View Poll Results: What format do you wanna see in Duo Queue?

Voters
636. You may not vote on this poll
  • MCH

205 32.23%
  • Free for all

431 67.77%
  1. June 1, 2015  
    Various problems with this may arise, have you even thought it through? Alright, let's try to picture it, I'm a bit high right now and I'll just try to paint it for myself and others with words, as much as I'll miss a lot of things.

Let's imagine this, a random situation (1) you are a mage. I am a mage. I am an above average mage proficient in spell cleaves, I have at least 2100 3v3 experience and I've been at around 2k solo-queue max rate, worse than my 3v3. I hear about this change and since as a mage I have very little point to duo-queue with a melee class, after all that's all I've been doing until this point (MCH, you get a melee anyway, plus a healer) and I have 2000 soloq rate to show for it. -------- Ok, no point to do that, what if I get a healer? I can play with my discipline priest buddy, I guess? Sadly, I know very few resto shamans... Hmm, if I do that I have a 50/50 chance to get either a melee class (back to point 1 above) or get a caster class. Interesting, I hope I get a warlock so we at least beat every other spell cleave! Oh wait... ------- Why not just go with a warlock and play ML/x then? We'll just have a hard time versus certain melee cleaves! Sounds good. I'll try how the other casters work with me later!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What do we see? A person playing a spell caster would choose to duo-queue with another spell caster. He would beat most melee/caster/healer compositions composed of solo-queing people, he will have better chances against other spell cleaves who are not duo-queing - people going solo in soloq-queue are in all cases getting wrecked, so what happens?

Let's for a second leave the body of that fragile mage and imagine ourselves as a mighty warrior. I am a warrior now. Let's queue a bit of solo-queue, I want to see what today has in store for me. <Queue pop> Yeaha, got an elemental shaman and a paladin, this is my favourite combo! Oh, this ele I've played with before, have barely lost any games with him, I like the guy. Oh ya, they also added this duo-queue thing again... ****, 5 seconds left, guess I'll ask him for some thundercleave soloqueue climb after the game's over. <Gates open> Gladius: Elemental Shaman/Destruction Warlock/Holy Paladin. Well damn.
    1 min later: /w Ele buddy: Yo, that game could've went better but I just died in 1 shadowfury, sorry about that. Anyway, **** happens, wanna do some duo-queue? /w from Ele buddy: Ah, sorry, I already told a warlock I would play with him.
    Damn. I guess he has good reason for that though, LS/x is quite strong indeed. I kinda don't see a point in playing soloqueue anymore, if I get paired with a MCH I'll have same chances I had before versus MCH since I doubt anyone would still play as a solo player, if I get a melee I guess I might have better chances vs some MCH teams, worse chances against others, MMH vs. MMH would be a zergfest, I guess the ones with a duo-queue partner tho would have better odds... my chances definitely depend a lot on composition I face and if I play MMH or not, plus these Tier 1 weapons just aren't helping my case at all compared to these caster guys.

What do you see here? Melee classes also have to pick the cleave option. Dig further and, rogues for example are more ****ed than before now. Other DAMAGE DEALING classes like protection warriors (ATC), elemental shamans (LSP), mages (MLS) with -strong- setup options get a huge buff on the other hand.

And healers? Healers get paired up with either duo-queing cleaves or random people, things don't really change in any way for them, meaning it's same old boring ****. A discipline priest can't decide for himself what setup he will play, while melee/caster classes have the choice.

Problem example 1: Elemental shaman invites warlock and queues, queue pops. Since class stacking is not allowed, they get either a paladin, a priest or a druid healer. Result - they wreck everyone, they keep queing the same **** making the ladder dead.
    Problem example 2: Holy paladin wants to try something new. Can't.
    Problem example 3: Melee weapons being tier 1 making spell cleaves vastly more powerful than their melee counterparts.
    Problem example 4: Single melee/caster people, err, those who play it as a single person, as solo-queue are at a disadvantage by default.

