1. May 10, 2015  

Hot streak managing & spell lag broken

The server seems to completely eliminate the spell lag that was on retail, which completely breaks the way the class was played. In case you're not aware of how things worked on retail, let me paint you a word picture: You have one Hot Streak proc, you cast a Scorch and immediately follow with an Inferno Blast. What's supposed to happen is one of two things: either your Scorch crits and you have one free pyroblast and an extra hot streak proc, or it doesn't and you have just one free Pyroblast. This is because the game waits about half a second for that Inferno Blast before registering the non-crit Scorch and resetting your Hot Streak.
    This server on the other hand does not wait, it immediately wipes your Hot Streaks clean, meaning that the latter option where the Scorch doesn't crit now becomes just a single Hot Streak with no free Pyroblasts. What this means in theory that either you have to roll a 30%ish RNG chance each time you want a free Pyro, or you have to waste a freeze for every single pyro, which is unacceptable for a class that's entirely based on setting up bursts against frozen targets. This completely ****s the spec over PvP-wise. The only other option would be to cancel your scorch casts each time you score a crit, which greatly reduces the spec's damage, and more importantly makes it a massive bore to play.
    </rant>

2. May 10, 2015  
    I was not aware of this, as I've only played on this server so far, but I do get what you're saying and it's really one of the reasons why I hesitate in playing fire and prefer arcane (especially in BG's). Do you think there's a chance this will get "retailed", or it's pretty much how things are and will be?

3. May 11, 2015  
    Do you think there's a chance this will get "retailed", or it's pretty much how things are and will be?
    Well, after bouncing from one server to the next for a couple of hours, this seemed to be the case for most, if not all MoP private servers. I believe they all derive from the same server base code or something, so I'd assume it's not an easy fix. Maybe there's a server with capable devs working on it, but at the moment I don't have my hopes up.
    It's really frustrating since MoP fire mage was my favorite time for PvP, and at the moment it feels like I'm never going to re-live that feeling. :(

4. May 12, 2015  
    I totally agree with you. It's quite annoying when you have to use something like /stopcasting while you are casting Scorch cuz you may loose hot streak proc.

5. May 13, 2015  
    I also noticed this. But shouldn't the Heating Up proc last for 10s until you land another critical hit with either Scorch/Fireball/Pyroblast or Inferno Blast, then your Heating Up proc becomes a Pyro! .

Here, even non-critical hits consume the Heating Up proc, but since it aint critical the Heating Up proc simply vanishes.

6. May 17, 2015  
    It was already reported on the bugtracker multiple times since mop realms launched http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/3473.
    Sadly it is closed and set as 100% complete. Blue ao gave a reply that made me think this will never work on warmane :'((

The delay you see there is simply how retail processes stuff in batches, if you look carefully first scorch lands almost when the second is at half cast timer. However, buffs alternate right at that moment.
    Also he fired, Pyroblast before Scorch has been registered.
    So, to conclude, there are no issues here, its simply a blizzard "feature" because the way how their servers work.