1. May 22, 2015  

What to choose.

So I decided to come from cata to wrath, what classes and specs are best to play in PvE and PvP? By best I dont mean, smash this button then win. What has a fun play style but also is not bugged to the ground where it's d/hps is just laughable *cough* cata locks *cough*

2. May 22, 2015  
    Well i'm one of those odd players, i like ret paladin :D Huehue, but that's just me i guess :D
    Other than that i've played Boomy, huntard, mage, spriest. Huntard was boring as F and boomy was decent but less fun than Rpal :3 Spriest and mage is just repeat over repeat with spells, no fun in my opinion :P So go DK as u were on cata? (Looks like that on the pic) :D
    Edited: May 22, 2015 Reason: editzz

3. May 22, 2015  
    Well i'm one of those odd players, i like ret paladin :D Huehue, but that's just me i guess :D
    Other than that i've played Boomy, huntard, mage, spriest. Huntard was boring as F and boomy was decent but less fun than Rpal :3 Spriest and mage is just repeat over repeat with spells, no fun in my opinion :P So go DK as u were on cata? (Looks like that on the pic) :D
    Hehe the pic is my ret with a dk mog, yeah I played Ret in TBC servers, Cata, MoP and currently live. Always been my main but I wanted to try something else out, I will have a try with a boomie and maybe a spriest as I've been debating that. Also I heard things about rogues being broken beyond repair on wrath, is that true, if so then that's a shame, seen many videos of them in Wrath and they look really fun.

4. May 23, 2015  
    To be honest, if played correctly a combat rogue can still top even with all those bugs. So far I've only seen 1 or 2 doing that sadly.

5. May 23, 2015  
    To be honest, if played correctly a combat rogue can still top even with all those bugs. So far I've only seen 1 or 2 doing that sadly.
    Well I love a good challenge, gonna try Combat out for a few weeks and maybe play Spriest on the side ^.^

6. May 23, 2015  
    top pve dps: Mage hunter and pala
    from these 3 i think mage is best. FFB spec ofc

7. May 23, 2015  
    top pve dps: Mage hunter and pala
    from these 3 i think mage is best. FFB spec ofc
    Is FFB hard to play though? I heard it's just as easy as Ret's, so that don't sound fun

8. May 23, 2015  
    Is FFB hard to play though? I heard it's just as easy as Ret's, so that don't sound fun
    FFB mage is the most boring thing you can play :D pref ret a lot over that!
    Rogues are kinda bugged but pretty decent in BiS gear ;D Have a rouge in my guild currently and he pulls the same dps as me at the start but he can't really hold it up for long (Im 6.4 Ret)

9. May 23, 2015  
    Sure the dps aspect of Ret might not be 'fun' but I think if you play the spec to its full potential you are doing 1. The most dps in the raid and at the same time 2. Carrying hard with all of your support abilities, LoH, Aura Mastery, HoP, etc

How is that not fun?

Edit: I guess that its just me. I personally enjoy doing top dps and saving the raid from a wipe by Laying Hands the tank at BQL with just me, tank and 2 dps and BQL at 10%. DK hero class? Naww its a Ret.

The only problem is so many nubs rolled ret and donated BiS, you will have to prove your abilities in a raid, otherwise people will just look at you and be like lol FOTM. Which also makes a special appeal to playing ret at Wotlk. You can definitely outplay the vast majority of other rets if you do more than just 123 Wings. Its kinda amusing :P
    Edited: May 23, 2015

10. May 23, 2015  
    Sure the dps aspect of Ret might not be 'fun' but I think if you play the spec to its full potential you are doing 1. The most dps in the raid and at the same time 2. Carrying hard with all of your support abilities, LoH, Aura Mastery, HoP, etc

How is that not fun?

Edit: I guess that its just me. I personally enjoy doing top dps and saving the raid from a wipe by Laying Hands the tank at BQL with just me, tank and 2 dps and BQL at 10%. DK hero class? Naww its a Ret.

The only problem is so many nubs rolled ret and donated BiS, you will have to prove your abilities in a raid, otherwise people will just look at you and be like lol FOTM. Which also makes a special appeal to playing ret at Wotlk. You can definitely outplay the vast majority of other rets if you do more than just 123 Wings. Its kinda amusing :P
    You forgot to write that SoV is bugged and does a lot more damage than it should.

11. May 23, 2015  
    ret in wotlk is goob bug well played ffb mage is better. with pala u just click 2 buttons. with mage u apply living bomb 1 scorch and spam frostfire bolt til living bomb explodes and repeat ithout using scorch again since its geting reseted from ffb i think but not sure. u just use full burst at start with tailoring+engi proff use living bomb and spam ffb its easy :D and doing top dps.

12. May 23, 2015  
    ret in wotlk is goob bug well played ffb mage is better. with pala u just click 2 buttons. with mage u apply living bomb 1 scorch and spam frostfire bolt til living bomb explodes and repeat ithout using scorch again since its geting reseted from ffb i think but not sure. u just use full burst at start with tailoring+engi proff use living bomb and spam ffb its easy :D and doing top dps.
    You forgot about Pyroblast, and no, FFB does not refresh Scorch. Nor does the OP want to play an easy spec...

13. May 23, 2015  
    I hope you were sarcastic? "With pala u just click 2 buttons"?? I think you just explained how it is to play mage, Living bomb -> spam FFB -> Life done.
    Retpala has a lot more to do and click than a mage, no joke even. Paladins brings also a lot more to the raid than a mage :) and no, mages aren't nr1 dps every fight.

14. May 24, 2015  
    While personally I love ret paladin as my main, most of the fun comes from tweaking small adjustments to increase dps and timing cooldowns and buffs to help a raid or group. Ret is more of a support role that deals some *****ing dps in wotlk. With recrnt bug fixes ret is no longer the top fps class though. If you want to play a fun class that requires both skill and is actually helpful, roll a feral druid. Rogues are rarely wanted because they dont contribute anything to a raid regarding buffs. A skilled feral kitty can deal out some *****ing burst damage at crucial moments and has a nice general raid boost.

15. May 24, 2015  
    I hope you were being sarcastic. The amount of ret paladins on wotlk realms are silly. It's probably the most played class in PVP.
    I hope you were sarcastic? "With pala u just click 2 buttons"?? I think you just explained how it is to play mage, Living bomb -> spam FFB -> Life done.
    Retpala has a lot more to do and click than a mage, no joke even. Paladins brings also a lot more to the raid than a mage :) and no, mages aren't nr1 dps every fight.
    No, ret paladin is the easiest class in wotlk pvp. You just click two buttons. Ret paladin was made for children, so that they can compete in wow without having the intellect, understanding and reactions of an adult. That's why you see half the Ragnaros realm running around as ret paladins, because its OP and easy to play.

Before the database reset I counted in armory how many paladins (rets and holys) were in the top 2v2 ladder. I dont remember the exact number, but it was a little more then half of all the teams.

So yeah, if you wish to play a class that is braindead, a monkey could play it, then choose ret paladin. I seriously can't understand why an adult would get any satisfaction in playing it though..

123 Last