1. May 17, 2015  

Stuck on DK tank gear progression

I'm currently sitting at around 4.6 k GS after I got queldelar and this other sword I got from the AH. I'm also a frost tank, which in my opinion is just so weak. Plus all my gear is tank gear, meaning that dps would be a huge hassle to switch to. Most times, even in just POS N I can get easily destroyed by the last boss and the Ick and what ever his name is boss while tanking. So my questions are:

Should I just switch to blood? If so, how in world would i get a decent two-handed weapon?

I'm stuck. I can't do POShcor FOShc since I got all the gear but I can't do either of them in heroic either since I get one shotted as a tank. What should I do?

edit: I mean't I could't do POS or FOS hc not Normals lol.. sorry
    Edited: May 18, 2015

2. May 17, 2015  
    Don't worry about the weapon I'm also gearing a dk tank, in my opinion blood tank is the best because of rune tap and the other healing u get from it, I don't have much experience as a tank but just collect emblems get some 5+ k gs with them and take whatever good 2h weapon with primary stat strength I am currently with the one from PoS Normal that drops from Garfrost, good luck (: as for Tyranus he sometimes kills me too but u can get a fly good trinket for 50 triumph emblems that gives u massive dodge rate, use it when he enrages use your death pact rune tap and death strike even if healer is not that good u can do, remember to BB as well when you're tanking multiple targets

3. May 17, 2015  
    How are you getting 1 shotted in heroic dungeons and by normal bosses? Are you not defense capped, or are you using the wrong presence or something?

4. May 18, 2015  
    Tbh there's just no way you can't tank POSn with 4.6k tank, no matter which class he is, by now you should be pretty fine tanking most of hc's.

There must be something wrong with your gameplay.

5. May 18, 2015  
    To Ramkec, I completely agree with you. I see plenty of tanks geared well below and are doing perfectly fine. Idk.. I think it's because of bad tactics (standing in toxic waste for too long) Got any tips?

edit: I meant heroics not normals lol. I can do normals perfectly fine

To Mahourai, I'm in frost presence. No, i'm not def capped. I'm still gearing, plus I'm not sure if i'm supposed to def capped with my gear..

And to Darthmus, Yeah, i'm currently trying out both specs but I only got the two handed sword from Ebon Hold because, for some reason the last time I tried to wield a hammer as a dk, it wouldn't let me.

6. May 18, 2015  
    I took some nice items with vote points. 239 lvl. Also in Dalaran or Toc npc's of Eots u'll find head, shoulders, ring and trinket that will boost you to 5k gs. The tanking back with vote points its very pretty. Do rdf do toc 10 and voa, gather Eots and aim for eots merchants. Cheers.

Edit: also check this thread:http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....eld-Frost-Tank

Check the enchants. Google them to see which reputatio u'll need in order to receive them. Also I took the Obliterate spec for the Howling blast. Read that thread well and u'll survive.

7. May 18, 2015  
    To Mahourai, I'm in frost presence. No, i'm not def capped. I'm still gearing, plus I'm not sure if i'm supposed to def capped with my gear..

And to Darthmus, Yeah, i'm currently trying out both specs but I only got the two handed sword from Ebon Hold because, for some reason the last time I tried to wield a hammer as a dk, it wouldn't let me.
    Your "gearscore" is not relevant if you can still get critically hit. Get defense capped. This is literally your first priority as a tank, before you do anything else. You will die to absolutely everything otherwise because mobs will randomly be able to hit you for double damage.

You have to train weapon skills in Wrath by learning them at a weapon master first.

8. May 18, 2015  
    In order to tank properly you need to get defcapped. The cap is 535 defense rating for heroics and 540 for raids. There are no ifs, buts or maybes here, as a tank you're supposed to be uncrittable in PVE. All three specs are viable for tanking as a DK, but most people go for blood because it's 'the' tank spec due to all the self-sustain. It all comes down to preference and it isn't that big of a deal until the real endgame.

Gearing in WOTLK is very simple, just time consuming. Here are some easy things you can do to get gear:
    *Join an ICC rep farm - there's usually no gear requirement and it will give you the best ring in the game after a few runs
    *Grind TOC5/FOS/POS until you've got all the gear you want - these dungeons award ridiculously good gear compared to difficulty/gear needed. You don't have to do this as a tank if you don't have the gear to tank it.
    *Reputation gear - you'll need some exalted reps to get the faction enchants so there's no reason to skip out on these. Most factions should have at least one item for you.
    *Last and most importantly - grind heroics. You'll get enchanting mats (assuming there's an enchanter in the group), gold and 1 triumph per boss and another 2 triumphs and a decent lump of gold once you finish the RDF. Triumph badges will get you 4/5 T9 and almost full ilevel 245 gear, well enough to tank even ICC.

Either be a douchebag leech and queue up as a DPS until you can tank or blow all your gold on getting defcapped and then grind, grind, grind. Once you get rolling you'll get it all back within a few days.

9. May 18, 2015  
    In order to tank properly you need to get defcapped. The cap is 535 defense rating for heroics and 540 for raids. There are no ifs, buts or maybes here, as a tank you're supposed to be uncrittable in PVE. All three specs are viable for tanking as a DK, but most people go for blood because it's 'the' tank spec due to all the self-sustain. It all comes down to preference and it isn't that big of a deal until the real endgame.

Gearing in WOTLK is very simple, just time consuming. Here are some easy things you can do to get gear:
    *Join an ICC rep farm - there's usually no gear requirement and it will give you the best ring in the game after a few runs
    *Grind TOC5/FOS/POS until you've got all the gear you want - these dungeons award ridiculously good gear compared to difficulty/gear needed. You don't have to do this as a tank if you don't have the gear to tank it.
    *Reputation gear - you'll need some exalted reps to get the faction enchants so there's no reason to skip out on these. Most factions should have at least one item for you.
    *Last and most importantly - grind heroics. You'll get enchanting mats (assuming there's an enchanter in the group), gold and 1 triumph per boss and another 2 triumphs and a decent lump of gold once you finish the RDF. Triumph badges will get you 4/5 T9 and almost full ilevel 245 gear, well enough to tank even ICC.

Either be a douchebag leech and queue up as a DPS until you can tank or blow all your gold on getting defcapped and then grind, grind, grind. Once you get rolling you'll get it all back within a few days.
    What do you mean pay gold to be def capped?

10. May 18, 2015  
    Probably means buying BoE's.

11. May 20, 2015  
    There's the ridiculously expensive BoE gear but I meant blowing all your available cash on gems and enchants. Even if you have a ****ty blue tanking cloak you'll replace soon it's still worth to get +16 def enchanted on it if it will help you get defcapped. As soon as you can begin farming heroics everything will snowball in your favor so it's a good investment.