1. May 13, 2015  

Why is multiboxing allowed? (fixed edition II)

Well, I was told my previous post was offensive and I should try it again. Although I didn´t find it offensive in any way, moderators are kings here, so I will listen and I will not call multiboxers like they are supposed to be called for this time. So let´s explain what is wrong with reasons that allows multiboxing. Once more.

/e I AM TALKING ABOUT !!!WARSONG!!! IT IS IN THE END OF THE POST AS WELL, BUT IT OBVIOUSLY WASN´T AS OBVIOUS AS I EXPECTED.

"Multi-boxing is allowed for several reasons. First, it isn't cheating in any way, as there isn't any item or spell exploits, or packet editing going on."

Actually, it is cheating. At first, there is no definition of cheating that says cheating has something to do with exploiting item or spell (it sounds like exploiting bug not cheating) nor packet editing. According to your deffinition, even hacking DB and editing my char in the way I want wouldn´t be considered as cheating. Let me quote the Oxford dictionary: "cheat noun [singular]: something that seems unfair or dishonest, for example a way of doing something with less effort than it usually needs." Since controlling 2+ chars without any multiboxing software would take much more effort than in case when this software is being used, we can call this software cheat and anybody who uses it is a cheater. There would be also no way to win bg for 2 people playing with 10 chars without this software like it happened here: http://goo.gl/IMJrRL

"Secondly, Blizzard allows this, therefore it is "Blizz-like"."

This server is not Blizzlike. We can´t act like it is in ways we want and act like it isn´t in ways we don´t want. If we want Blizzlike rules, we need to remove instant 85 lvl and free gear. Not even talking about paying for acc. It is much easier to earn equipped char here than on Blizz server. That means we need different rules.

"And last, there is nothing a multi-boxer can do that a group of the same number of opposing characters cannot. Anyone is allowed, also. Which means you are more than welcome to retaliate against multi-boxers by multi-boxing against them. It raises challenge, competition, and fun to certain aspects of the game, for both multi-boxers and their opponents, where there would normally be none."

I can say literally the same about EMU Hack, WPE, or whatever else. Everybody can use it, so why is it not allowed? If everyone used it, nobody would have unfair advantade. What part of my theory is not true?

Even more. Multiboxers destroy game experience for whoever who wants to play regular WoW (most of the players) on both sites. Playing with multiboxer makes people bored because they don´t really have to do something. Playing against makes game unplayable therefore boring as well. I really don´t have time to create 15 accounts and I don´t even want to, because I want play regular PvP. If you want to support players who prefer multiboxing, the only way is creating realm just for them. Multiboxers vs regular players is simply unacceptable.

On the basis of the above I am definitly sure that multiboxing on Warsong should be considered as a cheating, therefore it must be definitly banned at least on Warsong realm.
    Edited: May 14, 2015 Reason: people didn´t notice end of the text

2. May 14, 2015  
    It's not cheating, period. It doesn't matter if you think it is. You're not correct.

3. May 14, 2015  
    I just proved it is. You should improve your skills in reading and/or understanding.

4. May 14, 2015  
    I just proved it is. You should improve your skills in reading and/or understanding.
    No, you didn't. You linked to the dictionary definition of cheating, which isn't relevant at all.

5. May 14, 2015  
    People will multibox to have fun. We're not banning them for that. You can multibox yourself if you'd like.

6. May 14, 2015  
    No, you didn't. You linked to the dictionary definition of cheating, which isn't relevant at all.
    Yes, I did. I will not talk about that anymore.

And even in case I didn´t, it changes nothing about the rest of my post, especially part about game experience. Positive game experience for MOST of the players is the only that matters. This is simple math for me. Lets look at WSG from screenshot for example. Two people enjoyed the game, ten people didn´t.

7. May 14, 2015  
    "cheat noun [singular]: something that seems unfair or dishonest, for example a way of doing something with less effort than it usually needs." Since controlling 2+ chars without any multiboxing software would take much more effort than in case when this software is being used, we can call this software cheat and anybody who uses it is a cheater.
    Communicating with your arena partner through skype takes less effort than typing out everything to them. CHEATING!!11!

Seriously though, multiboxing takes more effort than playing a single character, software or not, alot more than people give it credit for.

