1. May 15, 2015  

About WotLK expansion and Warmane development

So wrath of the lich king is your main product, the thing that attracts most players here and brings you the most money. And the first thing for every successful company is to make their main product perfect and just after when they can improve nothing else on it they move to other products. So now how much time is it since the release of that expansion 7 or 6 years ? I play only pve and only WotLK so i can't speak for the rest, but for 6 years of "improvement" what do you offer to your players ? 1600 bugs and missing content, i'm sure if you had paid to 1 programmer through all those 6 years to work on the expansion we would have a much better game today. We (the players) are loosing from this but you are loosing more, because if the game was working as intended those servers would be full day and night i'm sure and the donations will flow like a river. Now i am playing WoW from just 3 months but i can tell you if someone says he made a donation everyone laughs at him. Because he is paying for ****. What is you current focus? Mist of pandaria - why ? Is it where the most people, play or Warlords of Draednor which lost 2.9 million players for the first 3 months of this year or you haven't red that news ? If your owner was infront of me right now, i would of gave him a nice slap in the face. Because he doesn't know his company priorities and lets so much money get away in unrealized profits.
    Edited: May 15, 2015

2. May 15, 2015  
    True that. I have seen a better repack of WoTLK than this emulation that is currently used for Warmane's WOTLK servers. After that "Titanic" period they should have taken the repack that is working 99.99% as intended. There is a similar repack for Cataclysm, too. Yet instead they went with their testing/unfinished cores. Why? That i don't know. There are many things started, yet a small fraction actually done. Who knows, we maybe see something new in the upcoming weeks/months. I kinda get a feeling that they finally grasped the situation as it is right now and that they are getting serious now. Let's see what happens.

3. May 15, 2015  
    Moltens development speed was always kind of slowish.
    You will tell me, it is private servers, not Blizzard with hundreds of developers, but hey like 90% of Blizzard developers are actually working on creating the game not only fixing bugs. Private server developers dont have to invent wheel again.
    I imagine WoW simulators have almost all pieces of original data available, you just have to put them together in right order. Millions of lines...it is easy to mess smth up. There are enough small private servers where most of the things work, I cant believe they have more developers than Warmane.
    With the in-come of Warmane you should be capable of getting enough resources to increase the speed of fixing bugs.
    Tell me where I am wrong and dont close this thread like one below where people just made some criticism and opinion, all we ask is some transparency.

4. May 15, 2015  
    So wrath of the lich king is your main product, the thing that attracts most players here and brings you the most money. And the first thing for every successful company is to make their main product perfect and just after when they can improve nothing else on it they move to other products. So now how much time is it since the release of that expansion 7 or 6 years ? I play only pve and only WotLK so i can't speak for the rest, but for 6 years of "improvement" what do you offer to your players ? 1600 bugs and missing content, i'm sure if you had paid to 1 programmer through all those 6 years to work on the expansion we would have a much better game today. We (the players) are loosing from this but you are loosing more, because if the game was working as intended those servers would be full day and night i'm sure and the donations will flow like a river. Now i am playing WoW from just 3 months but i can tell you if someone says he made a donation everyone laughs at him. Because he is paying for ****. What is you current focus? Mist of pandaria - why ? Is it where the most people, play or Warlords of Draednor which lost 2.9 million players for the first 3 months of this year or you haven't red that news ? If your owner was infront of me right now, i would of gave him a nice slap in the face. Because he doesn't know his company priorities and lets so much money get away in unrealized profits.
    I AGREE 100%!!! I could totally handle and i'm sure many others could handle WoTLK not working a 100%, but as it stands right now, i'd call it at around 65% and that feels awfully generous, don't you think? Let's see, broken classes/spec, missing raids, broken bosses, so many broken quest i lost count, other bugs like combat bug, and plenty of other known issues that I can't even begin to think up. I'm absolutely horrified to say it, but I don't think things are going to get better. Cata servers have been around for a while to and things haven't gotten any better there either, so what'd they do? They fixed cata....woah wait a moment? They fixed cata? Sorry, fingers got ahead of me there, the released MoP and are working on WoG...I mean WoD and I can't even begin to understand why they would wanna work on WoD as it's by far the worst expansion since Cata, seriously...MoP was a step in the right direction, WoD was Blizzard slapping their fans, their subscripers and giving us a turd and lol here we are, at Warmane and guess what? They wanna waste time and resource to actually make a WoD server, do they even have enough people here to have a fully functional WoD? They just had to shut down a MoP server as MoP wasn't highly favored.

