1. May 23, 2015  

What file is Raid Frame UI settings in? Help plz :)

Hi -- I have a little problem here.

I've been trying to find a good party/raid unit frames addon, which lets me alphabetically sort the names so I can mouseover heal (names must be in same order on all clients otherwise it wont work).

I used to use pitbull in wotlk. Did the trick nicely.
    However when trying to figure out how to do this with XPerl frames - i found that the native cata wow client now lets us sort alphabetically!

Woot!

Not bad unit frames either when slightly customized.

Here is my problem then: ive configured the frames on 2 clients, but cant figure out what file they are being saved in (the settings for them).
    So I cant copy/paste the settings file into the accounts folder for each of the multibox accounts in WTF folder.
    I need to be able to edit the exact values of the frames, because otherwise they are all different sizes.
    Its also a pain in teh arse to resize 10 clients manually....

I am using the native cata4.3.4 blizzard raid frames, by forcing "use raid frames in party mode" so it always uses the raid frames even in party.

Screenshots to help explain:

this is the difference between the 2 unit frames.

this is how entire screensetup looks.
    you can see that i already set these raid frames on 2 clients.
    the raid frames are not the same size though, so if i mouseover click too far on the right edge of the first column on my main - it actually clicks the second column on my 2nd client.
    there is no numerical value setting to adjust this with the ingame interface menu.

help! :)

thanks.

2. May 25, 2015  
    I setup stock frames manually on 20+ clients) Search at Curse, maybe u can find "Backup Addon" or smth. Really bad thing from Blizzard, cause many top PvPers/PvEers use stock frames and they need sometimes to fast copy from 1 PC to other.

3. May 25, 2015  
    Get "grid", " grid custom layout" and clique.
    U can do pretty much everything with grid and it has plenty of modification addons.
    To move the health frames to the exact same position u just need to reset position on all chars and then activate mouse broadcasting and move them all at the same time.
    Edited: May 25, 2015

4. May 25, 2015  
    Get "grid", " grid custom layout" and clique.
    U can do pretty much everything with grid and it has plenty of modification addons.
    To move the health frames to the exact same position u just need to reset position on all chars and then activate mouse broadcasting and move them all at the same time.
    Yea I tried Grid and GridCustomLayouts. They are great addons for sure.

I dont use clique because i have click-enabled casting regions already setup with HKN. (I have it trigger ingame macros when clicking LButton, RButton, mousehweel up/down, thumb-button, and a few other k/b hotkeys when the mouse is hovered over party unit frames).

I love Grid+GCL but it lacks a few major things which I really think are important. Such as having the name of the party-members target. I like to see who my boxes are targetting.
    I tried using a Grid addon called GridTargets - but it only works for status indicators not for actually showing the target name. and it only works for NPC mobs too. Grid would be perfect if you could add a status indicator that showed the target name. I tried adding this to "Center Text 2" area on the grid layout.....didnt work....even with the plugin..... :(

BUT!
    I found a working pitbull version!
    So now i setup pitbull frames again.

Pitbull is my favorite anyway. It lets you customize EVERYTHING! Specifically down to the exact pixel. Location, size, everything.
    I had the wrong pitbull version apparently before, and it gave tons of Lua errors on load. So I thought I couldnt find one for 4.3.4 - but I just downloaded the previous version on curse. Works 100%!

They are really awesome unit frames!
    This is my setup now:
    *TukUI (customized chat windows to be bigger; and aura/form button position/size - otherwise stock TukUI)
    *Pitbull
    *Atlas/AtlasLoot/Cromulent/Quartz/Mapster/Auctioneer/AdvancedTradeskills/etc few more small ones....

If you want my config files + addon zips just let me know. I'll post them.

normal group view:

pitbull enabled "testing mode" with 40-man raid: (it shows all indicators active)

pitbull enabled "testing mode" for 10-man raid (pet bars are horizontal stacked on 2 rows below party frames --- it uses same unit frame style as 5-man group, just relocates petbars.)

5. May 25, 2015  
    oh yea - know something funny?

those blizzard stock CompactUnitFrames are so stingy that even with Pitbull's "HideBlizzFrames" addon which is included with pitbull addon (to remove those stock blizz frames entirely) --- they STILL SHOW UP!

So i had to write a script:

Code:
    /run CompactRaidFrameManager:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameManager:Hide() CompactRaidFrameContainer:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameContainer:Hide()
    I just have this trigger when I swap screens.
    ensures that it those annoying things are gone on whatever view im looking at.

in pitbull i also set the "strata" on party frames a level higher; so that they are always "on top" of those blizz frames.....so i never accidentally click those instead of the pitbull frames when healing from a boxed healer.

still.........
    blizzard you know how to be annoying for sure!