Here is what I propose to level all the playing grounds:

Solution: A duo-queue group can only participate in games as an MCH setup, while everyone else queing as a single person has a chance to join a spell/melee cleave variation.

Dunno, thoughts? I kinda lost my line of thought at around the middle of this mess, lol.

2. June 1, 2015  
    Pretty simple to solve, actually.
    Allow soloQ or x/healer to pair up to a spell or melee cleave, but don`t allow people to que as double caster or double melee.
    Adds diversity, but prevents people from spamming LSx duoQ

3. June 1, 2015  
    Are this poll serius? what kind of person prefer remove mhc for that absurd rng?

then, you can qeue and get pro comps like dk-fmage-heal vs lsp? xDD

AT was balanced or tried it, this is ilogic, , ye soloq is for learn, pvp never was balanced blabla but this should be boring... so much rng, srly, why?

definitely for ppl who only plays soloq is time to leave this realm, "all will be the same" you said malaco haha, population is terrible now but after this change you can merge again into other molten realm cuz no one will keep playing here except the other realm people who voted uncomprehendingly and don't play on blackrock.

srry bad english

4. June 1, 2015  
    As Malaco said, lets try it for 1 week.
    You guys prolly right with all the problems that free for all will involve, but at least something is moving.
    Same old **** for over 2 year now, glad they trying to change something.

5. June 1, 2015  
    3v3 is dead cz ppl stoped playing it because they dont want to face lsp but they actualy wanna have fun so if u alove that in soloq also u will kill it also ppl will stop playing it

6. June 1, 2015  
    Because this thread is about:
    return of features for Blackrock and Warsong
    i just wanna post this:
    hope malaco will care

7. June 1, 2015  
    Various problems with this may arise, have you even thought it through? Alright, let's try to picture it, I'm a bit high right now and I'll just try to paint it for myself and others with words, as much as I'll miss a lot of things.

Let's imagine this, a random situation (1) you are a mage. I am a mage. I am an above average mage proficient in spell cleaves, I have at least 2100 3v3 experience and I've been at around 2k solo-queue max rate, worse than my 3v3. I hear about this change and since as a mage I have very little point to duo-queue with a melee class, after all that's all I've been doing until this point (MCH, you get a melee anyway, plus a healer) and I have 2000 soloq rate to show for it. -------- Ok, no point to do that, what if I get a healer? I can play with my discipline priest buddy, I guess? Sadly, I know very few resto shamans... Hmm, if I do that I have a 50/50 chance to get either a melee class (back to point 1 above) or get a caster class. Interesting, I hope I get a warlock so we at least beat every other spell cleave! Oh wait... ------- Why not just go with a warlock and play ML/x then? We'll just have a hard time versus certain melee cleaves! Sounds good. I'll try how the other casters work with me later!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What do we see? A person playing a spell caster would choose to duo-queue with another spell caster. He would beat most melee/caster/healer compositions composed of solo-queing people, he will have better chances against other spell cleaves who are not duo-queing - people going solo in soloq-queue are in all cases getting wrecked, so what happens?

Let's for a second leave the body of that fragile mage and imagine ourselves as a mighty warrior. I am a warrior now. Let's queue a bit of solo-queue, I want to see what today has in store for me. <Queue pop> Yeaha, got an elemental shaman and a paladin, this is my favourite combo! Oh, this ele I've played with before, have barely lost any games with him, I like the guy. Oh ya, they also added this duo-queue thing again... ****, 5 seconds left, guess I'll ask him for some thundercleave soloqueue climb after the game's over. <Gates open> Gladius: Elemental Shaman/Destruction Warlock/Holy Paladin. Well damn.
    1 min later: /w Ele buddy: Yo, that game could've went better but I just died in 1 shadowfury, sorry about that. Anyway, **** happens, wanna do some duo-queue? /w from Ele buddy: Ah, sorry, I already told a warlock I would play with him.
    Damn. I guess he has good reason for that though, LS/x is quite strong indeed. I kinda don't see a point in playing soloqueue anymore, if I get paired with a MCH I'll have same chances I had before versus MCH since I doubt anyone would still play as a solo player, if I get a melee I guess I might have better chances vs some MCH teams, worse chances against others, MMH vs. MMH would be a zergfest, I guess the ones with a duo-queue partner tho would have better odds... my chances definitely depend a lot on composition I face and if I play MMH or not, plus these Tier 1 weapons just aren't helping my case at all compared to these caster guys.