Anyways, TL/DR i agree with you open, well said. Warmane has gone full ****** and you never go full ******.

5. May 15, 2015  
    Demand more love for !
    Currently, there are over 1200 open bugs and counting in the expansion with the most players.

6. May 15, 2015  
    Warmane is not owned, but I will answer your post on behalf of staff. Neither is Warmane a business, but a community where inspiration to create the best overall gameplay experience that we're capable of. Warmane is successful enough to be viewed or desired by "some" people as a business. Subject of donations is also not important nor is the priority for us, but seems to be a priority for you instead. I hope this response will be useful to cast away some of the wrong thoughts you have, which will continue growing unless explained and can be used as a reference for similar confusion.

Wrath of the Lich King development has had majority of development dedicated to it, but over time as the core was improved, so did the remaining bugs prove to be:

a) Highly time consuming. Requiring significant rewrite of the code by dedicating one or two developers for months without any visible progress just to achieve Malygos's flight work properly, which is for example spline system, and once implemented and inevitably broke many existing end-game encounters such as the Gunship battle, which (together with many other scripts) at the time of implementation was scripted without the current spline system. It has now been 2 times that spline system was launched live, unsuccessfully, retracted and worked on further in the background by at least 2 developers for months now.

b) We haven't been able to to fix something simply because it is beyond the skill level of a developer.

c) Priorities lay on more pressing matters. More pressing matters include fixing Cataclysm which is missing 70% of non-end game content and starting zones, Mists of Pandaria having 90% of end-game content missing compared to Wrath of the Lich King's 5% and is in a very good condition comparatively as well as constant crash fixes, lag corrections, memory leaks, hundreds of exploits, underground gold dupes and external trade systems etc. All of these require constant immediate attention and comprise majority of maintaining and developing a private server on a daily basis.

Your post is also very shortsighted. Mists of Pandaria has nearly the same population as Wrath of the Lich King, while lacking much more content and potentially having a lot of improvements to implement (expansion experience not included, which is subjective). Your post literally demands that we dismiss everything else and focus on Wrath of the Lich King - which is in a MUCH better working condition. Your post dismisses that at least as many players as on Wrath of the Lich King are playing on Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria realms while having much worse experience. We've been there and seen those awesome ac-web repacks with "99% of content working", at the end of the day nothing and nobody is holding anyone from playing there and it is ultimately your own choice to play here or not.

Warmane is not a business, it's a private server that is successful by people's choices and is able to maintain itself, develop and fund and allocates them correctly, even considering the disasters that had happened to some of the staff members and events that must be considered when considering Wrath of the Lich King core and its 2 years of development, or lack of it. Your post either does not care or know about these things. Wrath of the Lich King had more attention to it in the last 2 months of hell and disaster, than it had in the last 2 years of peace and flourishing. At the end of the day, even though some people don't know many things and don't care (as seen in your post) Wrath of the Lich King always has attention from us and will continue having attention. Criticism is welcome and vital, but only if helpful and points out shortcomings on our side. In a post like yours it doesn't include or is aware of many other processes that take place in the background that can directly impact what we want vs what we are able to.

We are constantly working and improving, I can say it on behalf of staff and our results are the updates that take place everywhere we can. As for your last sentence, Warmane is not a company, nor is it a business or a business model, and considering how much you care, I recommend you educate yourself further on the subject of how private servers are run and Warmane as well. We know our priorities very well and very clearly with respect to what we can do, can't do, should do and shouldn't do. Unfortunately if we did everything we wanted to do or everything players wanted us to do, we would stop existing long ago, please keep these things in mind and once you do, any further criticism with respect to the things I pointed out is welcome and will be helpful for us to improve.

