1. May 23, 2015  

HotKeyNet - DL & quick setup script

Here's a great solution for all of you trying to get this old and disfunctional version of ISBoxer to work: GET HOTKEYNET! :)

Here is a script for 5-man boxing which you can easily expand to 10+
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...w-5box-mop.hkn

Here's hotkeynet program
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...keynet_210.zip

Look through the script.
    Disable all the extra functions / commands in the bottom half that you dont need yet.
    (Lots of these are mouseover casting regions - you will want to setup your own)

There's a few small steps to get this running for your setup:
    1) go to line 17 on the function: <Command ResizeAndPosition> - and setup your screens. I use dual monitor for this setup with 1920x1080 24" widescreens.
    2) go to line 55 and set the path to your WoW clients (I have 2 folders: 1 for master and 1 for slave - the master WoW installation is set on much higher settings etc while the slave installation is set on much lower)
    3) go to line 67 and input your wow accounts / passwords (this isnt necessary if you dont want the script to log you in - you can do it manually - in which case just delete this entire hotkey function)

Some functions for this script:
    Q Follow me (using FTL setup) - bind this in jamba/macro
    F InteractWithTarget (IWT) - bind this ingame
    E Assist me (using FTL setup so it always knows who master is) - bind this in jamba/macro
    R TargetMyTarget (using FTL setup) - bind this in jamba/macro
    1 to 3 - Combat keys that activate skill on pressdown and activate F (IWT) on skillup --- (IWT will not do anything on chars you tag as "casters" in jamba, so they wont move)
    4 Round-Robin skill key
    5 to + Simple broadcast hotkeys
    F8 to F12 Instant-swap window to master view (F8 = WoW1, F9 = WoW2, etc)
    Oem3 "tilde" Broadcast mouse-clicks when held
    Keypad Decimal "." Create a jamba/macro to mount. This is also activated with Button5 (thumb button) on mouse. Tweak as you want.
    Numpad Minus "-" "Face Target" = Using a few ingame macros, it will enable CTM/IWT ingame and while you hold it down it will hold down "back" key. When you release it, it will disable CTM/IWT for all casters (and keep it enabled for all melees). This is a "FACE TARGET" function! You can hold it down as long as you want, but all it really needs is a quick tap. Its next to your mouse hand (Numpad Minus) for ease of access. Effectively it faces target and backpedals as long as its held down; using CTM/IWT.

You can look into all the other functions, mouseover healing/AOE nuking, etc. --- I ripped out some of the functions I had which are just really complicated, but left in most so you could see how its done.
    They will require a bit of ingame macro/jamba creation to work though so if its not working out-of-the-box, then read up on what its doing here: www.hotkeynet.com - and you can figure out your own great functions! :)

2. May 23, 2015  
    Oh yea --- CAPS LOCK -- will make mouse clicks broadcast always.
    Turn off CAPS LOCK to disable. Or you can even just put it on another key/toggle - or remove it entirely and just use "tilde" holding to broadcast mouse clicks.

ALSO!
    To activate / pause script use the "pause" key. (You can change this of course)
    AND!
    ScrollLock must be ON for the majority of the scripts to fire. (You can also change this if you want)

To launch your wow windows: Right-Ctrl + Right-Alt + L
    To login once all your windows are launched: Right-Ctrl + Right-Alt + P

Have fun!

3. May 23, 2015  
    Here's a great solution for all of you trying to get this old and disfunctional version of ISBoxer to work:
    Why disfunctional? Everything works on the cracked version. I have both, the cracked old Isboxer version and the new payed one and there is not a big difference. They add only some useless functions in the new Isboxer...

4. May 23, 2015  
    The ISBoxer version available on the forum works just fine for me. Much more powerful than HKN.

5. May 23, 2015  
    Mythal here some simple questions about HKN:

1. Does it have windows layouts? Can you see background windows?
    2. Can you instantly switch to any background window?
    3. When you switch to a backround window. Do you need to make any additional steps to make this toon "Main"? Bcs in IsBoxer you just switch to the needed window and thats it... That toon is main right away, all others will follow it and key broadcasting works properly. And in pvp seconds are matter.
    4. Can you write WoW macroses in HKN?

6. May 23, 2015  
    In ISboxer its super easy to set everything up and it offers even more functions than u need.
    I guess u need deep scripting knowledge to do the same stuff with HKN.
    Unless u are a programmer i would always advice u to use ISboxer...