What do you see here? Melee classes also have to pick the cleave option. Dig further and, rogues for example are more ****ed than before now. Other DAMAGE DEALING classes like protection warriors (ATC), elemental shamans (LSP), mages (MLS) with -strong- setup options get a huge buff on the other hand.

And healers? Healers get paired up with either duo-queing cleaves or random people, things don't really change in any way for them, meaning it's same old boring ****. A discipline priest can't decide for himself what setup he will play, while melee/caster classes have the choice.

Problem example 1: Elemental shaman invites warlock and queues, queue pops. Since class stacking is not allowed, they get either a paladin, a priest or a druid healer. Result - they wreck everyone, they keep queing the same **** making the ladder dead.
    Problem example 2: Holy paladin wants to try something new. Can't.
    Problem example 3: Melee weapons being tier 1 making spell cleaves vastly more powerful than their melee counterparts.
    Problem example 4: Single melee/caster people, err, those who play it as a single person, as solo-queue are at a disadvantage by default.

Here is what I propose to level all the playing grounds:

Solution: A duo-queue group can only participate in games as an MCH setup, while everyone else queing as a single person has a chance to join a spell/melee cleave variation.

Dunno, thoughts? I kinda lost my line of thought at around the middle of this mess, lol.
    might even be best post iv read on this forums

and this is rly good idea

8. June 1, 2015  
    I would rather do it the opposite way.

Solo queue = MCH
    Duo queue = free for all + share queue with 3s.

Main reason is to reduce the higher amount of RNG for the solo queue players.
    And make queues faster for all 3s. Becuase rigtht now DuoQ only get matched up vs MCH 3s teams.
    After all.. Solo queue was never created to be competitive, just a gateway for players to experience 3s.

The system can never be perfect. Just more officiant towards 3s queues.

9. June 1, 2015  

Logic will get you from A to B.

might even be best post iv read on this forums

and this is rly good idea
    +1

//Imagination will take you everywhere.

10. June 1, 2015  
    what would it take to get soloq on Warsong? =S

11. June 1, 2015  

12. June 1, 2015  
    I would rather do it the opposite way.

Solo queue = MCH
    Duo queue = free for all + share queue with 3s.

Main reason is to reduce the higher amount of RNG for the solo queue players.
    And make queues faster for all 3s. Becuase rigtht now DuoQ only get matched up vs MCH 3s teams.
    After all.. Solo queue was never created to be competitive, just a gateway for players to experience 3s.

The system can never be perfect. Just more officiant towards 3s queues.
    so how do you want to secure that if somebody queues solo is not getting a duoqueue team as a partner? doesn't really make sense.

13. June 1, 2015  
    What is duo queue?
    It's pretty self explanatory. Duo meaning two(you and a friend) queue into solo queue.

On topic: Is this change active yet? I would love to try it out.

14. June 1, 2015  
    Your main goal here is to not let people queue into duo q to rank1,i think you should increace the range of these 2 brackets to meet,i suggest 2.2k(which is not even near top5 teams on season end) 2k is so low....

15. June 1, 2015  
    so how do you want to secure that if somebody queues solo is not getting a duoqueue team as a partner? doesn't really make sense.
    That is how DuoQ works right now.
    You queue up with a friend and get matched with a solo queue player.

First 1234 ... Last