1. May 21, 2015  

2. May 21, 2015  
    Though i admit the fact that about 90%+ of the server cannot play (or apparently read) has contributed to the silly requirements and jjjjj's response is in many cases the main driving factor for the gs req.

However there is also this basic fact: The higher everyone's gear level, the less competition there is going to be for drops.

P.S. in PvE "skilled" simply means capable of reading a page or watching a video and not brain-dead.
    Edited: May 21, 2015

3. May 21, 2015  
    P.S. in PvE "skilled" simply means capable of reading a page or watching a video and not brain-dead.
    No. Just no. Sorry.

4. May 21, 2015  
    After wipe with 1-2 days when somepeople got the gear i asked for invite for FOS/POS farm that person asked me 6k gs

5. May 22, 2015  
    I was really hoping that the GS requirements will somewhat diminish after what happened to Molten. But then it got even worse... :-( 5k gs even for a POS run... I'm gonna do soLo again one day.

6. May 22, 2015  
    The answer is simple: people aren't doing it for fun, to learn how the encounters are, to teach others how the encounters are. They are doing it with the single aim of succeeding, and since anything that is below over-the-top won't guarantee that with strangers, they blow requirements out of proportion.

7. May 22, 2015  
    The answer is simple: people aren't doing it for fun, to learn how the encounters are, to teach others how the encounters are. They are doing it with the single aim of succeeding, and since anything that is below over-the-top won't guarantee that with strangers, they blow requirements out of proportion.
    Very well said.

8. May 22, 2015  
    You shouldn't care what the randoms @ global say, like really.
    Because if they can host it, why wouldn't you? Are they special or something? No. Just host it urself = problem solved.

9. May 22, 2015  
    You shouldn't care what the randoms @ global say, like really.
    Because if they can host it, why wouldn't you? Are they special or something? No. Just host it urself = problem solved.
    The question is... what raid would people most likely join in.
    would you risk joining an icc raid which you could probably tell it might end on deathbringer saurfang or even gunship if people are failing...
    or join an icc raid with requirements/achivs that would most likely help you clear the entire instance?

its true that anyone can host a raid - and as a player, i'd rather pick the raid which would most likely succeed.

10. May 22, 2015  
    This thread sums up the entire of Warmane's community with respect to how they operate.

Most of this community is made up of young children who cannot comprehend simple tactics, being the reason that 90% of PuGs fail a simple Icecrown Citadel raid that players during retail could kill with 5k gearscore.

The difference being: during retail you had to pay to play, meaning more adults were involved in playing the game; where this game is free and attracts the young children. Secondly, lots of people use the pay to win feature to acquire 6k gearscore, which is the largest fallacy in the game. You can ask for 6k+ gearscore but have no idea how to play your class or the tactics regarding the boss.

Source(s) - experience from playing on Wrath of the Lich King realm(s).

11. May 26, 2015  
    I agree the Deathwing community really not friendly to new players (you basically need to outgear the raid or dungeon you want to join) but sometimes I have to agree with the hostility. Today a warlock was doing 800 dps with 6k gs... he was only using drain life, nothing else and couldn't speak english, so he didn't understand what was wrong.

I used to play on Molten some years ago (I had a hunter named Taurenrogue) and the environment back then was much better but also it looks like the players were better too, at least they knew how to press a button. I joined to see if it was fun to play again but I think I will go other realms. Good luck and don't forget to outgear the instance you want to enter.

12. May 26, 2015  
    Here's how you do it:

1. get the best VP gear for your class
    2. get in ICC rep farms for the best Ashen Verdict Ring
    3. Observe you GS, which is still too low
    4. Rant about it
    5. Donate and buy the ICC/Tier 10 gear everyone wants for Early Wrath content

13. May 27, 2015  
    This thread sums up the entire of Warmane's community with respect to how they operate.

Most of this community is made up of young children who cannot comprehend simple tactics, being the reason that 90% of PuGs fail a simple Icecrown Citadel raid that players during retail could kill with 5k gearscore.

The difference being: during retail you had to pay to play, meaning more adults were involved in playing the game; where this game is free and attracts the young children. Secondly, lots of people use the pay to win feature to acquire 6k gearscore, which is the largest fallacy in the game. You can ask for 6k+ gearscore but have no idea how to play your class or the tactics regarding the boss.

Source(s) - experience from playing on Wrath of the Lich King realm(s).

I kinda agree with you but i still disagree with you as well, 5k part on retail that is true, but you're forgetting that bosses here do alot more dmg then on retail.
    And you cant really talk about this community as you're here just for few years, that doesnt give you enough of time to understand how old community worked.

Source(s) - exp from 2oo4

14. June 7, 2015  
    I always wondered if people joined pugs thinking they will actually finish it. When I played Molten before, I only joined pugs when no one in my guild was running anything and i had some time to kill.

I'm leveling an account on here and just looking at global makes me chuckle at the thought of all these gs requirement bs because I know most of them will fail without an hour(aka first wipe lol).

15. I remember players posting for a "Gearing Run" Back when I was playing molten as well, This was actually nice getting a toon in there to run some of the bosses even if my GS wasn't 5.6-6k at that moment. The gearing run was quite fun even It wasn't a full clear but apart from helping newer members of the community I never mind wiping on encounters Thing is after playing Wrath so long and fully clearing out everything just became common to the point I was taking my Higher geared characters To help others, Yea it would have a chance of failing but I could for an instance relive a moment of when I first knocked out a Raid boss through newer players and the amount of praise you get for helping them was very uplifting.

First 123 Last