7. May 23, 2015  
    Isboxer is much more compatible and offer more functions than hot key.

Also with hot key, you cannot switch main characters. I have vs multiple boxers who use auto key and once the main dies. They are defenseless.

8. May 23, 2015  
    The ISBoxer version available on the forum works just fine for me. Much more powerful than HKN.
    well if you want to live in ignorance and denial then go ahead :)

you are stating something that is a logical, scientific, falsehood.

it is 100% provable that HKN is more capable than ISBoxer.
    HKN is a programming interface.
    it allows you to do anything you can imagine that you could possibly want to do.

ISBoxer itself is built inside of the same programming calls and framework. but ISBoxer only implements a handful of possible features.
    HKN is the programming interface itself that lets YOU build any feature you want to. it also runs much more efficiently and optimized.

9. May 23, 2015  
    Mythal here some simple questions about HKN:

1. Does it have windows layouts? Can you see background windows?
    2. Can you instantly switch to any background window?
    3. When you switch to a backround window. Do you need to make any additional steps to make this toon "Main"? Bcs in IsBoxer you just switch to the needed window and thats it... That toon is main right away, all others will follow it and key broadcasting works properly. And in pvp seconds are matter.
    4. Can you write WoW macroses in HKN?
    HKN is a programming interface.
    YOU CAN DO *ANYTHING* YOU WANT WITH IT!

there are NO number of features with HKN.
    YOU get to CREATE ANY FEATURE that you want.

So yes.
    EVERY SINGLE THING YOU CAN IMAGINE --- you can do it in HKN.

1) You can create any kind of window layout you can imagine.
    1) You can setup background windows any possible way you can imagine.
    2) I instantly switch between my windows using F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, ctrl+F8, ctrl+F9, ctrl+F10, ctrl+F11, ctrl+F12 (thats for 10 boxing).
    2) I also make sure my new slaves have new settings applied --- like lower FPS, and lower visual settings. My "main" window is always pumped up to high settings while my slaves are running at 20FPS with low settings. I can run 25 multibox this way at capped 60 FPS on highest visual settings on my main screen this way.
    3) You can do ANYTHING YOU WANT when you switch to background windows. I personally trigger a macro in jamba that sets up master on my new "main". and I use FTL setup so that whichever window im controlling is always considered "the master" (even if i take control of a small slave window and use hotkeys --- it is considered master when i am issuing commands from it. thats what FTL means "focusless-targetless-leaderless")
    4) yes you can do ANYTHING in HKN. it is a PROGRAMMING INTERFACE. that means it is up to YOU what you want to do with it. THERE ARE NO LIMITATIONS AT ALL - EVER! --- however, i use jamba. i dont write macros outside of WOW because i dont want to do anything that could be illegal. jamba is the best multibox ingame macro manager/addon there is. so there is no point writing macros in an external program that will never be as good as jamba is -- ingame.

you guys ask such silly questions.

"can it do this???" are silly questions when you are talking about a programming/scripting language.

the right question to ask is "how do you script this feature?"
    the only limitation on whether you can do something with HKN or not? is your ability to script.
    HKN itself doesnt do ANYTHING. it is just a scripting engine. it lets YOU do ANYTHING.

ISBoxer was made for people who dont have the ability to script or dont want to learn.
    it does 99% of what you want it to do.
    there really is no reason not to use it, if you are already using it and enjoy using it.

however there is always - always - a simple fact when it comes to anything on a computer: THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM, WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER

this is a fact.
    it is not an opinion.

10. May 23, 2015  
    Isboxer is much more compatible and offer more functions than hot key.

Also with hot key, you cannot switch main characters. I have vs multiple boxers who use auto key and once the main dies. They are defenseless.
    again you are completely wrong.

i switch windows with hotkeys right now.
    i just gave you the script up above which does exactly that.

what you meant to say is: "i dont know how to script HKN. i wanted it to work right outside of the box, but it doesnt because i have no idea how to write a script. so i went and used a little GUI tool called isboxer where its much more user friendly and shows me how to do things."

yes.
    exactly.
    you are 100% the kind of person that should be using ISBoxer.
    ISBoxer is a great tool for you.
    there is no need for you to use HKN.
    be happy with ISBoxer. its a great tool.

