1. May 11, 2015  

Deathwing PVP best faction

I've been playing Alliance for a while on Deathwing now. One thing I've noticed is that Alliance tends to lose a lot of Battlegrounds. Not due the idea that Alliance sucks. But to the fact that high geared players hardly do any battlegrounds. I see most of them just do their daily and be done with it. Knowing that they usually end up with a lot of low geared players, who can blame them?

But as a player trying to gear up fairly, this can be quite frustrating. Even though the reasonably good PVE gear helps a bit inside BGs, you're still pretty much target practice for any good PVP geared player. This led me to the idea to do a faction transfer to the Horde. But would this be a wise decision? Are battlegrounds truely better on Horde's side? Or is it just a matter of being very unlucky in all the battlegrounds I end up with?

I'm looking for some constructive feedback on this matter. I have no "special feelings" about being Alliance or Horde. To me it's just a matter of which Racial abilities are most interesting for the class I'm about to play. Which is in the case of PVP, Humans, because of their free trinket. I know the Undead have something simular. But it only counts for Fear, Sleep and Charm effects.

2. May 11, 2015  
    I would say u got unlucky with ques,same here on horde sometimes u win 5 bgs in a row sometimes u lose,do premades and gl

3. May 11, 2015  
    I don't mind losing. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I get that. But I'm talking about playing 3 weeks almost every evening with a win/lose ratio of 1:9. I've only had 1 evening where it was 50/50. I've tried playing on different times just to be sure if that was the issue. But it made no difference at all. That's why I've made this thread. To see if I'm just really unlucky or something else is going on.

4. May 11, 2015  
    Speaking from experience on private servers, there is somewhat of a see-saw effect in battleground win rates.

One faction tends to win a lot for a few weeks, then most unskilled players move to the winning side, and that side starts losing. Ragnaros had alliance winning almost every BG, and now tend to lose most :)

5. May 11, 2015  
    I would still say you got unlucky. If you note around what time you usually play it'd be easier to answer you. Anyway, I feel it's 50/50 when not in a premade. One option: play premades :D

6. May 12, 2015  
    If you want to gear up in bgs best thing to do is make some friends and q as a premade. Having ppl to back you up and help with kill targets can make a huge difference

7. May 16, 2015  
    Right now horde has the slight advantage because of gear. Alliance has a large population of undergeared players. With that said, factions are much more balanced than you think. I recently faction switched from Alliance to Horde to pick up items that can only be attained as horde (I plan on going back alliance soon). When alliance gears up, the balance will go back and forth just like it did pre-moltdown. I personally like to faction switch to the weaker faction because I like the challenge and I get bored if I sit on one faction for too long.

If you're on alliance, find a good guild or group of friends who run premades with good gear. Go along for the ride and win some BG's. Someone with decent gear with a head on their shoulders can beat 95% of horde noob pvp guild premades.

8. May 17, 2015  
    After reset week 1 , alliance was way more BiS geared than horde , and the bg queue system made it worse...
    Here is what happened after that was inevitable, some horde pvp guilds recruited players on the basis ( hey u knw how to play BGs then join us in premades )
    this was a good idea , i myself was told at start that i can't join a pvp guild coz i had my furious gear set,.... today i am sitting with a good gear not BiS , with a 30k kills in the bag....
    there are many like me who geared up through honor , the horde population is now seen more geared majorly coz of this , not to mention the mass players who xfer from ally to horde ..
    But i still think Alliance are way still better, their PVE players also plays BG :P....

9. May 17, 2015  
    At the moment its horde side.

Ally has this sick mentality of - "wipe once lets afk".

Horde on the other hand, if they get "wiped" -
    they somehow manage to focus on clearing bg objectives to win the game.
    props to them.

10. May 17, 2015  
    Whatever makes you happy yo. I'd say transfer try it out. When I came here horde was getting trashed, and it was challenging and fun. And who cares about the racials. I've always been female Orc cause they r super ugly XD.

Then we started winning a lot so i switched alliance, and yah ok we lose more, but it's much more fun to face a 5-10man premade, rather than gy camp a bunch of people that won't even rez.

@Summerlights You obviously haven't met some horde pvpers like Ero who alt-f4 when they are about to die XD What's that about.

11. May 19, 2015  
    @OP, stay as alliance, i am atm saving vps so i can transfer, but here is why:

I am from Colombia ( - 5GTM) and i play mostly in the morning (around 3PM STV) ... and horde SUCKS at this time, they lose every single bg and seriously it is indeed overwhelming .. i thank God i do not take the game THAT personal otherwise i'll end up crying my eyes out every single bg, and i'm not talking about horde being badGeared (horde can donate as well you know) it is the fact that Horde players around that time are for sure braindead, they just rush tunnel targeting trying to kill kill kill and then they leave raging about low geared people. I was in a successfully bg ONE out of 10, but yeah, at the end it all seems to depend on the time you play i've heard horde wins more after 6pm STV im not quite sure, still bg'ing until i get my 150vps so i can go back.

on the other side, ppl always say "join a premade bla bla bla" but premades only take 5.5k gs ++ (really sad they even GSwhore in pvp) and that sucks, you gotta craft some leader pants and do your own premades, asking for ppl who really know the tactics (yeye standing in a tower is called tactic these days) and at the end dealing with it :D

12. May 22, 2015  
    Dont change fiction its stupid i done it once.And i last lots of BG's and same **** like being ally

13. May 22, 2015  

Join the horde for shorter alliance queue.

14. May 22, 2015  
    You can always make an Ally and a Horde toon.

and just play the side which has less "fails" depending on the time of day - less stressful that way.

15. May 23, 2015  
    The queue is much quicker in Horde. But... the downside is you need to have a lot of luck or have it be really late or early to win a BG, for now I guess. It's ridiculous.

12 Last