Btw, on that screenshot you linked, all I'm seeing is laziness. You're fighting 10 dps with an extremely low amount of self-healing available to them. They so happened to kill you on the opener by probably expending about all of their offensive cooldowns and a good portion of their defensives. Big deal, they don't even have your flag yet. Of course they're going to win if you just give up and sit in your graveyard like a complete moron.

But if you actually try, it doesn't take a genius to realise that all you need is enough people playing suicide runners on them to keep them locked in combat wherever (and eventually kill them as they can't heal themselves, bonus points for leaving them partially alive all over the map) while you have a dude with speed boosts running the flag in the corners of the BG. You had 3 druids on your team, and one of them is even going "I'm gonna cap" in chat.

Also, are you really THAT ashamed of your action bar setup that you need to cover it up? Assuming you're fire because of your molten armor buff, you do realise that Dragon's Breath -> ring of frost will have most multiboxers sitting in a full 12 seconds of CC while still able to take moderate damage, if executed properly? Also a proper combustion spread can easily range from 50-80% of the entire group's health. I've personally seen 2 fire mages take out a 10x frost DK on their own that way while I healed them. But of course that assumes that you're not going to just panic and DGB the anti-magic shield every time.

8. May 14, 2015  
    Yes, I did. I will not talk about that anymore.
    Right, because you have no point. It isn't cheating. Neither you nor Merriam-Webster get to decide what cheating is in WoW.

And even in case I didn´t, it changes nothing about the rest of my post, especially part about game experience. Positive game experience for MOST of the players is the only that matters. This is simple math for me. Lets look at WSG from screenshot for example. Two people enjoyed the game, ten people didn´t.
    Who cares? I don't enjoy getting roasted by a multiboxer either. It's still 100% legal and acceptable. Mods already told you no one is getting banned for multiboxing so your inane declarations that it should be bannable are worthless.

9. May 14, 2015  
    Why is this discussion even going on?

I mean, we have a guy who believes that MB is cheating, and who makes a point in ducking any questioning by saying "I proved it, therefore both you and I have nothing to say and I win!". Y'know, repeating the same thing over and over does NOT magically make it any more truthful.

That debate has been had too many times, with the exact same outcome each and every time. Warmane decides what they allow and what they don't allow. They choose to allow multiboxing, and have done so since their inception. The same old tired arguments won't make them change their minds, it's pointless.

I'd even argue that your debate tactics (ie: ducking people) are offensive and disrespectful to people who are willing to have an honest discussion on the matter, in addition to being completely redundant.

Oh, and before you go all "Are you a mod? No? Then shut up!" on me, I'm just stating your opinion, as you should be instead of acting all high and mighty, as if yours is the word of God.

10. May 14, 2015  
    Yep, Skype and controlling multiple characters at once is definitly the same thing.

Now to the relevant part of your comment. I never told it is not possible. I told that most of the players don´t want to play like that. Including me, of course. Secondly, tactic you described requires pretty good coordination. Nearly impossible without premade. Still talking about group of 10 good players fighting 1 or 2 average, but more likely bad players btw. Yep, some people can take it as a challenge. Result is good, they are happy because they got challenge, multiboxers are happy because they can multibox. But we forgot about regular players who want regular PvP.

This is maybe not that big problem on bigger realms, but once there are 3-4 active multiboxers at the same time, it is pretty much impossible to play BG whithout them. For someone like me, who has a few hours per week for playing and wants to play chilled BGs its disaster. I catch them in 4-5 games in a row so whole my positive game experience is gone.

If there is no way to completly ban multiboxing, it needs at least some rework or limitation. I have never seen someone saying "Oh yea, multiboxer! I will kick his *** with my awesome gameplay! Lets cooperate with me guys!". Its more likely instant leave or "Omg, again...Ban them pls."

No matter what we say, the fact is that most of people in BGs obviously doesn´t like it and that´s pretty good reason to do something about it.