11. May 23, 2015  
    In ISboxer its super easy to set everything up and it offers even more functions than u need.
    I guess u need deep scripting knowledge to do the same stuff with HKN.
    Unless u are a programmer i would always advice u to use ISboxer...
    Yes.
    I completely agree with that.

do not use HKN if you do not want to learn how the windows operating system works. (or if you dont already know)
    do not use HKN if you do not have the patience to learn basic scripting.

you will need to learn both of these things to be able to do magic with HKN - and this will take allot of time.

if, however, you know how windows OS calls work. you understand win32. you understand basic scripting. and you want to create your own custom multiboxing experience that can do anything you could ever imagine - YOUR WAY - then HKN is the ONLY way to do that (safely anyway ....you could use AHK which is even more powerful, but then you will potentially do some automation and not realize it --- HKN does not allow automation so it ensures that everything you do is legal according to the TOS).

12. May 23, 2015  
    I haven't seen a single person who has gained greater utility from HKN than ISBoxer.

I have tried and gotten fairly close but some things just take far too long to create manually which is why ISBoxer exists.

Please record footage of your HKN install and illustrate any and all features you have created that ISBoxer lacks. Until then you're just some guy whining on a forum about how a free tool is better than a paid one. You keep writing about how much better HKN is but you haven't given any specific examples of things that are worth dropping ISBoxer for. I've beaten almost every end game raid in WOTLK on 10man mode using ISBoxer and the only bosses I am currently incapable of beating are due to my own skill level and not limitations of the software used.

Also could you avoid posting four times in a row ^_^

13. May 23, 2015  
    Mythal thank you for such informative posts about HKN. Now I know that all those things we do with IsBoxer are actually possible in HKN.
    But as you said HKN is a programming interface and probably not every multiboxer will be able to master it.
    Thats the point...

The only reason why not a programmer but an ordinary multiboxer would use HKN... it is free. But again... cracked IsBoxer is avalable and it works.

14. May 24, 2015  
    I haven't seen a single person who has gained greater utility from HKN than ISBoxer.
    but I am one of them. i have functions in my HKN that ISBoxer cannot accomplish. ive tried to do it in ISBoxer and even read ISBoxer forums but people still cannot accomplish it:
    * "FaceTarget" NOT USING ANY ITEM! can do it 100% flawlessly from level 1 naked. it uses only CTM+IWT+macro+hotkey. ISBoxer cant do this.
    * complex custom formations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HasJ17o7q_s :)
    * fully customized mouseover healing however i want it to work. "mousewheelup" shields? check! "RButton hold-down channeling toggle?" check! etc.... in HKN you imagine it = its possible.
    * HKN behaves how i want it to behave. because i tell it what to do. the "playstyle" and "feel" of how i want my multiboxing experience to exist is only possible in HKN/AHK/etc (any scripting interface). what if you dont like the style isboxer designed for boxing? too bad, you cant change it.

i am however a bit too lazy to do everything that i really want to with HKN :)
    i have however seen some really incredible HKN boxers setup their own ingame interfaces using HKN. by creating new windows/panels and overlays. their playstyle looks completely different than any WoW you have ever seen.
    i dont know if the guy plays anymore but one guy i knew a few years ago did 40 boxing with 5 monitors/2 computers. (he did 60 box once too)
    his healers would always be on one screen, tanks always on another. he can instant-swap between all with an extra game keybad next to his keyboard.
    the interfaces on all his slaves would be removed entirely - and they would instead show half of their small screen with a transparent color-coded overlay that shows thier statuses etc.
    he would have a mimicked overlay in his master window which had of course all the typical click-casting.
    he had no hotkey bars/buttons in-game at all!

it was all custom macro'd through jamba and scripted with HKN.

I have tried and gotten fairly close but some things just take far too long to create manually which is why ISBoxer exists.
    actually one of the reasons i dont use ISBoxer is because i can script a functionality faster than figuring it out in isboxer with the clunky and complicated GUI.
    i am sure that when you use isboxer for a long time you do things more efficiently - but the point is i will never get the power out of isboxer that i already have with hkn - and its already easier for me to script a new function in HKN than to figure out how isboxer *MIGHT* be able to do *something similar*. (which it usually doesnt do exactly how i want it to anyway).

Please record footage of your HKN install and illustrate any and all features you have created that ISBoxer lacks. Until then you're just some guy whining on a forum about how a free tool is better than a paid one.
    sounds to me like the one here whining is you.
    i am being helpful to all the people whining about isboxer.

that is in fact the only reason i posted this: i saw lots of you whining about how isboxer is broken and doesnt work and so on.
    you can see for yourself: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....tarting-slowly

so to be helpful like we boxers tend to be, i gave you guys a simple version of my script which shows how to do allot of functionality (some of which you cannot achieve in isboxer --- look at my script in first post).

