1. May 21, 2015  

General question / debate

So WoW has a huuuuge universe with a huuuuge multitude of worlds which are very different from each other and some seemingly know how to teleport or interstelar travel from one to the other. Now WoW also has time travel aaaaand paralell dimensions...

doesnt that boil down to - play whatever the hell you want to? I mean extinct races - who cares its time travel. races that dont exist - hey its a race from the future. oh sure i can use a machine gun, im from the future.

And if your character concept is completly fishy like i am the dovahkiin of skyrim - hey its just one of the bazillion worlds out there and if not paralell universe biatch.

i feel kinda trolled by blizzard. I mean think of it - there are literally endless possibilities now and all legit. I mean how can you tell a player he cant play as superman or the nerevarine - with the whole introduction of paralell universes i really dont see how you can say "that doesnt work out" - yes it does, somehow, there is like no restriction anymore. Batman, the Hulk, Link and Samus Aran walk into a bar in Stormwind...now totally possible oO And someone plays Gandalf, the new best buddy of Khadgar...

How do you deal with this? Just refuse to RP with guys who say play as Abbadon (Guild Wars) ? I mean i dont see how you could explain to someone that his character concept doesnt fit into WoW. I feel like since WoD there is no boundary anymore and everything goes.
    Sincerly Sauron

2. May 21, 2015  
    Firstly, we have no idea if other worlds. or time travel, or any of that exist. Sense we have no direct evidence of such things. So obviously the odds of someone being said character is horribly unbelievable. Secondly, where would the lore fit if Samus Aran was running around blowing things up. I think somebody would of noticed and marked said even in lore had that happened but instead they went entirely under the radar? Lastly, who has the right to play those characters anyways? Most of the fun in RP is the originality. Its mostly the point behind it, so if we have every other person running around pretending to be Link, what would the fun in that be?

Personally speaking if I'm ever RPing and I run into somebody who RP's as such, I simply look at them IC like they are crazy and need to go to a loony farm. But thats just me, another big part to RP is "to each their own" so go for it I guess. I just wouldn't be involved personally.

3. May 21, 2015  
    uhm we do have plenty. draenor - is a planet on its own, faaar away from azeroth, accesable through portal magic. the draenei homeworld - another entire planet they left through interstelar travel on space ships. the various races of the burning legion are said to be gathered from various galaxies like the nathrezzim.
    If you ever did Ulduar you should know how unbelievably fast the WoW universe actually is - incomprehensible. so alone the fastness of worlds in existance all with their very own unique inhabitants combined with portal magick and interstellar travel already justifies pretty much any character concept

BC introduced time travel - seen the caverns of time? Sunwell? Hyal? All time travel in WoW. There is an entire book - War of the ancients about 2 modern day guys travelling 10k years into the past.

Paralell dimensions and foremost the possibility to travel to and from them is introduced in Warlords of Draenor - which means that really just anything you can think of is possible. Maybe in the original universe of WoW there is no Samus Aran but in one of the infin ite paralell universes there is a Samus Aran and she could just travel into the WoW Universe just like the iron horde does.

So while time travel justified a hell lot from extinct races to very futuristic orcs from Warhammer, and space travel made pretty much everything possible paralell dimensions mean - ANYTHING goes. I mean like - goes by cannon. Not fan made imagination, officially by blizzard they introduced a tool where literally anything can be cannon cause cannon is that everything is possible.

4. May 21, 2015  
    And that's why I won't RP on WLOD. However, I do like the fact that there are several panets, though most of them have been conquered by the Legion, so the cahnces of meeting their inahbitants are low. Also, I imagine that anyone who isn't from Azeroth wouldn't receive the warmest welcome, from either faction.