#8 #9 Why are you even talking if you have obviously nothing to say? My arguments are valid until someone shows they are invalid. #8 didn´t do it 3rd time, so there is nothing more left to say from my site. I told my opinion, you answered "Nope, you´re wrong". So what do you expect me to say? Either you deny some part of my opinion and we can talk about it or we have nothing to talk about.
    Edited: May 14, 2015

11. May 14, 2015  
    tactic you described requires pretty good coordination. Nearly impossible without premade. Still talking about group of 10 good players fighting 1 or 2 average, but more likely bad players btw. Yep, some people can take it as a challenge. Result is good, they are happy because they got challenge, multiboxers are happy because they can multibox. But we forgot about regular players who want regular PvP.
    If you can't pull off any kind of coordination, even with a pug group, you lose. Very much doesn't matter if you're against a multiboxer or an enemy premade or just a better enemy pug. Running in with invisibility -> Dragon's Breath -> Ring of Frost is something you can do completely on your own, isn't even that hard to pull off, and even if you don't kill them on the first try because he trinketed or whatever else, it'll put pressure on them.

12. May 14, 2015  
    He's right, you're wrong, and here's why: in this environment, the Warmane staff decides what they consider as cheating. You don't. Simple as that. And you repeating that I'm wrong won't change any of that. The buck stops here.

Y'know... I'm an avid fan of multiboxing. However, it most definitely isn't for the reasons you think. I don't multibox to PvP, but rather to PvE.

No, I'm not lying. Unbelievable, I know. Someone who multiboxes for purposes other than PvP?!? I must either be the biggest liar on earth, or the loneliest loser on earth. Sadly for you and anyone else entertaining those delusional ideas, I'm neither.

Clearing dungeons on my own is quite efficient, I must say, and it brings a different element of challenge, especially when it comes to adapting to boss mechanics. And if I fail, I deal with it myself and adapt, instead of dealing with clueless people who can't figure out PvE mechanics if they watched video guides for the last 72 hours straight.

So here's how it goes: you come here and demand banning based on your own little whims? I won't allow your whims to mess with my fun.

Oh, and by the way, I'm no number. Call me by my name.

13. May 14, 2015  
    He's right, you're wrong, and here's why: in this environment, the Warmane staff decides what they consider as cheating. You don't. Simple as that. And you repeating that I'm wrong won't change any of that. The buck stops here.
    So you just told why is it allowed. Not why am I wrong. Got it?

Do what you want in PvE, it doesn´t affect another players. Use Death Touch if you want. And ofc, everybody will never be happy. So we need to make happy most of the people. 10 disgusted people per one satisfied multiboxer? Well...

If you can't pull off any kind of coordination, even with a pug group, you lose. Very much doesn't matter if you're against a multiboxer or an enemy premade or just a better enemy pug. Running in with invisibility -> Dragon's Breath -> Ring of Frost is something you can do completely on your own, isn't even that hard to pull off, and even if you don't kill them on the first try because he trinketed or whatever else, it'll put pressure on them.
    I don´t mind losing at all. That´s a game, someone win, someone lose. All I want is some funny BGs and as I said several times, this is not fun. If we are talking about me and my mage, BGs are my only choice. All my arena partners quit playing because of...nah, guess what...You know, they liked to play some BG from time to time and... But i wanted to talk in general.

14. May 14, 2015  
    So you just told why is it allowed. Not why am I wrong. Got it?
    Here you go again, twisting words to your liking. I didn't state why it was allowed; I clearly stated that Warmane decides what cheating is within your environment, and that you do NOT. And that is why you are wrong in your assessment that multiboxing is cheating within the Warmane environment, as it is not. Your interpretation is not factual; what Warmane states on that account is, given that it is THEIR environment, NOT yours. I know it's hard to envision that things don't always go your way, but that's how things are here. You don't get to decide, they do.

Got it?

Do what you want in PvE, it doesn´t affect another players. Use Death Touch if you want. And ofc, everybody will never be happy. So we need to make happy most of the people. 10 disgusted people per one satisfied multiboxer? Well...
    You didn't sing that tune earlier on. You called for a ban of multiboxing straight up. Be honest with yourself, man up and stand by your original statement instead of backtracking.

15. May 14, 2015  
    Y'know... I'm an avid fan of multiboxing. However, it most definitely isn't for the reasons you think. I don't multibox to PvP, but rather to PvE.
    Eh. I kinda miss PvE. Always a pain to make up a raid roster that can fit around a 4-boxer on low-pop servers though (since I don't want to PvE somewhere where you can donate for full raid gear). And by now I know the WotLK and Cataclysm 5-man heroics in and out. Cata's are still fun sometimes, but WotLK's are such a faceroll..

123 Last