You keep writing about how much better HKN is but you haven't given any specific examples of things that are worth dropping ISBoxer for. I've beaten almost every end game raid in WOTLK on 10man mode using ISBoxer and the only bosses I am currently incapable of beating are due to my own skill level and not limitations of the software used.
    actually i have already listed many things.
    but you are not understanding the basic concept of the difference between a program that has built-in functionality (isboxer) and a programming engine that lets YOU build ANY functionality that you can imagine (HKN).
    you simply cannot compare the 2.
    * isboxer is a program that works out-of-the-box and has pre-determined functionality.
    * hkn is a programming interface engine that does absolutely NOTHING out-of-the-box. you must script it for it to do anything.
    the fact that you keep comparing these in terms of "what can this program do versus that program do?" simply means you dont understand computers very well. HKN itself CANT DO ANYTHING! it requires a poweruser/programmer to make it do something.

ISBoxer was made for people who are not powerusers/programmers so that you can multibox at all.
    im very glad isboxer exists because of that. it means that normal users can do what we (powerusers/engineers) have been doing for 15+ years in games = taking control of them and playing them in a much different way than perhaps originally intended.

the fact that the masses can now multibox is the reason that multiboxing has become "legal" in online games.
    while it was only the few of us who could script and so on - it was "unfair" to those who couldnt.
    most games considered this illegal because of that.

i used to box in everquest 1 back in 1998.
    it was clearly against the EULA/TOS but i did it anyway because i was not automating anything. guess what? the GMs never knew the difference. they could not technically find anything i was doing wrong. i even knew a GM because i went to uni with him and he watched me play and he couldnt come up with 1 reason that what i was doing was wrong.
    but sony still did not officially make multiboxing "legal" in EQ because it was only accessible to a few of us who were willing to script our own entire setups.
    it wasnt important enough for them to legalize it.
    i never got banned - because they admitted that i was not doing anything in each client that i couldnt do myself. one key = one action argument.
    but the GMs did eventually tell me to stop boxing anyway because so many players complained about it.
    i still boxed, but i did so quietly and i didnt take my teams into public areas.
    and they let me get away with that.

pwnboxer and isboxer have contributed to making multiboxing legal and accessible to everyone more than any other program/group/tool/etc.

i am very thankful to them for that.

Also could you avoid posting four times in a row ^_^
    if someone's post deserves a reply - i reply to them individually :)
    its an issue of respect.

i was also quite shocked at how uninformed the multiboxers here were.

i ran the first multiboxing guild on molten. we werent many. we were on deathwing wotlk originally (we dominated arenas 5's and defeated every piece of content in the game purely boxing - including gunship etc). most of us were powerusers. we used hkn or ahk (ive never used ahk to multibox; i dont want to get used to it).
    isboxer was hardly functional back then. its obvious that isboxer has opened up this great hobby to allot more people who arent powerusers/engineers which is great - but it just shocked me that so many of you dont know the true history of boxing and how it works.
    maybe im the only one left. (i stopped playing on molten in late 2013 and just came back)
    thats fine too!
    the more multiboxers the better!

i dont care what program you use!
    whatever makes you happy!

i only posted this because of the threads i saw where people were having big problems with isboxer.
    im just trying to help more people have the ability to box like us!

15. May 24, 2015  
    Mythal thank you for such informative posts about HKN. Now I know that all those things we do with IsBoxer are actually possible in HKN.
    But as you said HKN is a programming interface and probably not every multiboxer will be able to master it.
    Thats the point...

The only reason why not a programmer but an ordinary multiboxer would use HKN... it is free. But again... cracked IsBoxer is avalable and it works.
    Yes you are 100% right.
    Its obvious that there will be 9 normal users for every 1 poweruser/programmer.
    So HKN is not a good solution really.

I only posted because i saw in 2 other threads that lots of people were having problems with isboxer / cracked isboxer. I thought maybe isboxer cracked version isnt fully functional or something. If it is, then nevermind.
    HKN isnt really a solution to that though anyway. If someone is having problems setting up a program, then they probably arent going to figure out how to script their own :)

EDIT: btw - this is mythal. just posted from another acct :D didnt realize til after posting :) (thank you mr obvious)
    Edited: May 24, 2015

12 Last