1. May 10, 2015  

Returning to Molten (Warmane!) - suggestion for spending coins/points?

Greetings all.
    I played here on molten a long time ago but probably havent even logged in for over 16-18 months now.
    I ran the multiboxing guild on WOTLK before, though it died out about 10-12 months ago after I left for a few months.
    Glad to see a few old recognizable names still here and looking forward to jumping back in and joining the new multibox guild on frostwolf.

With that in mind: Anyone here try a team of monks yet in MoP???
    I had 5-teams of nearly every class before (except rogue and warrior) - and mixed them frequently.
    FIgured that now that the servers are wiped I might as well try some new content and play MOP - so I can play both the new cata content and mop content.

I've caught up a bit on the threads here but havent seen ANYBODY mention monk.
    I saw some vids a year back of retail guys m-boxing monks and thought they would be pretty good.
    Why isnt anyone doing it?
    Are monks not working on molten or something?

Also --- big question: WHAT SHOULD I SPEND MY REFUNDED COINS ON??? :)
    I have only 3 weeks left to decide what to spend about 100 coins + 400 points on before they are deleted.
    I only have 5 accounts. I think I will make another 5 donator accounts though this time and 10-box - but....what is the most efficient team right now in MOP?
    I had 5 DK team and 5 PAL team before, which I often swapped around (4PAL 1DK or 4DK 1PAL etc). Obviously it is gear-dependant classes that will benefit the most from buying marketplace items for them still in MOP I imagine? So pal/dk or maybe enh-sham, hunter, etc?
    If I am going to get end-game weapons for a team what would be the best things to spend the coins on?

Cheers.

2. May 10, 2015  
    Oh - yea - maybe it would help to mention my goal of course: since MoP disabled follow in BGs I'll be focusing on PVE but also I always love to world PVP against teams of other players. I will do arenas if there are enough other boxers who want to compete - 2 years ago we had a pretty healthy weekly pool of multiboxers in the old guild that did our weekly fights and competed 5v5's pretty actively. Hoping we can do that too.

If not, then will focus on PVE.

Will probably roll up my 5 druids now - then 5 PAL and 5 DK later.
    Are hunters really good in MOP?
    How about shamans?
    I might also make mixed PVE team but need to get some simple core teams rolling and farming first.

The multiboxing guild on frostwolf is horde side right?
    (Its on frostwolf right?)

3. May 12, 2015  
    MOP Gear is not yet End Game, so it is a waste of coins buying any gear for MOP. It is better to to either spend coins instant level up or spend coins in Cata on Cataclysmic Gladiator's gear. If you are making DK's on Cata, then better buy them weapon [Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps] with coins.

4. May 12, 2015  
    wow. really?

so the MOP marketplace gear (even for coins) isnt the end game gear for MoP expansion?
    why is this?
    is it an issue of them not making the item database fully available on MoP servers yet or they just dont put endgame items on the marketplace?

i dont want to instant-90 any characters, i want to play them up again in the new expansion.

playing on cata seems pointless because i used to play wotlk and now i want to play the new content. cata is just one expansion. it would be fairly meaningless to play just cata when i can play cata + mop content by playing on a mop server.

i saw some really good marketplace gear like ilvl 463 i think. isnt that endgame mop gear?
    EDIT: i just checked - and there is 522 ilvl gear on marketplace for MOP.
    this is indeed endgame MOP gear. so what are you talking about? MOP on warmane is going to stay at 5.4.2 so ilvl 522 is the top gear in the game.
    Edited: May 12, 2015

5. May 12, 2015  
    The current ilvl is 522, with the new season the ilvl will increase to 550*.

*I refer to pvp ofc.
    Edited: May 12, 2015

6. May 12, 2015  
    The current ilvl is 522, with the new season the ilvl will increase to 550*.

*I refer to pvp ofc.
    What he said.
    It will be a while before MOP has end game gear on the Marketplace.

7. May 13, 2015  
    What he said.
    It will be a while before MOP has end game gear on the Marketplace.
    OK but I am referring to PVE gear.
    I multibox, and in MOP they have disabled /follow in battlegrounds making it very hard to do PVP as a boxer.

For that reason too it might be better for me to go to cata though. Thats a good point.

What ilvl is the endgame PVE gear now? 522?
    Is endgame PVE gear going to change as well with the new season?
    Typically it is only pvp gear that changes with seasons, not PVE - correct?

(Been awhile since I played wow, so cant remember everything)

Thanks for the replies guys.

8. May 13, 2015  
    both will change and as far as I remember PVE had an higher ilvl while the last pvp season was active. I was just pvping in mop, sry.

9. May 13, 2015  
    darn. ok thanks.
    so - coming back to molten to play on MOP with a bunch of coins is now pretty much pointless.

i sent in a ticket to at least see if they could save *some* of my coins permanently. otherwise losing 100+ coins makes it fairly uninteresting to come back and play at all.

i dont mind losing lets say - half - of my coins within the 4 week recovery period; but all of them? when we cant even buy endgame gear yet? then they are effectively all = wasted.

id stay around and donate again on all my box accounts (i plan on adding another 5 accounts to 10-box this time) but not if they are wiping all my coins before even letting me have a chance to buy endgame gear.

thats just too harsh.
    anyone else here also donator on their box accounts? what are you guys doing after the wipe? playing on wotlk/cata?

10. May 13, 2015  
    I already can give you the answer you'll get: No. :D

Before the wipe, the endgame gear wasnt released on mop servers, so ... 1+1= ?

11. May 13, 2015  
    I already can give you the answer you'll get: No. :D

Before the wipe, the endgame gear wasnt released on mop servers, so ... 1+1= ?
    thats not really the point.
    the point is that we all lost all our characters and gear.
    Edited: May 31, 2015