1. May 7, 2015  

How would your dream raid look like?

I'm sorry if this topic exists already, I had a look around but didn't find anything

I've noticed that a lot of people has got very different opinion on what the best raid would be. Here I want you to share how your absolute best dream raid would look like. Which classes and specc should compromise this raid? I would like you to write down a list and also to explain why yours is different, and discuss with others. The rules of this thread are:
    1. The raid is for ICC ( normal or HC )
    2. Everyone is on equal gear level
    3. You can either do 10 man or 25 man, or write down both.

An example of my favorite raid line-iup:

10 man:
    Tank: Prot paladin, Feral Druid
    Healer: Resto Shaman, Disco Priest
    Rdps: 1 MM Hunter, 1 Spriest, 1 FF mage
    Mdps: 1 unholy DK, 1 fury war, 1 Retri Paladin

25 man:
    Tank: 1 Prot Paladin, 1 Frost DK
    Healer: 2 Resto shaman, 1 resto druid, 1 Disco priest, 1 Holy pala
    Rdps: 3 MM Hunter, 2 FF mages, 1 demo lock, 1 affil Lock, 1 Boomkin, 1 Ench Shaman, 1 Spriest
    Mdps: 4 Retri pala, 1 Fury War, 1 Arms War, 1 Unholy DK, 1 Feral druid.

Please Discuss.

2. May 7, 2015  
    My eyes burn for resto shamans as main healers for both raids. Im simply against shammy healers in WOTLK. They are simply worst healers. Shaman dont stand close to any other WOTLK PVE healer ( with exception holy pala for some fights ). Yes, i have seen realy good shamans, and realy geared, but we are talking about same geared and skill level players. Yes, thats my opinion about shamans at PVE. At PVP? Totaly different story.

On the topic. Dont realy have some kind of best DPS setup. If raid got full raid buffs and everyone doing good enogh DPS, then why to stack paladins or hunters for DPS? Not for me. As for healers im fan of paladin+disco at 10man. Havnt seen anyone who do better then skilled pala+disco combo. for 25man raid. Hm....something like 2 dudus, pala and holy priest. 2nd shadow priest respecing for 5th disco on LoD fight. Actualy its enough to run with 3 healers if raid is fully geared and healers are skilled. Bosses fall way too fast. LoD need 5 healers. Yes, dable with 4 but.. a lot safer to do with 5

Tanks? I cant remember when i have done different then Pala+dk or pala+war

3. May 8, 2015  
    10 man:
    Tank: Prot paladin, Feral Druid
    Healer: Resto Shaman, Disco Priest
    Rdps: 1 MM Hunter, 1 Spriest, 1 FF mage
    Mdps: 1 unholy DK, 1 fury war, 1 Retri Paladin

Please Discuss.
    Lower geared shaman, and/or tanks would make that shaman go oom fast with little chance for innervates.

10man:
    Tank: Prot Pala, FDK
    Heals: Shaman, Disco.
    RDPS: Boomkin, MM Hunt & Fire Mage or Shadow Priest
    MDPS: Retri, Retri & Fury.

4. May 8, 2015  
    Is there a reason why frost dk is chosen for tank over blood dk?

5. May 8, 2015  
    Is there a reason why frost dk is chosen for tank over blood dk?
    I'm talking way back here, but I remember some huge bugs on blood dks. Like bosses going crazy and hitting 10 times per second in the middle of a fight.

6. May 8, 2015  
    I'm talking way back here, but I remember some huge bugs on blood dks. Like bosses going crazy and hitting 10 times per second in the middle of a fight.
    This stuff has been fixed.

The reason to bring a resto shaman isn't because resto shaman is so amazing, it's because shaman buffs are desirable and healing composition isn't as important as bringing better DPS. This is why Paragon used a resto shaman for the world first Heroic LK25.

7. May 8, 2015  
    This stuff has been fixed.

The reason to bring a resto shaman isn't because resto shaman is so amazing, it's because shaman buffs are desirable and healing composition isn't as important as bringing better DPS. This is why Paragon used a resto shaman for the world first Heroic LK25.
    What's the appeal of Fdk > Bdk tank then?

8. May 8, 2015  
    What's the appeal of Fdk > Bdk tank then?
    Nothing that I can see. I wasn't cosigning that recommendation, I was saying that issues with Blood DK tanks getting instagibbed on molten had been fixed.

9. May 8, 2015  
    Nothing that I can see. I wasn't cosigning that recommendation, I was saying that issues with Blood DK tanks getting instagibbed on molten had been fixed.
    Probably because of raid buffs.
    Frost DKs bring imp icy talons to the table while blood DKs bring nothing except a buff already provided by MM hunters.

10. May 9, 2015  
    Probably because of raid buffs.
    Frost DKs bring imp icy talons to the table while blood DKs bring nothing except a buff already provided by MM hunters.
    Yeah I forgot that Imp Icy Talons is better than Windfury. Hysteria is relevant, though.

