1. May 19, 2015  

PVP: Wotlk or MoP - Which is the healthiest?

Hey guys,

As someone who is returning to Warmane (molten) as a pvper, I'd like to see if anyone can shed any light on which expansion/realm on warmane currently is the healthiest in terms of:

(please set aside preference to expansions and solely judge on the pvp player base for each one)

Active pvp player base
    Queues and fraction balance
    Pvp guilds
    State of arena
    State of class balance
    State of PuG battlegrounds

Any replies are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. May 21, 2015  

3. May 21, 2015  
    I think MoP is better cause it have more people focused in pvp, queues are faster and factions are balanced, it have just 1 wrong thing, the warriors are too op

4. May 21, 2015  
    In woltk warrior was even more op but required a lot more of skill.

I have played both expansions and i think woltk you have to play a particular set up to get some good rating, but in mop., many set ups are very strong .

Regarding the pug-bg i wouldnt reccomend go bg with pugs in any exp/faction , it just a pain dude , real pain dude haha.

5. May 21, 2015  
    Mop is defo healthier but the problem is that the lags are so out of control now its not fun for arenas and bg atm.

6. May 25, 2015  
    MoP pvp is awful because it's so slow paced compared to wotlk.

7. May 25, 2015  
    MoP as others said, bugged to the ground along with disconnects. There is defenetly too many class bugs to think about any serious arena push.

8. May 26, 2015  
    MoP pvp atm:

- Lag spikes at random times which at pvp blows.
    - Arena mostly warriors and mw monks mostly nothing skilled honestly you will face the same comps even at high rating.
    - Pvp guilds are sort of useless since pvp is mostly a joke due to the class balance is a ghost, still needs a TON LOAD of fixes.
    - Random bg's aka pugs arent much better you find alot of alts due to boredom of 90% of the players because lack of content (no old raids barely enough dungeons) which makes mostly one side if you're "unlucky" that you keep getting people on green/blues or even naked people on your side while the other side has full geared or a premade.. both factions have this.

I have faith and I'm being patient with warmane staff.. I know it will take time, but this is the truth no less.

Result: Keep playing on wotlk, much better devolphed than MoP.. can't even compare.
    Edited: May 26, 2015

9. May 27, 2015  
    I guess wotlk is famous for being the most balanced expansion that blizzard made when it comes to PvP. However after watching the 3v3 tournament it seems that there are always the same boring setups fighting against each other. Imo setups like beast cleave and also specs like enhance shami and moonkin would need a slight buff to make the expansion more balanced.
    Edited: May 27, 2015

10. May 27, 2015  
    I guess wotlk is famous for being the most balanced expansion that blizzard made when it comes to PvP. However after watching the 3v3 tournament it seems that there are always the same boring setups fighting against each other. Imo setups like beast cleave and also specs like enhance shami and moonkin would need a slight buff to make the expansion more balanced.
    There are dozens of good and viable combos for r1 .Beast cleave doesnt need any buff at all,enha shaman is ok.And for the end almost all specs in game are viable.

11. May 27, 2015  
    There are dozens of good and viable combos for r1 .Beast cleave doesnt need any buff at all,enha shaman is ok.And for the end almost all specs in game are viable.
    I have never seen beast cleave on a 3vs3 Tournament.
    Also i have never seen a moonkin on a 3v3 Tournament.

12. May 27, 2015  
    I have never seen beast cleave on a 3vs3 Tournament.
    Also i have never seen a moonkin on a 3v3 Tournament.
    So judging by 1 comp and 1 spec in game u are saying that wotlk pvp isnt healthy?

13. May 27, 2015  
    MoP PvP ... lol
    I play Gnome Warrior and so far on Frostwolf 9/10 bg's I join go are alliance facerolling horde :P

14. May 27, 2015  
    So judging by 1 comp and 1 spec in game u are saying that wotlk pvp isnt healthy?
    No, like i said before. Wotlk is the most healthy expansion but still not perfect.