the Val'anyr shield itself, is around 4.5 million - 2 million overhealing, then 2.5 million healing outside of Val'anyr and PW:S if I'm reading that correctly. The reported Protection of Ancient Kings total of 3 million, therefore, cannot possibly be correct. Even if the Val'anyr buff that causes your heals to generate the shield was up 100% of the time, that value is impossible. 4.5 million overhealing + healing, with a 100% Val'anyr proc uptime, would generate 675k worth of Protection of Ancient Kings. The actual uptime of the proc is around 25% (15sec every 1 minute), so the possible value is much smaller than 675k - and far smaller than the reported 3 million.

you're so wrong it hurts me inside. I can go log my disc and get 10mil absorb on that fight without valynr it's the fight not the weapon that produces those results
    Yes, you can. I'll do the same exercise for PW:S if you post your crit value and the amount your Glyph of PW:S heals. It's being over-reported.

Excuse me, what? Glyph of Power Word: Shield anyone?!
    His log is from a Holy priest - and if he was glyphing PW:S we could see the glyph heal separate from the absorption value for PW:S itself.

Also, Power Word: Shield should proc off PW:S. Yeah, it shouldn't proc any actual absorbs off the weapon, but it should proc the weapon regardless. Much like Sacred Shield does (and should). The fact that it doesn't is a bug. It does proc the buff on other people if the weapon is already procced however.
    This isn't what I meant - I mean that applying a PW:S does not generate a Protection of Ancient Kings shield for 15% the value of PW:S.
    Edited: May 6, 2015

13. May 6, 2015  
    His log is from a Holy priest - and if he was glyphing PW:S we could see the glyph heal separate from the absorption value for PW:S itself.
    This isn't what I meant - I mean that applying a PW:S does not generate a Blessing of Ancient Kings shield for 15% the value of PW:S.
    That's great and all, but going by what you previously typed, it appears that you were discrediting the spell as a whole, not just the absorption and excluding the application chance to proc (because how many things that can proc something IS a factor) or the glyph. But thanks for clarifying.
    Is my math wrong? What am I missing?
    No, but it doesn't change that it is a problem with the encounter itself, not the addon in question. If it were an issue with the addon itself, it would be happening on many (if not all) fights. Not just this one.

14. May 6, 2015  
    That's great and all, but going by what you previously typed, it appears that you were discrediting the spell as a whole, not just the absorption and excluding the application chance to proc (because how many things that can proc something IS a factor) or the glyph. But thanks for clarifying.
    I said that "Power Word: Shield... does not generate any Val'anyr shields either,".

No, but it doesn't change that it is a problem with the encounter itself, not the addon in question. If it were an issue with the addon itself, it would be happening on many (if not all) fights. Not just this one.
    You're correct. The error is with how the client is reporting absorption on the encounter. I wasn't trying to say the problem was with how the addon was handling the data. The problem is that bad data is being generated on Twin Val'kyr.

iirc, the reason is that absorption from Twins' Pact shields is being assigned erroneously to healers. You could probably watch this happen by looking at your absorption figures while the encounter is in progress. If not, it's something else - but the explanation is not that you are doing 3 million legitimate absorption with the hammer's shields on the encounter. That is impossible.
    Edited: May 6, 2015

15. May 6, 2015  
    You're correct. The error is with how the client is reporting absorption on the encounter. I wasn't trying to say the problem was with how the addon was handling the data. The problem is that bad data is being generated on Twin Val'kyr.
    Blame the addon, blame the combat log, blame the client's ability to read the combat log, but lets ignore the obvious culprit?

123 Last