1. May 6, 2015  

Save or Do Not Save The Pretty Avatar/Ugly Avatar?

SoI read this article on some study that states that more people are likely to help out a "sexy" avatar versus an ugly one. Read at your leisure:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/study-...165700090.html

So the theory goes that somehow avatar looks effects on how people interact with that avatar. And with a beautiful one more people will jump to help but an ugly one will be more ignored. Now, my first point is this, the avatars in WoW (at least up to MoP) do not allow too much change to the types of degree in which you can really change how they look. There are only so many looks you can change and in WoW they only changes you can make is to the face and hair. Other, games do allow you to tweak the body and such but not WoW. My second point is kind of funny but somewhat relevant. So by the theory of the article I guess the dwarven, troll, and tauren women would be ignored totally...? Finally, I want to ask women who play what they truly feel. Have you felt the need to make your toon look "sexy?" In comparison to maybe a toon you may have felt was getting ignored or do you feel that a toon's sex appeal holds no water to the article in general and the journalist is just writing out of his ***?

2. May 6, 2015  
    "a woman taking on a cross-gender role is more widely accepted than a man adopting a female role, which the study also notes."
    "you could say that female players have it even worse in the virtual world than they do in real life"

Who the **** conducts those studies?

Who the **** still talks about online discrimination? Why are you posting this pile of crap?

3. May 6, 2015  
    For one, I thought the article was hilarious BS. But I wanted to have some honest thoughts about it. I seriously meant know offense to anyone. As to who conducts these surveys...well at least someone does as their beliefs would not be posted for review. As to who still talks about online discrimination...let alone that you should know about people being discriminated against in the game but the sad fact that people kill themselves over online bullying that you seem to have missed kind of is sad. I would say online discrimination is very predominant today.

4. May 6, 2015  
    next you'll be saying the masses swarm and desperation hits the roof when the slightest hint of a woman's existence is raised

5. May 7, 2015  
    bull****, my orc gets all the females

6. May 7, 2015  
    First of all, girls don't play WoW. Fact.

People who play female characters in WoW (regardless its attractiveness) are either kids under the age of 8 or guys who feel unhappy with their birth gender and live vicariously as a women through an online game. Fact.

7. May 7, 2015  
    First of all, girls don't play WoW. Fact.
    Neither do attractive males.

8. May 7, 2015  
    Lol? Or how about attractive males are taken, and don't share themselves around to WoW girls.

9. May 7, 2015  
    So it took them 11 years to suddenly realize that female belfs, humans and draenei get more attention than the other female races. Effort well spent.

10. May 7, 2015  
    Whoa there lady! I am not going to sit here and say that I am equal to George Clooney but I ain't ugly. But the truth is fleeting when it comes to beauty. Can you say that what is a turn on for you is a turn on for other women? Men differ in many ways as well. Are we really a society that solely defines what beauty and sexy is? Is having a body like Channing Tatum what is accepted or are women allowed to interested in other body types? DO we define ourselves by "studies" like this. Keep in mind I believe the article is pure BS. Are we that close minded to people on the basis of their looks?

11. May 8, 2015  
    Clearly, you haven't seen me.

12. May 8, 2015  
    Lol? Or how about attractive males are taken, and don't share themselves around to WoW girls.
    Whoa there lady! I am not going to sit here and say that I am equal to George Clooney but I ain't ugly. But the truth is fleeting when it comes to beauty. Can you say that what is a turn on for you is a turn on for other women? Men differ in many ways as well. Are we really a society that solely defines what beauty and sexy is? Is having a body like Channing Tatum what is accepted or are women allowed to interested in other body types? DO we define ourselves by "studies" like this. Keep in mind I believe the article is pure BS. Are we that close minded to people on the basis of their looks?
    *WHOOOSH* That's the sound of the joke going over your head.

13. May 8, 2015  
    *WHOOOSH* That's the sound of the joke going over your head.
    I don't understand why everyone takes your jokes seriously. I honestly think it's because you're a super mod and your word is the word of God on here. But, I do find it funny.

And I do agree. Attractive males don't play WoW. WoW plays them. AHHHHH

I don't know what I'm trying to say. I just woke up, it's 3:00 PM and I got a beer. My day is going to be pretty slow and so is my brain. :]

14. May 8, 2015  
    how do you people fall for something so obvious? you should be ashamed.

15. May 8, 2015  
    "Girls don't play WOW"
    "Attractive males don't play WOW"

All Sapphire did was respond to an invalid statement, with an invalid statement.

Calm yourselves

123 ... Last