1. May 22, 2015  

Frost mage pve (Woltk)

So once i found out that deep freeze was fixed for frost mages i went and made one and I have been having a really fun time playing it. I love the rotation and how it plays. Then the most recent update fixed the glyph of eternal water making water elemental permanently stay out like a pet.

I was just wondering about a few things: If the water elemental is classed as a pet then why doesnt it have the 90% damage reduction from boss aoe. I tried taking it to icc but it died nearly instantly in every fight from aoe. Also im 5.2k gs atm but im not sure if the stats on water elemental are correct. They did fix the damage of the glyphed version but is it supposed to only have 6k health, it dies from one tick on cold flame and so many other things. If its not supposed to have the damage reduction on aoe then surely it must have better stats then 6k health/mana.

One more thing ive noticed since using glyph of eternal water is that the water elemental will always come out set to aggressive, as a result i pulled a boss in icc and felt bad afterwards :(

Im just wondering about those things because the water elemental coz i dont know if it actually has really low health on purpose or what its other stats are supposed to be just comparing it to lock/hunter/dk pets it seems really inferior.

I know fire and arcane are better but its not as fun for me as frost so thats why i just want to know about these things to get a better understanding of the class and what it is capable of on this server so i can use that knowledge to try and push it to a better spec

2. May 24, 2015  
    The water elemental should definitely have more health than that. If memory serves on retail it had around 11-13k unbufffed hp and should scale with your health and SP. Yes, it should have the 90% avoidance on aoe. If it really only has that much health, it's kinda bugged, though that shouldn't matter so much as it is supposed to have the avoidance on aoe damage.

As for it being on aggressive: well, that's just how it is, unfortunately :P