1. May 10, 2015  

Herbalist's Handbook

1. Introduction

Hello guys, I am Stify and I have decided to create a guide for everyone who wants to take Herbalism as one of his professions.

2. Important things to know

I want to show you the location of EVERY zone's herbs. I will explore every zone and I will search for every single herb. I will show you the locations from the lower level zones to the higher level zones. I want you to help you to level your skill and to know a lot about Herbalism, so I am planning on explaining a lot of stuff about it.

Please keep the following infomations in mind:

- I am playing on Neltharion.
    - These are my pictures of my maps ( I am using Gathermate addon) and I made the pictures of the herbs as well.
    - These locations will always be updated.
    - This guide requires a lot of time, but I will upload the following article as fast as I can.

I hope I can help you guys and I hope you will enjoy this guide!

3. About Herbalism

Herbalism is one of the three Gathering professions in World of Warcraft. There are Herbalism, Mining and Skinning. They can help you earn a solid amount of gold at the early levels of the game. I would recommend every new player to get Gathering professions when they start.

In this guide we are going to take a closer look at Herbalism!

Herbalism is all about running around in the zones and gathering herbs. WOW, that was shocking wasn't it? :)
    So you have decided to get Herbalism as your profession! Great! You need to find a Herbalism Trainer first. There are a lot of them in Azeroth, the best places to find them are in the capitals of the factions in my opinion. They will train you for a few copper, but do not be disappointed, you will get your money back sooner, than you think! :)

You just picked up Herbalism, so what is next?

Herbs are needed for two Crafting professions; Alchemy and Inscription. Alchemysts create some delicious potions, flasks, elixirs etc. Scribes create Glyphs. If you are planning on getting a secondary profession I would recommend you to choose Inscription over Alchemy because it can help you a lot in the early levels, while Alchemy is more likely a late game moneymaking profession. There is another option as well; picking one more Gathering profession (Mining or Skinning). It is up to you!

Few hints about Herbalism:

- You do not need an additional item (like Mining Pick for Mining) to get Herbs from plants.
    - Do not forget to enable 'Find herbs' by using your spell 'Find herbs', or allowing finding herbs with the help of the minimap (Right click on it -> Check Find Herbs). Without this Herbs will not be shown on the Minimap.
    - In Cataclysm the max level of profession is 525, but do not worry Herbalism is one of the easiest to level up.

Alright you got the basics now, let's check out the herb locations!

4. The Herbs in Azeroth

Finally this is what you are waiting for! :) The location of herbs on Neltharion! As I mentioned before I will show you the locations from the lower level zones to the higher level zones.

4.1 Horde Starting Zones level 1-10 (Durotar, Tirisfal Glades, Mulgore and Eversong Woods)

Leveling tips

You can level your Herbalism skill 1-70 (or even a little further around 100 if you want) by gathering Silverleaf, Peacbloom and Earthroot. As you can see Durotar, Tirisfal Glades and even Mulgore is a nice place to level up Herbalism. I would forget about Eversong Woods :). My suggestion is: Durotar, because the simpliest route is there in my opinion.

Durotar

Tirisfal Glades

Mulgore

Eversong Woods

4.2 Alliance Starting Zones 1-10 (Elwynn Forest, Dun Morogh, Teldrassil, Azuremyst Isle)

Leveling tips

You can level your Herbalism skill 1-70 (or even a little further around 100 if you want) by gathering Silverleaf, Peacbloom and Earthroot. As you can see Elwynn Forest, Dun Morogh and even Teldrassil is a nice place to level up Herbalism. I would forget about Azuremys Isle :). My suggestion is: Elwynn Forest is our winner here, because there are tons of herbs around, and the simpliest route is there in my opinion.

Elwynn Forest

Dun Morogh

Teldrassil

Azuremyst Isle

4.3 Leveling Zones 10-20

Leveling tips

You can level your Herbalism skill 70-125 (or even a little further if you want) by gathering Mageroyal, Briarthorn and Bruiseweed. As you can see the best places for leveling are: Westfall for the Alliance, Silverpine Forest for the Horde.

Bloodmyst Isle

Darkshore

Loch Modan

Northern Barrens

Silverpine Forest

Westfall

5. About the Herbs

Silverleaf

Skill Level Requirement: 1
    Usage for Alchemy: Minor Healing Potion, Minor Mana Potion, Elixir of Minor Defense, Elixir of Lion's Strength, Elixir of Minor Agility.
    Usage for Inscription: You can get Alabaster Pigment from Silverleaf by using Milling.

Peacebloom

Skill Level Requirement: 1
    Usage for Alchemy: Minor Healing Potion, Minor Rejuvenation Potion, Discolored Healing Potion, Weak Troll's Blood Elixir, Elixir of Minor Fortitude.
    Usage for Inscription: You can get Alabaster Pigment from Silverleaf by using Milling.

Earthroot

Skill Level Requirement: 15
    Usage for Alchemy: Elixir of Lion's Strength, Weak Troll's Blood Elixir, Elixir of Minor Fortitude, Elixir of Giant Growth, Elixir of Ogre's Strength.

Mageroyal

Skill Level Requirement: 50
    Usage for Alchemy: Minor Mana Potion, Minor Rejuvenation Potion, Minor Magic Resistance Potion, Lesser Mana Potion, Elixir of Wisdom
    Usage for Inscription: You can get Dusky Pigment and Verdant Pigment from Mageroyal by using Milling.

Briarthorn

Skill Level Requirement: 70
    Usage for Alchemy: Lesser Healing Potion, Swiftness Potion, Healing Potion, Elixir of Wisdom, Strong Troll's Blood Elixir
    Usage for Inscription: You can get Dusky Pigment and Verdant Pigment from Mageroyal by using Milling.

Stranglekelp

Skill Level Requirement: 85
    Usage for Alchemy: Lesser Mana Potion, Free Action Potion, Mana Potion, Nature Protection Potion, Elixir of Water Breathing, Elixir of Defense, Elixir of Agility

Bruiseweed

Skill Level Requirement: 100
    Usage for Alchemy: Holy Protection Potion, Healing Potion, Potion of Curing, Strong Troll's Blood Elixir

6. Credits

Please let me know if it was either useful or useless! I hope this will be helpful for some of you!
    Edited: May 15, 2015