1. May 27, 2015  

So... I've been thinking

I've decided to roll a blood death knight dps in the light of rune system fix and since unholy is currently trashtierish. If any mods happen to it, you can lock it, since it serves no purpose to me anymore.
    Edited: June 24, 2015 Reason: Made my decision.

2. May 28, 2015  
    So I've been thinking about rolling a death knight, but looking at bugtracker it seems both unholy and blood have quite severe bugs. Anyone share their experience in PvE with UH / Blood ? I don't wanna frost DK because one handers hit like wetnoodels. :D
    Blood needs some fixes, nobody wants a BDK in guild now because it's pure damage spec with no buffs for raid(10%ap=hunters), and as dps you can be decent with BiS gear.
    Unholy is decent with good gear and proper spec.

3. May 28, 2015  
    Hi bro, I recomended you to dont roll DK. Its most broken class atm in game. Some of major abilities doesnt work at all, this is list:
    1. Scourge strike dont properly stack shadow dmg with blood preseance and ICC buff
    2. Scourge strike (again) bugged on absorb targets (priest, pala, warlocks shield's)
    3. rule 2,5 sec doesnt work
    4. gargoyle doing half of his dmg then he should, he also have 0 hit and 0 resiliance like all pets in game (hunter,warlock)
    5. If ya like PvP I must tell ya that 4 part set bonus of pvp set doesnt work also - very big issuse
    6. improved unholy preseance work half ( not reducing rune cooldown at all. I have tested with and without the talent on target dummies and a stop watch extensively. Every time runes come up just over 10 seconds. There is no difference in rate with the talent)
    7. corpse explosion doesn't ignore resilience/resistance
    8. talent [Subversion] doesnt work at all
    9. death coil selfheal is lower then on Blackrock server

so as you can see this is so much bugs for one class, DK is really dont worth to play here till all of this major bugs dont be a fixed, better reroll bugy OP retri class insted of dk
    Edited: May 28, 2015

4. May 29, 2015  
    Hi bro, I recomended you to dont roll DK. Its most broken class atm in game. Some of major abilities doesnt work at all, this is list:
    1. Scourge strike dont properly stack shadow dmg with blood preseance and ICC buff
    The rest I won't comment on, but the shadow damage portion of SS should not stack with Blood Presence or ICC buff seperately. It only stacks with the damage done by the physical portion of the ability, along with the various talents that increase your shadow damage and the target's magic damage taken.

5. May 29, 2015  
    Offbeat is right on this part. The physical part already accounts bonus damages and if the shadow part did too (it used to before, but got fixed) then that's what we call "double-dipping" - something that was live for a veeeeeeeeery long time for Seal of Vengeance/ Corruption's 5-stack effect: the 33% extra hit would benefit from bonuses too, when it shouldn't.

As for the rest, well... just don't DPS as Unholy or Blood in raids as it's a waste of a raid spot for an actually-working class. You can still have fun with them in dungeons though, I guess. Nobody cares there.

6. May 29, 2015  
    Scourge strike should double dip from blood presence and icc aura. lol

7. May 29, 2015  
    Scourge strike should double dip from blood presence and icc aura. lol
    exactly this!

for Offbeat, you really dont know what you talking about..

8. May 29, 2015  
    Proof? I don't see a reason why it should.

9. May 29, 2015  
    Lol, DK is a good class to play, even with these bugs.
    Can be on par with others and even outperform most.

10. May 29, 2015  
    literally every DK guild from retail.

11. May 30, 2015  
    Lol, DK is a good class to play, even with these bugs.
    Can be on par with others and even outperform most.
    If you're Frost - yes, because it's bug-free, even probably positively bugged. Can't say the same about the other specs... Unholy is still wildly bugged and even if it wasn't - it's still the worst of the three specs in endgame for both DPS and Tank; Blood is very bad for DPS due to DRW and Blood Gorged not working properly.

literally every DK guild from retail.
    That's not proof for me. Quote me a reliable source and then I'll believe you. And if you knew about the situation and about Frost being the best on Warmane, why did you even open this thread then?
    Edited: May 30, 2015

12. May 30, 2015  
    Let me leave my own comment here. The rune talents mostly do not work properly but since Ive only played frost for PvE and Unholy for PvP I can say that unholy in PvP is rreally viable. The garg does not get any resilience and that sucks, but since rrsilience doesn't work here in general, the gargoyle damage is quite decent.All in all unholy for pvp and frost for PvE are very viable.

13. May 30, 2015  
    Well, I believe human being can push some buttons to do his part in any and all PvE situations with any viable spec. If you want to judge spec from some opinions or "math" from here... "don't play DK" is best option.

But if you want to actually enjoy game, see for yourself, do some raids, get saves in all instances, make frost spec, try it. glyphs costs what... total 1500g at most? Then make unholy, blood try those too. The world is yours.

14. May 30, 2015  
    That's the problem, angrylol - "viable" specs. I know you for several years on these forums and the main thing you play is Frost DKs. And Frost DKs, like many other classes & specs on Warmane had bugs; however, Frost only had positive bugs and they were fixed last from all other classes. And OP said he doesn't want to play Frost, so in that case he has only one option: Blood PvE tank + Unholy PvP offspec.

Sure, you can play any class and spec you want - it's a game and it's made for fun, but if you think that your willingness to play is enough by itself to offset for bugs, then I'd call you a slacker and not a player who is pushing his limits and performance. I'll give you an example with my favorite class - Warriors. Arms is a very viable DPS spec and is better than Fury on lower gear levels and keeps competing vs it up until ICC. However, if you're 6.3k GS and still playing Arms only because "you like it and you don't want to play Fury", well, you're not gonna get many raid spots...

If you play Blood or Umholy DPS in late ICC, you will 1) not deal the max damage you can deal with your gear; 2) probably get replaced for someone who's actually trying his best. Having said all this, if you're considering DK DPS and performing to the max, but you don't want to play Frost, then just don't pick DK. Sorry.

15. May 30, 2015  
    And if you knew about the situation and about Frost being the best on Warmane, why did you even open this thread then?
    Where have I said that I know how DK's are on warmane? I know how class should work. No.

123 Last