7. May 15, 2015  
    Warmane is not owned, but I will answer your post on behalf of staff. Neither is Warmane a business, but a community where inspiration to create the best overall gameplay experience that we're capable of. Warmane is successful enough to be viewed or desired by "some" people as a business. Subject of donations is also not important nor is the priority for us, but seems to be a priority for you instead. I hope this response will be useful to cast away some of the wrong thoughts you have, which will continue growing unless explained and can be used as a reference for similar confusion.

Wrath of the Lich King development has had majority of development dedicated to it, but over time as the core was improved, so did the remaining bugs prove to be:

a) Highly time consuming. Requiring significant rewrite of the code by dedicating one or two developers for months without any visible progress just to achieve Malygos's flight work properly, which is for example spline system, and once implemented and inevitably broke many existing end-game encounters such as the Gunship battle, which (together with many other scripts) at the time of implementation was scripted without the current spline system. It has now been 2 times that spline system was launched live, unsuccessfully, retracted and worked on further in the background by at least 2 developers for months now.

b) We haven't been able to to fix something simply because it is beyond the skill level of a developer.

c) Priorities lay on more pressing matters. More pressing matters include fixing Cataclysm which is missing 70% of non-end game content and starting zones, Mists of Pandaria having 90% of end-game content missing compared to Wrath of the Lich King's 5% and is in a very good condition comparatively as well as constant crash fixes, lag corrections, memory leaks, hundreds of exploits, underground gold dupes and external trade systems etc. All of these require constant immediate attention and comprise majority of maintaining and developing a private server on a daily basis.

Your post is also very shortsighted. Mists of Pandaria has nearly the same population as Wrath of the Lich King, while lacking much more content and potentially having a lot of improvements to implement (expansion experience not included, which is subjective). Your post literally demands that we dismiss everything else and focus on Wrath of the Lich King - which is in a MUCH better working condition. Your post dismisses that at least as many players as on Wrath of the Lich King are playing on Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria realms while having much worse experience. We've been there and seen those awesome ac-web repacks with "99% of content working", at the end of the day nothing and nobody is holding anyone from playing there and it is ultimately your own choice to play here or not.

Warmane is not a business, it's a private server that is successful by people's choices and is able to maintain itself, develop and fund and allocates them correctly, even considering the disasters that had happened to some of the staff members and events that must be considered when considering Wrath of the Lich King core and its 2 years of development, or lack of it. Your post either does not care or know about these things. Wrath of the Lich King had more attention to it in the last 2 months of hell and disaster, than it had in the last 2 years of peace and flourishing. At the end of the day, even though some people don't know many things and don't care (as seen in your post) Wrath of the Lich King always has attention from us and will continue having attention. Criticism is welcome and vital, but only if helpful and points out shortcomings on our side. In a post like yours it doesn't include or is aware of many other processes that take place in the background that can directly impact what we want vs what we are able to.

We are constantly working and improving, I can say it on behalf of staff and our results are the updates that take place everywhere we can. As for your last sentence, Warmane is not a company, nor is it a business or a business model, and considering how much you care, I recommend you educate yourself further on the subject of how private servers are run and Warmane as well. We know our priorities very well and very clearly with respect to what we can do, can't do, should do and shouldn't do. Unfortunately if we did everything we wanted to do or everything players wanted us to do, we would stop existing long ago, please keep these things in mind and once you do, any further criticism with respect to the things I pointed out is welcome and will be helpful for us to improve.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/xgz9nkR

I couldn't resist...

8. May 15, 2015  
    Kaer. We respect you and Molten/Warmane for bringing us the ability to experience WOTLK expansion once again. But if I may suggest something, as a player. Now I am talking only about wotlk. What a player hates most is not Boss malfunction, not low population, not hackers around, not los bugs, pets etc. What a player hates the most is his class bugs. Everyone hates when their favorite class has crucial bugs or simply bugs. If only classes worked well noone would even complain about Boss bugs and ICC scripting, because they would be equal by everything. People hate when they lose duel cos of their class has some bug. They hate when paladin overdps the whole raid with 20% difference although everyone know that paladin wasnt that good dps back on retail. People hate when they get rekted cos of resiliance bugs. Those people just stop playing or find a server where their class works similar as it should. So, my suggestion is, all resources available for WOTLK development should be focused on class fixes. This would make people happy trust me. Is it right people?

