1. May 16, 2015  
    In theory and in practice, the less expansions the better focus and better quality can be. For example let's say we have 15 developers, if there are 3 expansions then it would take 5 developers working on each expansion. If we had 2 expansions, 7-8 developers on each, if one expansion then everyone would be working on a single expansion.
    just for let you know mister wolf you should put a team to fix entire quest of the expasion is really buggin leveling and we need new arenas map in Cataclysm.

2. May 16, 2015  
    We had far too many realms opened after the Moltdown. And they were full for a month (while the booster packs and rates etc. were active).

What made so many people join then become inactive?

It was because everyone hoped that a new start is something great. Later it turned out not to be true. So the idea of "The Promised Land" - wishing for a new expansion (TBC) where everyone will have a "fresh start" and "enjoy the old content" and "experience it once again" etc. etc. seems fun until you actually have to play it.

Then you will once again be stuck with TBC realm with reclining population, less and less active players and all in all - just another empty realm that will initially drain the population from the other 5-6 ones, and then is going to die for good. It may become Single-Player-Online and ruin your TBC experience.

If you want a decent (serious and active) TBC realm you first need a major number of players ready to start playing and keep playing there. Despite the numerous requests for TBC I do believe there are far less people that intend on playing that expansion.

The same happened to the Cataclysm realms. It all seems fun for a while while it's still fresh.

3. May 16, 2015  
    I say drop Cataclysm development, get that Green developer, people are talking about, to work on MoP.
    In current wow private server market there is lack of good MoP servers, you can take markets leading position from this and be rewarded by more people joining Warmane.
    I watched all Dodgykebab private server reviews and unfortunately there are better old expansion servers out there. Why would you focus on expansions(WOTLK and Cataclysm) which will not attract more people. Focus on MoP and be leaders of market.
    Definitely dont need TBC and I feel like Cataclysm is just an obstacle like it was on Blizzard servers. Some kind of mid-way expansion...only eating your resources.

4. May 17, 2015  
    Would I play on a TBC server? Maybe. It was an enticing expansion - but that was back when it was new. The content was fabulous, but a large portion of the excitement and the pleasure came from the fact that it was a massive expansion in terms of new content, and it had almost entirely novel additions, like flying mounts, the Outlands, space goats, etc. etc. Not to mention that most of the friends I enjoyed playing it with are long gone.

Also, I find this quote pretty comical:
    It takes a pretty mental person to sit there and not see the how obvious it is, how easy it'd be to put up a Vanilla and TBC server.
    It takes a pretty arrogant person to claim implementing another separate expansion, whilst Molten is already handling three across multiple realms, is easy. You forget that developers are not superhuman, and reducing the number of developers per expansion through the introduction of yet another expansion will just result in four to five expansions that have no appreciable progress on their scripting.

5. May 17, 2015  
    why to play tbc when you can play better expansion-wotlk?

6. May 17, 2015  
    The fact that simply deleting an expansion and trashing everyone's characters on purpose is even remotely on the table is breathtaking.

7. May 17, 2015  
    I was not around playing WoW when TBC was in it's heyday (I started playing during Wrath), so I wouldn't have a clue as to 'how good it was back then' or experience the same nostalgic moments as many players.
    It would be cool to check out and play TBC because there was no Stormwind Harbor so transportation was limited, as well as no land mounts until Level 40! :O
    So I'm not so sure how I would survive in the game, but yes I would play on a TBC server just to see what it is like.
    However, Molten is not the best place to host a TBC realm because the server is moving forward so there are more important things to focus on with the current expansions.

8. May 17, 2015  
    We have no plans to have additional expansion. It would inevitably degrade time we can allocate to existing expansions, instead considering everything - we are looking at an opportunity to have 2 expansions. One of them Wrath of the Lich King, another one something else. That said, as long as there is demand by the community we will continue supporting and developing all current expansions.
    Just a question.... IF for example Cataclysm would be "gone", what will happen with green_dev?
    Also devs don't work (much) cross-expansion right?
    Does this aswell means that Warmane won't be looking at the expansion after WoD when it comes?
    Edited: May 17, 2015

9. May 17, 2015  
    If there will be 2 expansions one of them will definitely be WOTLK, the other one should be Cataclysm, MoP or WoD.
    Cataclysm is/was trash everyone know it. Everyone was skeptical about MoP but when they tried, it was actually not that bad, personally it is my favorite expansion not counting WOTLK, but after years of playing WOTLK I had to move forward. I never played WoD on Blizzard servers but tried it on AT and it was one of the worst experiences I had...at least in PvP, I felt like it was MOBA, 5 skill keyboard smash for every class. There are so much drama in Blizz forums about PvE also. So I would say Warmane should develop WOTLK and MoP. I know it will be hard decision to shut down Cataclysm but for the future sake it will be worth it...once I was also Cataclysm player and when Molten announced MoP opening I thought I will never go to these panda lands, pokemons, Asian theme, million damage numbers etc. but believe me it is worth it.

10. May 17, 2015  
    If you are going to delete cataclysm will I get my coins back so I can invest in another expansion? So far I invested all of my coins in cata thats why I am wondering.

11. May 17, 2015  
    If you are going to delete cataclysm will I get my coins back so I can invest in another expansion? So far I invested all of my coins in cata thats why I am wondering.
    No expansions are getting deleted. That is not what was said.

Would I play TBC? Probably not. I play Vanilla and TBC on retail and LOVED it. But the gameplay is too slow and outdated. There's also massive class imbalance, especially in PVP. TBC was fun on retail, when people were questing and doing things in the world like Halaa and Zangarmarsh questing etc. It would not have enough population to be fun on a private server.

12. May 17, 2015  
    Yes.

I would give an arm and a leg to have a TBC realm here, preferably on some mixture of cMangos/Oregon core. However, I and many others who are aware of how the private server scene works and the downfall of WoW population generally (both retail and private server population dwindling) know that it simply isn't a very viable option for Warmane or any other private server out there for the time being.

13. May 17, 2015  
    No expansions are getting deleted. That is not what was said.

Would I play TBC? Probably not. I play Vanilla and TBC on retail and LOVED it. But the gameplay is too slow and outdated. There's also massive class imbalance, especially in PVP. TBC was fun on retail, when people were questing and doing things in the world like Halaa and Zangarmarsh questing etc. It would not have enough population to be fun on a private server.
    +1 There is one huge server already with tbc and population is below 1000, so yeah. Its too old. And yes pvp is imbalanced. People will qq about slow gearing, again you need arena rate for gear blah... For me its like going backward from wotlk expansion. I can only understand nostalgic people who played it on retail. In one time I was like cmon warmane open tbc but nah, it will be low populated but maybe I would try it.

14. May 17, 2015  
    I hope you guys are joking about deleting cata and mop for tbc

It will be without me molten

Thanks but no thanks

15. May 17, 2015  
    You will get bored playing TBC or Vanilla after one week or even less.
    It is a pain to level up in older expansions, even WOTLK is not easy one. No mounts until high level, grinding for gold to learn spells and afford riding, sucky traveling options, no dungeon/raid finder etc...
    It will be bad experience for casual players.
    I am crossing fingers for old raid and dungeon fixes in MoP, it will give me nostalgia which actually a lot of people desire. Grinding for transmogs, titles and mounts is fun and the best part is that you can do all low tier raids with small group or even soloing in MoP gear.

Old raids and dungeons is a must, even without scripts people will appreciate that very much, with MoP gear bosses will be rekt without triggering any scripts...I do not understand why you can not give us this option.

First 123 Last