11. May 9, 2015  
    10man:
    Tanks:P Paladin,B/F DK
    Heals:H Paladin,R Druid/R Shaman
    DPS:R Pala,MM Hunter,S Priest,FF Mage,Demo Warlock,B Druid

25man:
    Tanks:P Paladin,B/F DK
    Heals:H Paladin,R Druid,R Shaman,D Priest(x2 R Druid or R Shammy)
    DPS:Demo Warlock,B Druid,B Druid,E Shaman,Warrior,R Paladin,R Paladin,F Druid,Unh DK,F DK,S Priest,MM Hunter,MM Hunter, MM Hunter,Arc Mage,FF Mage,FF Mage,FF Mage

12. May 21, 2015  

In my guild (Covenant - Deathwing Horde) we're running with the setup I'll note below and I believe it's the best one I've had up to now.

Tanks:
    • 1x Protection Paladin
    • 1x Blood Death Knight

Both of them have great utility and both can help the raid in great lengths. They're also the optimal tanks for LoD encounters.

Healers:
    • 1x Restoration Druid
    • 1x Restoration Shaman
    • 1x Holy Paladin
    • 1x Discipline Priest

Four healers are usually enough, as long as they're decent. Fitting an extra healer there will just make them overheal each other. In addition, you gain an extra DPS spot for your raid setup.

Ranged DPS:
    • 1-2x Balance Druid
    • 3-4x Fire Mage
    • 2-3x Marksmanship Hunter
    • 2-3x Shadow Priest
    • 1x Demonology Warlock
    • 1x Elemental Shaman

The Ranged group is pretty flexible. It's always good to have an extra one of them. Regardless of which fight, Ranged usually have a better positioning than Melee. Take Lich King fight for example, whenever you have to spread for a defile, Ranged can already stand at the position where you're supposed to spread, and so forth. In addition, FFB Mages and MM Hunters can attack the Lich King in Transition phase as well.
    You're also able to fill in an extra Warlock, a Hybrid or Affliction, depends on your choice.

Melee DPS:
    • 1x Fury Warrior
    • 1x Feral Druid
    • 2-3x Retribution Paladin
    • 1x Frost Death Knight
    • 1x Unholy Death Knight

It's always good to have an extra Retribution Paladin. More Rets you got, that means more dispelling on the tanks in Transition phase of Lich King encounter. You also have an additional stun, extra Hand of Salvation for Mages.

Overall, the raid group can be flexible, but in this range of what I wrote is basically the best setup I've ever had. Good luck.

13. May 21, 2015  
    my dream raid would be that bosses and class got full fix and not being broken

14. May 23, 2015  
    For 10 man raids I prefer the following setup.

Tank:
    • 1x Protection Paladin

Healers:
    • 1x Discipline Priest
    • 1x Holy Paladin

Ranged DPS:
    • 1x Shadow Priest
    • 1x Balance Druid
    • 1x Demonology Warlock
    • 1x Marksmanship Hunter
    • 1x Elemental Shaman

Melee DPS:
    • 1x Frost Death Knight
    • 1x Retribution Paladin

The idea is to go solo-tank for whole run, as it's very possible. For Bane, some of the guilds aren't relaxed to solo tank it, or maybe you're doing an Alt run, so make sure that Frost Death Knight of yours has a Blood Tank spec as well.

15. May 23, 2015  
    In my guild (Covenant - Deathwing Horde) we're running with the setup I'll note below and I believe it's the best one I've had up to now.

Tanks:
    • 1x Protection Paladin
    • 1x Blood Death Knight

Both of them have great utility and both can help the raid in great lengths. They're also the optimal tanks for LoD encounters.

Healers:
    • 1x Restoration Druid
    • 1x Restoration Shaman
    • 1x Holy Paladin
    • 1x Discipline Priest

Four healers are usually enough, as long as they're decent. Fitting an extra healer there will just make them overheal each other. In addition, you gain an extra DPS spot for your raid setup.

Ranged DPS:
    • 1-2x Balance Druid
    • 3-4x Fire Mage
    • 2-3x Marksmanship Hunter
    • 2-3x Shadow Priest
    • 1x Demonology Warlock
    • 1x Elemental Shaman

The Ranged group is pretty flexible. It's always good to have an extra one of them. Regardless of which fight, Ranged usually have a better positioning than Melee. Take Lich King fight for example, whenever you have to spread for a defile, Ranged can already stand at the position where you're supposed to spread, and so forth. In addition, FFB Mages and MM Hunters can attack the Lich King in Transition phase as well.
    You're also able to fill in an extra Warlock, a Hybrid or Affliction, depends on your choice.

Melee DPS:
    • 1x Fury Warrior
    • 1x Feral Druid
    • 2-3x Retribution Paladin
    • 1x Frost Death Knight
    • 1x Unholy Death Knight

It's always good to have an extra Retribution Paladin. More Rets you got, that means more dispelling on the tanks in Transition phase of Lich King encounter. You also have an additional stun, extra Hand of Salvation for Mages.

Overall, the raid group can be flexible, but in this range of what I wrote is basically the best setup I've ever had. Good luck.

Legit no rogues? Rofl? Since when is Feral DPS higher than Rogue? Also, Arcane does more DPS than fire.

12 Last