9. May 15, 2015  
    Kaer. We respect you and Molten/Warmane for bringing us the ability to experience WOTLK expansion once again. But if I may suggest something, as a player. Now I am talking only about wotlk. What a player hates most is not Boss malfunction, not low population, not hackers around, not los bugs, pets etc. What a player hates the most is his class bugs. Everyone hates when their favorite class has crucial bugs or simply bugs. If only classes worked well noone would even complain about Boss bugs and ICC scripting, because they would be equal by everything. People hate when they lose duel cos of their class has some bug. They hate when paladin overdps the whole raid with 20% difference although everyone know that paladin wasnt that good dps back on retail. People hate when they get rekted cos of resiliance bugs. Those people just stop playing or find a server where their class works similar as it should. So, my suggestion is, all resources available for WOTLK development should be focused on class fixes. This would make people happy trust me. Is it right people?
    I highly doubt that there is any private server that has better WotlK classes working, especially considering that ex-AT team is part of Warmane team as well. That said, I agree and understand that it's class bugs that matter the most and we've always prioritized class bugs. Now let's compare Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria again, and consider that there are also players there - equally important, suffering from more issues, more important issues and missing some abilities completely (i.e. Hunter's Stampede).

You are right, but so are Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria players and they experience worse than you do. The subject of resilience was beaten and worked on many times. From experience we've seen that it has been mainly a speculation without proof. Someone goes on global "y resil is bugged here" and players that don't have knowledge of how resilience formulas and coefficients work (90%) are unable to agree or disagree and are inclined to think that the statement was true. Next up, they follow and do the same elsewhere, then on forum etc and a false impression that resilience is bugged is created. I have seen and been present on at least 3 corrections to resilience in the past, but haven't seen the latest report, but such reports require proof and references to what exactly is not working correctly according to which sources. Until it is done, no changes will be made because existing corrections have been thoroughly gathered and corrected over years, not including Blackrock's widely accepted and praised coefficient formulas (if they are any different).

Once again, I understand you, I know what it's like to lose to someone on a duel and sometimes want to blame it on lag and bugs, it's part of rage that is inevitable in gaming. I also think many topics, vocal and angry, are caused by exactly that - getting rekt (rightfully or due to bugs) and not knowing where to vent the steam, sometimes those expressions result in forum bans, which should not be the case.

I'd like to remind that upcoming BugTracker will be different to the current crap. It will be integrated into the website, have the same account, have a vote system and bugs will be prioritized on what community members vote up. Simple, effective and our own that will be enhanced and improved as we deem necessary without limitations and drawbacks of current one.

10. May 15, 2015  
    Kaer, you should seriously consider implementing a system to reward players who help reporting bugs. Myself I have reported 50 and one of them was a serious crash fix (fixed in the last changelog) and I feel like we the reporters and triagers should be given some support.

11. May 15, 2015  
    Kaer, you should seriously consider implementing a system to reward players who help reporting bugs. Myself I have reported 50 and one of them was a serious crash fix (fixed in the last changelog) and I feel like we the reporters and triagers should be given some support.
    We can implement that. New BugTracker reports based on author and how many of that author's reports were confirmed.

12. May 15, 2015  
    You're rewarded with said bugs being fixed.

13. May 15, 2015  
    You're rewarded with said bugs being fixed.
    We had always rewarded critical bug reporters, although not in an organized manner. For example critical exploit bug reports were rewarded with coins.

14. May 15, 2015  
    I kind of got my job because of my activity on the bug tracker. Being active will be noticed obviously

15. May 15, 2015  
    We had always rewarded critical bug reporters, although not in an organized manner. For example critical exploit bug reports were rewarded with coins.
    Ah yeah, I do remember hearing about that in the past. Though, the ones I reported were already known of apparently.

123 Last