1. May 16, 2015  

A Sci Fi MMO like WoW?

This will be a rant slash help for looking for a game like WoW but based on a science fiction theme. For one, a lot of the games that are based on space themes but they have a lot of downfalls for a guy like me. One, my laptop is an average laptop that can somewhat handle games up to 2012. So a majority of games are going to cause my laptop to explode (please do not say get a new modern one as funds in my life are already tight). Two, beggers cannot be choosers but I am stubborn. In point, I do not like 2-D games, shooters vary depending on a storyline and amount of gameplay, I dislike PvP (though I can PvP I like PvE more than PvP), and finally, the themes seem to be more childish at times as I want more mature and "slick" visual of the game ( I do not mean mature as more sex but more actual than running around with a character that hangs out with Kirby). Three, a lot of the games that I would play are not separate from a recognized plot. Sure there is SW:TOR but games like EvE Online or even a game that is similar to WoW but sci fi based are not really out there. Is there something out there that is F2P, sci fi, and my laptop is able to handle or do I need to sell one of my kidneys?

2. May 16, 2015  

3. May 16, 2015  

4. May 16, 2015  
    Black Desert Online

5. May 18, 2015  
    You said it yourself.. SW:TOR.
    Apart from that I don't know of any other F2P Sci-Fi MMORPGs.

6. May 18, 2015  
    lies! we have Wildstar
    So is EVE then; and WoW too. Since you can pay your gametime with ingame currency in all three.

7. May 18, 2015  
    So is EVE then; and WoW too. Since you can pay your gametime with ingame currency in all three.
    Well with Eve, I cannot just up and buy a PLEX right off. Let alone, to be able to get just one PLEX I would need to not be able to enjoy myself at first. Yeah, yeah...excuses, excuses. Still a big point. But with the new WoW buy a monthly subscription coin...now why would I do that when I have Warmane? (The cheese slowly drips off of the sentence) Might not be as workable as retail but I am predominantly happy with what Warmane brings. But I guess all the games are very limited in what I am asking for.

8. May 18, 2015  

9. May 18, 2015  
    Phantasy star online 2, but there are only Japanese and South East Asia servers. Japan servers require a translation patch and proxy to connect to (there's a handy dandy installer which takes care of both) and the Japan servers have much more end game content, South East Asia servers are in English (it's not a very good translation from what I've heard but a lot of the Japan patch is missing non important text) but lack content compared to Japan servers. Sega promised American servers when they announced the game, but they're nowhere to be found