1. May 31, 2015  

Character Profile: As'ana, In search of a friend

( First off, my apologies if I'm crowding the RP forum with my character profiles that possibly no one is interested in, but I really feel like writing and I hope at least some of you find these entertaining)

As'ana was an eleven year old girl who was growing up in a small troll village in Durotar. Her village didn't interest her that much, however, because her best friend Kaz'ja was living in Razor Hill, a 30 minutes walk from her own smaller village. Trolls weren't as accepted there as they were in her home village and were often mistrusted by orcs who primarily lived there.

Nonetheless, every morning, as soon as she finished eating breakfast, As'ana would run off to Razor Hill to play with her friend. As'ana still fondly remembers the lively adventures they had. They would sneak behind the tavern counter and eat fresh berries when the Inkeeper wasn't looking, they would nag the warrior trainer to borrow them wooden swords so they could "duel" and they would often prank the grumpy old orc of the village by putting disguisting raptor ears in his boar stew. They just had fun, and didn't know or care about the consequences of their actions.

Sometimes, Kaz'ja's parents would catch them in their mischievous "missions" and drag Kaz'Ja back home and ground her from going out again for the rest of day. Kaz'ja would always look sad the next day, but As'ana never gave much thought to it. One day, while exploring a nearby cave, they met a peculiar troll dressed in purple robes who had painted the cave wall with strange symbols and decorated the cave with seemingly useless ornaments. "Ya, yes, you, 'ya mons, 'ya be 'da ones dat 'da omens be tellin' me 'bout," he said in a crisp, old voice. Kaz'ja told As'ana to run, but As'ana convinced her to stay, she was obviously intrigued by this weird troll.

'Yas, yas, yas!! Ya be 'havin 'da gift, 'ya just need proper trainin'," he said absent mindedly. The girls stood in silence and stared. "I can teach 'ya tricks, spells, 'ya, 'ya, you want, no?" Kaz'ja asked in a careful tone, "What kind of spells?". The troll responded with an unnatural grin "Have 'ya ever heard of 'da voodoo child?" As'ana remembered her parents telling her to stay away from "the voodoo". Perfect. "Yes, we want to learn that!" As'ana said excitidly while Kaz'ja looked at her with doubt, but ultimately followed her lead,

As'ana was aware things could go horribly wrong, but luckily, things went terrifcly well. This became a new hobby for her and her Kaz'Ja. For the next 6 months, they learned new, fun tricks every day, such as setting rats aflame or turning rats' teeth into beans. But one day, when they were on the road to Razor Hill, returning from the cave, Kaz'Ja's parents were waiting for them...They uttered not a word, instead, her mother approached Kaz'ja slowly with a wooden mace. " 'Na, please don't hurt me again, please, we not 'do anytin' wrong, we were just playin' 'wit tricks, please" Kaz'ja begged and begged, but her mother beat her up, badly. As'ana started in sadness, disbelief and anger but didn't know what to do. Before she could do anything, Kaz'Ja's father approached As'ana with a sharp knife and slightly cut her lip. "Listen 'ta me 'ya 'lil ****, you be stayin' away from my daughta' or I will cut 'ya 'ta pieces before you can even try 'ta corrupt her 'wit 'ya voodoo **** . 'Ya games can get her and us arrested by orcs and I'll kill 'ya before 'dat happens. Now run away and don't ever look back or try to talk 'ta my my daughta' if 'ya value 'ya pathetic life," he threatened her with a physco look.

And she didn't look back, she just ran. The last time she saw her friend was when she saw her getting beaten and abused by her own parents. And As'ana didn't dare to do anything about it, she was afraid. She was too afraid to tell her parents because she worried about what THEY would do if they found out she was meddling with voodoo, she was too afraid to even approach Razor Hill where Kaz'Ja's parents lived. She was afraid. She was afraid while her friend was alone and suffering.

The next day, she went to the cave again, and the "voodoo master" told her she is ready for a "special ritual", not even mentioning the fact that Kaz'ja was missing The ritual, he said, had something to do with demons and blood.

8 years had passed and As'ana had become an examplary warlock under the training of her voodoo master. Everyone in her village knew by now .They hid it from the orc guards every time they came, but no one was opposed to her choice; her parents had even found her a job as an "alchemist". She had a content, happy life. Yet there was one thing she still regretted, one part of her soul that still ached with sadness. Her friend. After all this time. She knew she would be risking her life if she ventured into Razor Hill as a warlock and face Kaz'Ja's parents who had threatened to killed her. But she had to check up with Kaz'ja, no matter how happy her life was now, it was the happiest back then when she was a child and together with her best friend. She had to see if she was okay. It was about time.

She put on her black hood to conceal her red eyes, casted a demonic shield just in case, licked her tusks for luck and ventured to Razor Hill. She knocked on the hut doors of her friend and her friend's mother opened it. "What the **** do 'ya want?" she asked rudely with breath smelling of alcohol. "I know 'ya told me 'ta stay away from 'er, but can I please see 'er, just 'dis one time?" As'ana asked humbly. The mother responded drunkedly with hate in her voice: "Wat?! 'Ya 'da not know? She escaped home not long after 'ya had left, in search of 'sume Horde Clan 'ya warria' traina' used to speak 'ta 'ya about? It's all 'ya fault, 'ya lowlife, you drove her away!"

"'Wat Clan? Where? I need 'ta find 'er! " As'ana asked worriedly. The putrid drunkard brushed it off " 'Ya think 'dat if I knew I 'wudn't go 'findin 'er meself ?! Maybe not, she was a **** child, just like you, now **** off." After hearing that, As'ana silently casted a choking spell and happily watched the monsterous woman run out of breath and her life slowly fading away as she fell on the floor. As'ana smirked bitterly, her eyes in tears, and closed the door, sneakily walking away from the hut.

"I have 'ta find 'er," As'ana said to herself, "I owe it 'ta 'er, 'ta my best friend." She tried to find the warrior trainer, but she soon found out he had died a long time ago. It was time for her to seek out this clan, find her, and make it up for all these lost years, mistakes and regrets.
    Edited: May 31, 2015

2. May 31, 2015  
    Are you planning on playing out any of these characters in game, or just writing their back stories?

3. May 31, 2015  
    Of course I am planing on roleplaying them!

4. May 31, 2015  
    Just to clarify, troll or orc warlock? I saw 'liked her tusks' but neither race is named- only hintend from the locations in the story. What realm? If your character is a member of the horde and has an interest in protecting the lands in which her missing friend occupies, the guild HONOR may have some roleplayers for you to join and vise versa.

Happy RP!

5. May 31, 2015  
    She's a troll, yes, I wanted to share the information in a subtle manner, but apparently I failed.

And yes again, she's on Warsong and I do plan to make her join HONOR.

EDIT: I do think of making both her and Garret joining the guild, but I'm unsure on which character I want to focus on. I'll contact you in-game about some story stuff.

Cheers!

6. June 4, 2015  
    Could fit in with Humbaba, my troll mage/magic junk merchant. He's currently on Neltharion, but I could make a version of him on Warsong.

7. June 7, 2015  
    Great story. The accent definitely indicated troll to me. While my main is alliance, it would be fun to RP with you should I ever create a horde character. :)

8. Im a sucker to a short story, when i see it I force myself to read it .Bit of a cliff hanger, would be nice if you could finish the story with garnet too :) good work.