1. May 20, 2015  

Class-Specific Transmogrification

Ever since I was a wee lad playing WoW, I dreamt of wearing Tier 6 Warlock raid gear on a Tauren, specifically the helmet because Wowhead's 3d viewer makes them look something quite similar to Peter Jackson's rendition of a balrog (http://www.wowhead.com/item=31051/hood-of-the-malefic).

With Warmane's awesome point system, I can now acquire the Hood of the Malefic for my tauren priest, but I'm wondering if I will actually be able to transmogrify the Warlock gear onto my cloth priest helm.

Can I transmogrify a warlock specific helm onto a normal piece of cloth gear and wear it as a priest?

Thx

2. May 20, 2015  
    Ever since I was a wee lad playing WoW, I dreamt of wearing Tier 6 Warlock raid gear on a Tauren, specifically the helmet because Wowhead's 3d viewer makes them look something quite similar to Peter Jackson's rendition of a balrog (http://www.wowhead.com/item=31051/hood-of-the-malefic).

With Warmane's awesome point system, I can now acquire the Hood of the Malefic for my tauren priest, but I'm wondering if I will actually be able to transmogrify the Warlock gear onto my cloth priest helm.

Can I transmogrify a warlock specific helm onto a normal piece of cloth gear and wear it as a priest?

Thx
    Yes you can, the only class requirement is to obtain, but we bypass that penalty by voting/donating and getting it mailed. So you won't be stopped from mogging it :P

3. May 20, 2015  
    nope if it says "Classes: Warlock" you cant equip it as priest and if you cant equip you cant mog it

4. May 20, 2015  
    ^ If it's not your class specific item, you wont be able to buy it off of marketplace.

5. May 20, 2015  
    ^ If it's not your class specific item, you wont be able to buy it off of marketplace.
    Actually you can, you can even buy Horde-only itens for you Alliance characters, you just cannot use them, and they fixed this even for those itens that itselves didnt had any requirement, like Alterac's horde frostwolf, you still can buy this if you're Ally, but it will not let you equip it

The thing is: If the item comes with the text "Class: Warlock" my bet is that you cannot mog it, if it does not, you probably can

6. May 20, 2015  
    nope if it says "Classes: Warlock" you cant equip it as priest and if you cant equip you cant mog it
    Nope. My paladin is in a full set of Death Knight Gear, all tier pieces aswell.

7. May 20, 2015  
    This. You can't transmog any gear if you can't actually equip it.

@Pallzdani
    If you mean the set you have on your avatar picture or the DK starting set (seen that on some screenshot) those aren't class specific and that's why you can transmog them. I've had them both on my pala and still got the other.

8. May 21, 2015  
    I bought Horde gear as Alliance and while I cannot equip it I was still able to mog it. The pieces were specific to my class though and were leather since I'm a rogue. So I guess Faction restrictions don't affect transmog purposes.

9. Sorry for kicking up old post..
    lets say, i buy via store Cloak >Drape of the Refreshing Winds< horde faction item.. As alliance.. Will it not change the faction automatically?
    I can't equip it, but can i mog it so i keep the yellow, red look? As allince?
    Alliance has it in black. blue..

Eddit.. And only now i noticed it's cata.. not wotlk realm sorry..
    Edited: August 20, 2017