1. May 10, 2015  

best wireless internet

So, I have Vodacom dongle and its the kakkest pos thing ever, my ms runs from 250-10k in like 3 seconds, thought it was im in a dead spot,moves to joburg, im in a lte spot and still its sooooo bad, I dc out of numerious bg's and also I wont even go near arena, so any tips on this? is there a more stable wireless provider I can look into?|

2. May 10, 2015  
    I use afrihost. Latency generally sits around 200 MS, can spike to 300. If I use my wired connection, it is a stable 100 MS. Vodacom is not as good as MTN (afrihost's carrier) for gaming. Whatever you do, though, don't go for neotel. 400+ minimum and can go way above that.

Your dongel may also be slow-ish. are you playing on 2G, 3G or LTE?

3. May 11, 2015  
    3g, not sure if its worth it to get lte modem, as lte is only a rumour, heard that there is no way Vodacom can verify if there is lte reception in a zone, even if it shows that there is on their website, also the phones are not accurate, that's why im asking, but I like the 100 ms thing, can get used to it, you say its wired, via landline?

4. Hi there my name is Cebo I live in KZN in a township near Durban and I use 8ta simcard on a cellc dongle I have pretty decent MS lowest I can get around 220 MS all in all 8ts I'd say is the way to go tried cellc and vodacom their too laggy and unstable.

5. July 6, 2015  
    Well I've been with Iburst Wireless for about 3 years now. And even during times when ADSL congestion had everyone pulling their hairs out by causing massive latency issues, Iburst kept on going. The only problem is that Iburst Wireless uses ancient wireless technology which means you will, like me, be stuck with a 1mbps internet link, which is **** slow compared to 2-10 mbps ADSL circuits nowadays. You can have a look at Iburst Wireless by going to www.iburst.co.za. But check the coverage map thoroughly. In my case I'm in a Stellenbosch, Western Cape where there is very good signal, but I still got myself an outdoor antenna to get the best connection I possibly can. The only downside apart from slow internet with Iburst is their relatively KAK customer service. Once you're settled in there's little problems from there... But to get settled in is the problem.

So I reckon you want to know what the latency looks like on Iburst? Well... I have a constant 190-200 ms during off-peak hours and 200-230 ms during peak hours. ADSL nowadays goes as low as 170 ms, which I managed to get at my parents' house in Brackenfell, Western Cape on a 2mpbs Cybersmart circuit. But yeah... I wouldn't recommend using wireless, in the sense of 3G or LTE, for gaming. It is just too unstable.